Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Alliance Brakes. Anyone using?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Jes-Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alliance Brakes. Anyone using?

Hey Fellas,

I'm kinda in the market for a BBK. I have always been a fan of Stop Tech, and Endless, but I've seen lately in the forums a new brand called Alliance. If the prices I see are accurate. I think with these brakes, you're getting more for the money compared to the other companies. I would like to know if anyone is running these and how much do they perform. I'm an occasional road course guy and would want something that performs like a stud. I think the brakes are absolutely stunning since they are anodized. I also like the 8 Piston Front, 6 Piston rear setup. They'll look stellar on my car but I will not invest so much and have crappy good looking brakes that are all show and no go.

Those with Alliance BBK's? Are you happy with the braking? Have you taken them to the track?

Vendors....Here is your chance. Sell me the brakes in this thread and use it a refrence for future customers. I'd love to know what goes into these brtakes. What makes these brakes completely different from everyone else? What performace numbers have been recorded? Anything you find important.

Thanks in advance,

Jesse
(An Informed Customer)

Attached is a pic of the brakes.
I've seen this thread and a few others for refrence.
https://my350z.com/forum/brakes/4395...us-prices.html
Attached Thumbnails Alliance Brakes. Anyone using?-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by Jes-Z; 07-27-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:56 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jes - my two cents...

1. Resale Value?
2. Likelihood of long-term business operation?
3. Customer service post-sale?
4. Replacement components?
5. Warranty in case of failure?
6. Widespread testing in complex environements?

I think you should go deep if you're really serious. I decided to think
totally out of the box with an R35 brembo setup.

Either way - gl...
Old 08-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

I could spend 9 paragraphs speaking on the Alliance brakes in an unbiased manner, but it would just sound like I'm trying to sell them. Hopefully some of their BBK customers will chime in.

Just to add two quick quips from two customers, their words copy and pasted, no editing:

From G35 driver, one of Alliance's sponsored rides:
"I will say that even with still having the stock rear brakes I can feel a major difference with these. It seems like it takes very little effort to stop the car now and I bet I can lock these up without even trying. They just grab that good."
He has since installed the full 8 front 6 piston rear setup, and has all good things to say

From a 350 with the 15/14 8/6 setup, just a portion of his review:
"Performance: They work excellant, stopping on the Dime, not a sound or squeak, no brake dust (what?) yeah....no brake dust. I wipe my wheels and nothing.

Off the shelf: Would I buy them...for the price, quality and choice of Hats, color, calipers...HELL YEAH! in a heartbeat. The price is set too low. Honestly, you need to ask for more."

Originally Posted by lgear080
Jes - my two cents...

1. Resale Value?
2. Likelihood of long-term business operation?
3. Customer service post-sale?
4. Replacement components?
5. Warranty in case of failure?
6. Widespread testing in complex environements?
1. Since they are relatively new, its hard to comment on their resale value. The prices they are selling at now are very low, to help get a good amount of sales initially and a lot of their products on customer's rides. as the brand becomes highly respected brand, that has customer's posts and reviews to back the products up, the retail value of the brakes will become 'normal' (not introductory prices), thus increasing their resell value and making it a wise investment to buy now.

2. Right now, Alliance is developing their BBK lineup for the 370Z and G37. Their product lineup will increase, as will the cars the products are produced for. We at Blackline have two of their prototype reclining racing seats in, and they have two more prototypes of full bucket seats coming in soon. Alliance is here to stay as far as I can tell.

3. As Alliance's exclusive online vendor, our customers speak for ourselves. and usually say things similar to the quote in my signature

4. Stocked by us, ready to roll.

5. BBKs are warrantied, and since the warranties are handled by us, see #3 and #4 above.

6. Alliance has numbers for their kits, but their products have been beaten to death already by customers in real world applications; track days, mountain runs, and very recently, one of their sponsored rides started hitting the autoX circuit up, we'll hopefully see a thread about that soon. but the other situations have threads on here, and it has been all positive reviews!

I think i answered those 6 points pretty thoroughly if you guys have any questions please post them in this thread or drop me a PM, or email sales@blacklinems.com
Old 08-02-2009, 09:23 PM
jadaniya
Banned

I (like you), think these brakes look ridiculously sick... And huge LOL. 8/6 combo is crazy. I guess it all comes down to how serious you are about performance. It's been discused before many times. Tires, good pads, and braided lines will get you far and cost a lot less. It seems (by reading thru a bunch of posts) that bbks are only really beneficial if you're gonna brake a lot in a short time period (autox). If you said you wanted a bbk mainly for show I'd say get the alliance kit for sure. I've thought about it before too. The thing that holds me back is like lgear posted... It's a lot of money for a bbk - so how do I know alliance isn't going to disappear 6 months after I buy the kit. If they did go - 1) I probably couldn't resell my kit for $hit. 2) if any problems arose I'd be completely on my own and a couple g's in the hole. As mike mentioned, if there ever were a time to buy this, it would be right now. If you wait till they're a household name you're going to pay a lot more than you would now and you'll be kicking yourself in the a$$ for not getting it while it was cheap. So it's really a gamble - all you can do is hope to come out on top.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:03 PM
SILKZ03

Loving the brakes. They are everything I thought they would be and more. If you want a unique set of brakes that no one else has, then go for it. The blue set in the Original thread of the Silver Z is mine.

Fortunetly for me I got the first set in Hawaii. Honestly I do believe having the set of BBK had a hand in me winning the 4th of July show. The judges were amazed at the Brakes. Other than appearance, I needed a set of brakes that would stopp me as I'm boosting at high speeds up and down hills and straight ways. My old set just wouldn't stop resulting in a couple of close calls....fok that. I needed brakes. Alliance BBK was a no brainer, and I couldn't be more satisfied.

my 02:

Cost: Excellent considering most BBKs would only offfer a 6 pot Fronts for the price I paid for both 8 and 6.

Appearance: Beautiful, more than I expected. Colored hats, lines everything is on point. eveywhere I go, people look at the BBKs not the car. I even find myself gawging at them everytime I go near or looking at my car from a distance...They are huge and even more sick rolling on the Highway. Can't say for the other colors but the Blues are siiiiiiiiick.

Equipment: Choice of hats, color, choice of calipers, SS lines all are quality well worth more than the price I paid for them.

Performance/maintenance: They work excellant, stopping on the Dime, not a sound or squeak, no brake dust (what?) yeah....no brake dust. I wipe my wheels and nothing. Seems that the brakes are so clean/no brake dust... no need to clean them. Even the wifey noticed the difference before and after. She drove my Z to work..said the car is actually stopping now when I just touch the pedal (whatever that means)...anyways

Off the shelf: Would I buy them...for the price, quality and choice of Hats, color, calipers...HELL YEAH! in a heartbeat. The price is set too low. Honestly, you need to ask for more.

Comparison: Endless, stopteck, etc. the quality is just as good or better than they are and half the price....good job! I'm loving them.

I couldn't be more happier. I'm satisified with my set. Mike is a great guy to do business with. Hope this helps with your decision.

Last edited by SILKZ03; 08-02-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:08 AM
warmmilk

how do they hold up on a track after repeated stops? stock brakes can stop on a dime at regular steet temp... the improvement "even you wife felt" prolly came more from the stainless braided lines than anything else...

i'm not trying to talk these down or anything, just that everything i've seen posted about these brakes so far is pretty useless info in what bbk's are designed to do: resist fade at the track (and autox doesn't count, by stockers handle an autox without a hiccup).

whats the pad selection like?

who makes pads for these, make and model (i.e. ferodo ds2500).

are track pads available?

are the pads an existing pad shape or a brand new design (stoptechs are an existing porsche pad shape, giving excellent pad selection)

how much are replacement parts (ballpark) such as rotors, hats, hat bolts, etc
Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 AM
lgear080

mike - can you pm me a pricepoint for an 8/6 alliance setup complete shippd bidness?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

i will PM you and answer your questions warmmilk later today, about to go pick up my puppy and take her for her first vet visit.

one 350z customer took his full 8/6 setup out to a raceway in california, dont remember which track, and they held up back to back to back laps; on his 9th lap, without any signs of fade that far, his car went into limp mode. thats how how hard he was beating them. he'll post his review in this thread i'm sure, he's one of alliance's first customers

Last edited by Mike@Blackline; 08-03-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:33 AM
warmmilk

^oh yeah, A.H did that. I forgot about him...
Old 08-03-2009, 11:58 AM
SILKZ03

Originally Posted by warmmilk
how do they hold up on a track after repeated stops? stock brakes can stop on a dime at regular steet temp... the improvement "even you wife felt" prolly came more from the stainless braided lines than anything else...
The intent of posting the wife's comments were only to say that someone who dosen't even know what B.B.K stands for, what they are designed to do and only likes the pretty blue color made a comment and noticed a difference. The comment wasn't meant to hold any wieght on this thread but again the thread is for comments from users and you gotta give Alliance more credit than just stainless braided lines bro

As far as track: Hawaii or should I say Oahu dosen't have a track and I'm not an advocate for street racing. But there are times when I feel the need to see where my money goes Unfortunetly some of the roads we race on are out in the moutains on H3 where there are curves and more than a thousand ft drop off cliffs. With that said, you go up, you must come down. With the prior set up I had...at full boost the car just wouldn't stop when that little old lady decided to pull in front of you with other boosted cars right behind you halling azz. Braking down curves and cliffs with a thousand or more drop was a scarey feeling especially when they (Brakes) wouldn't hold. With this set up...no issue. At boost, going up and braking down the moutain is like night and day compared to my old set up. Again, this BBK fits my needs. It may not fit others...but thats everyones choice.

The other technical stuff, Mike can answer those questions. And I believe AH Tracked his car. Good luck!

Last edited by SILKZ03; 08-03-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:18 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by Jes-Z
I think with these brakes, you're getting more for the money compared to the other companies.
You say this and know nothing about them, very interesting. So whats the price on these compaired to a nice set of AP , stoptech or Wilwood ?
Old 08-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Jes-Z

Originally Posted by terrasmak
You say this and know nothing about them, very interesting. So whats the price on these compaired to a nice set of AP , stoptech or Wilwood ?
I do know a little something. The 8 Piston Front / 6 Piston Rear from what I've seen on a personal sale was less than $4K.

At that level a stoptech setup would cost alot more. Considering a 6/4 setup retails for $4500 or more.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:19 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Originally Posted by terrasmak
less. without compromise of quality.

replied to your PM OP
Old 08-04-2009, 08:29 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Jes-Z
I do know a little something. The 8 Piston Front / 6 Piston Rear from what I've seen on a personal sale was less than $4K.

At that level a stoptech setup would cost alot more. Considering a 6/4 setup retails for $4500 or more.
just an fyi, more pistons doesn't mean its better...
Old 08-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Jes-Z

just an fyi, more pistons doesn't mean its better...
I agree. but design does make a difference as well.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:39 AM
lgear080

Mike;s pricepoint is pretty amazing. Literally 50% endless, which is the way I would
have gone should the R35 brakes not have fallen into my lap. I don't think that'll be
beat unless you go with an older, used/abused setup.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Originally Posted by lgear080
Mike;s pricepoint is pretty amazing. Literally 50% endless, which is the way I would
have gone should the R35 brakes not have fallen into my lap. I don't think that'll be
beat unless you go with an older, used/abused setup.
Originally Posted by jadaniya
If you wait till they're a household name you're going to pay a lot more than you would now and you'll be kicking yourself in the a$$ for not getting it while it was cheap.
exactly right sir. this promo pricing wont be around for much longer, so hop on it!
Old 08-06-2009, 02:33 PM
A.H

Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline
i will PM you and answer your questions warmmilk later today, about to go pick up my puppy and take her for her first vet visit.

one 350z customer took his full 8/6 setup out to a raceway in california, dont remember which track, and they held up back to back to back laps; on his 9th lap, without any signs of fade that far, his car went into limp mode. thats how how hard he was beating them. he'll post his review in this thread i'm sure, he's one of alliance's first customers

^oh yeah, A.H did that. I forgot about him...
Yea that was me Mike. I went to Willow Springs Raceway @ The Streets of WIllow. Did a full track day, i think around 4, 20 min session until my car went into limp mode and i decided to call it a day. I haven't had time to write a reveiw yet but the short review is that I beat these brakes like no other lap after lap with absolutely no fade. As the laps in each session racked up catching other cars seemed to get easier as I got more brave with late braking with no fade coming in. Took awhile for me to find the sweet spot for the threshold braking but once i did, braking around the track was a pleasure and the way the car dropped speed was jaw dropping. I will also note that this track, for those that don't know, isn't really a high speed circuit, i don't remember exaclty but i don't think i went above 120 mph on the two very small straights. All in all though, these brakes never failed me and for the price, looks, and performance I would buy again in a heartbeat. Customer service and communication was above and beyond as well. Great job Mike@Blackline and Alliance

PS: OP that is a nice car in your post
Old 08-06-2009, 04:50 PM
350Eazy

I cannot comment on how the brakes perform, yet. But that being said, the customer service aspect in dealing with Mike should be the standard for other vendors on this forum. He has answered all of my questions in a very timely manner, and even gave me more information than I was looking for. I have ordered my kit and cannot wait to get it on my car! Customer Service is #1!!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:39 PM
hatchboi

Originally Posted by 350Eazy
I cannot comment on how the brakes perform, yet. But that being said, the customer service aspect in dealing with Mike should be the standard for other vendors on this forum. He has answered all of my questions in a very timely manner, and even gave me more information than I was looking for. I have ordered my kit and cannot wait to get it on my car! Customer Service is #1!!
+1 i cant wait either, 1-2 more weeks.......

Quick Reply: Alliance Brakes. Anyone using?