Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

ARK Coilover??

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:42 PM
style JDM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARK Coilover??

ok folks, when i was shopping around for coilovers, ARK Coilover popped up
on search along with all other expensive coilovers such as tanabe, tein and etc...
anways did anyone ever heard of ARK? I've seen it on D1 drift car and there was a group buy going on for $800

https://my350z.com/forum/suspension/...s-on-sale.html

i've notice lots of tiburon owners are using ARK Coilovers and have good feedbacks
but never heard of anything from 350z owners so far...
never heard of the brand, although price is really affordable
and specs are comparable with BIG KNOWN brands.
well i'm shopping around and still debating if i should get it or not...
AND PLEASE NEED SOME HELP!! CAN'T DECIDE

Last edited by style JDM; 05-16-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:25 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

Never tried any of their products.

Last edited by dikspiel; 05-15-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what are you expecting with $800 coilovers exactly?
Old 05-16-2009, 01:07 AM
ARKperformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

It is our intro price $ 800.00 / ST-P Version coilover system. the reason we're able to negotiate price, we're direct manufacture from Korea based USA Branch. If you're not familiar about our brand, it is because we're OEM private label manufacture. We did lot of different name brand and other field products. so, you can expect more than 800.00 from our product.

ARK@ D1GP

ARK @ D1GP

ARK @ SEMA

ARK SUPRA

ARK LOTUS

Formula D Team ARK Crew Member

Old 05-16-2009, 02:56 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by style JDM
ok folks, when i was shopping around for coilovers, ARK Coilover popped up
on search along with all other expensive coilovers such as endless and
tanabe, tein and etc...
anways did anyone ever heard of ARK? I've seen it on D1 drift car and there was a group buy going on for $800

https://my350z.com/forum/suspension/...s-on-sale.html

i've notice lots of tiburon owners are using ARK Coilovers and have good feedbacks
but never heard of anything from 350z owners so far...
never heard of the brand, although price is really affordable
and specs are comparable with BIG KNOWN brands.
well i'm shopping around and still debating if i should get it or not...
AND PLEASE NEED SOME HELP!! CAN'T DECIDE
How exactly does Endless/ZEAL get grouped in with TEIN, Tanabe and ARK. ARK is who? I hope your not seriously comparing any of those brands with ZEAL. ARK more likely belongs in the group with D2, KSport TEIN. Until I see the a dyno graph for a set (4) of their shocks I'm going to add them to the list of junk.

And what does drifting have to do with a set of dampers? The test for a set of dampers is on a JGTC or time attack car.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:32 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

its amazing to me their coilovers that are supposed to compare with the best barely cost more then their knock off hks exhaust.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Highwind

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
How exactly does Endless/ZEAL get grouped in with TEIN, Tanabe and ARK. ARK is who? I hope your not seriously comparing any of those brands with ZEAL. ARK more likely belongs in the group with D2, KSport TEIN. Until I see the a dyno graph for a set (4) of their shocks I'm going to add them to the list of junk.

And what does drifting have to do with a set of dampers? The test for a set of dampers is on a JGTC or time attack car.
You put the name under a list of junk going off your own personal opinion without trying them out. If you in fact tried out Endless/Zeal ,Motons, JRZ, and KW coilovers, then you would be more credible.

Also i have test driven and put on various coilovers such as ARK , Tanabe PRO seven, KW V3, and Motons( High end stuff). All in Which I consider good quality and ride. Each of these coilovers brought something different to the market and each system has its own feel. I just recently got the DT-S system and it feels awesome. All there is now is to see how it holds up in my daily routines and occasional track life.

Props to ARK . Good Price, Great Quality, and Great service.

I will be post a more detailed review and pictures in 2 weeks(going to track next week)
Old 05-16-2009, 09:42 AM
style JDM

well, i am not putting ARK in to the group of JGTC or TIMEATTACK tested company side by side.
When i was searching for bang for the buck coilovers, it just came to my
attention, and have done some research but couldn't find reviews like any other "JUNK" like you mentioned.
also i am not planning to spend $3000 coilovers that i'll be driving mostly on the street as a daily or may attend neighborhood track events.
Yes i know there are many wonderful pricy coilovers out there and also have tried
zeal function, along with couple of other brands back in a days when all the business were good.

well i'm not a drifter so i wouldn't know if drifting has anything to do with dampers or suspension?? but i think it does.

anyways, need to do some more rearch oh yeah thank your for the post "ARKperformance"

Last edited by style JDM; 05-16-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The question still stands to the OP - what are you expecting out of $800 coilovers (regardless of brand)?

As far as equating anything at this price point (regardless of maker), to any motorsports oriented unit, is being, to put it kindly, retarded
Old 05-16-2009, 11:21 AM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by Highwind
You put the name under a list of junk going off your own personal opinion without trying them out. If you in fact tried out Endless/Zeal ,Motons, JRZ, and KW coilovers, then you would be more credible.

Also i have test driven and put on various coilovers such as ARK , Tanabe PRO seven, KW V3, and Motons( High end stuff). All in Which I consider good quality and ride. Each of these coilovers brought something different to the market and each system has its own feel. I just recently got the DT-S system and it feels awesome. All there is now is to see how it holds up in my daily routines and occasional track life.

Props to ARK . Good Price, Great Quality, and Great service.

I will be post a more detailed review and pictures in 2 weeks(going to track next week)
I would imagine you have some association with ARK?

Here is my set of ZEAL Super Function dampers This is my 3rd set of dampers for this car...

This is what I do with my car....

My ZEALS have been calibrated and adjusted on a shock dyno by ZEAL before being sent to me. I have proof of what they are other than what is stamped on the box. Post up a shock dyno of anything ARK makes and we'll have a look. I have seen dyno's of most of the low end shocks and they were worse than a nightmare. TEIN being one of the worst.

BTW Welcome to post #5!

Last edited by JETPILOT; 05-16-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:31 PM
style JDM

ok i think this thread is going somewhere else... -..-
JETPILOT thank your for your lovely thread killing opinion... seems like you have lots of motorsport experience, i'm glad that zeal is your third set and glad you like it very much. but i'm sorry i don't think i could afford to put zeal on my car plus i don't think its really worth it to me (don't get me wrong not saying zeal is bad, just can't afford it and can't seem to find zeal's functionality on my daily driving basis) however, i would love to try it whenever if i get a chance.

anyways, OK i'm taking ZEAL off from the comparison list or whatever, shouldn't have mentioned it at first place, it was my bad.

ok back to the subject, so what are my choices?
Old 05-16-2009, 03:16 PM
JETPILOT

I'm just sick of new companies who think they have something above and beyond what anyone else is offering and are doing everyone a favor by selling it at half price. Show us some facts please new company.

My advice is a set of Bilstein PSS9 or PSS10's. You can't go wrong with them. It's a very high quality damper.

You can also buy ARK, D2, KSport, Megan, Attack etc. But call a chicken a chicken. They are not ZEALS, MOTONS, Biisteins, Koni's etc.

Last edited by JETPILOT; 05-16-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Highwind

Originally Posted by style JDM
ok i think this thread is going somewhere else... -..-
JETPILOT thank your for your lovely thread killing opinion... seems like you have lots of motorsport experience, i'm glad that zeal is your third set and glad you like it very much. but i'm sorry i don't think i could afford to put zeal on my car plus i don't think its really worth it to me (don't get me wrong not saying zeal is bad, just can't afford it and can't seem to find zeal's functionality on my daily driving basis) however, i would love to try it whenever if i get a chance.

anyways, OK i'm taking ZEAL off from the comparison list or whatever, shouldn't have mentioned it at first place, it was my bad.

ok back to the subject, so what are my choices?

STYLE JDM: There are alot within that price range.Anywhere from STANCE to Megan to ARK. I gave you my opinion on what I know. I have seen and tested alot of coilovers and gave you my opinion.

Quick Question: Jetpilot, what rims are you running on? ADVAN RS??
Old 05-16-2009, 10:06 PM
JETPILOT

Yes... they are ADVAN RS 18".
Old 05-17-2009, 12:44 AM
ARKperformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

you have no idea how much a set of dampers have to do w/ in drifting. everything from the drift entry to the exit is the dampers and tires. if i knew you would be posting i wouldve came w/ my flame suit on.. you guys talk about JDM and what not but do you guys really know where most of the parts are being made? from KW to tein, the dampers are MADE IN a 3rd party country. but since its assembled in their country of origin w/ other parts of the coilover being made in their country of origin, they advertise it as being made in their country of origin (IE: germany, japan). i've been in the industry for longer than i can remember and worked for many different companies that i shouldn't disclose. ARK coilovers are very very high quality. the pricing is low because we are trying to introduce these and want forum members to try them out. High price, better product? LOL come on seriously??? try out the product before giving your 2cents. our coilovers are 100% made in Korea.

Last edited by ARKperformance; 05-17-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:52 AM
ARKperformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
its amazing to me their coilovers that are supposed to compare with the best barely cost more then their knock off hks exhaust.
We wanted to offer a high quality, cheaper alternative to the HKS exhaust. people jumped at the XO2 exhaust but that exhaust was seriously crap. rusting problems, bent tips, weld cracking, low quality steel, etc. should i go on? what do you really consider quality these day? GReddy w/ their 409 stainless steel exhausts that rust like no other because their on the verge of bankrupcy or is it HKS w/ their mild steel exhausts? JDM JDM JDM!!!!! but why? do you guys really know what goes into making and producing an exhaust. our R&D goes into everything from muffler design, sound control, piping thickness, highest quality stainless steel, flow design, etc. what more did you need?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:32 AM
RetchedOne

Originally Posted by ARKperformance
We wanted to offer a high quality, cheaper alternative to the HKS exhaust. people jumped at the XO2 exhaust but that exhaust was seriously crap. rusting problems, bent tips, weld cracking, low quality steel, etc. should i go on? what do you really consider quality these day? GReddy w/ their 409 stainless steel exhausts that rust like no other because their on the verge of bankrupcy or is it HKS w/ their mild steel exhausts? JDM JDM JDM!!!!! but why? do you guys really know what goes into making and producing an exhaust. our R&D goes into everything from muffler design, sound control, piping thickness, highest quality stainless steel, flow design, etc. what more did you need?
Cough... and they got hot girls on their website...
Old 05-17-2009, 12:06 PM
JETPILOT

Originally Posted by ARKperformance
you have no idea how much a set of dampers have to do w/ in drifting. everything from the drift entry to the exit is the dampers and tires. if i knew you would be posting i wouldve came w/ my flame suit on.. you guys talk about JDM and what not but do you guys really know where most of the parts are being made? from KW to tein, the dampers are MADE IN CHINA. but since its assembled in their country of origin w/ other parts of the coilover being made in their country of origin, they advertise it as being made in their country of origin (IE: germany, japan). i've been in the industry for longer than i can remember and worked for many different companies that i shouldn't disclose. ARK coilovers are very very high quality. the pricing is low because we are trying to introduce these and want forum members to try them out. High price, better product? LOL come on seriously??? try out the product before giving your 2cents. our coilovers are 100% made in Korea.
Give us a reason to try your product! You must have some shock dyno's laying around? Post them up. All I am hearing is alot of talk.

Send a set of your dampers springs to RE Engineering and then post up the info and we will see what you are selling. For beginers... where are the articulating upper mounts?

I have alot of respect for some of the machine work being done in China/Taiwan. Some manufacturing facilities have state of the art CNC machines on par with any of the best countries on the world and some don't. I have yet to see a descent set of dampers stamped made in Taiwan/Korea/China.

I am saying that I would like to see some proof. I don't want a set of dampers being sold to me Billy Mays style. You can't expect people who know about dampers to take you at face value. So post it up or shut up.

Last edited by JETPILOT; 05-17-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:09 AM
JETPILOT

ARK... Where did you go? No response?
Old 05-19-2009, 09:26 AM
style JDM

please JETPILOT i think you are taking a little too far, if you have questions regarding their coilovers or whatever, please go ahead and send him a PM or other forms of contact. I know this is a public forum and you have many reasons to be upset but please have some proper mannor and respect towards other. I am respectfully asking you to drop this subject.

btw sorry for the late reponse, i think i'm going to pass on the D2 Coilover deal. Had a D2 on my car before

Quick Reply: ARK Coilover??