Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

HELP!!!! JIC rear coil install

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 09:55 AM
dougrace zs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!! JIC rear coil install

Trying to get the FLTA2s installed that I picked up from ZOasis.

Not a clue on how to reassemble the rear. We have some guesses, but the ride height is WAY too high. Even with the adjust lowered ALL the way.

I know there are two sets of rear springs, which all the discussions here online look to have something different than what we are putting in. I'm feeling we're installing the stiffer of the two springs, and we can't use the same methods because these springs are not compressing as much as the other JICs.

Any advice would be helpful on how to get this assembled would be appreciated asap!

Thanks
Old 11-08-2003, 04:38 PM
Clyde

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rear install

My adjustable post (double nutted) rests on the rear lower link. I had to drill a hole thru the lower link to insert the bolt to hold the adjustable post in place. This set up allows the weight of the car to compress the spring and I adj the height from there. This is probably not what your having problems with but I wasn't sure from your posting.

Goof luck
Old 11-08-2003, 05:40 PM
PhoenixINX

Default Re: rear install

Originally posted by Clyde
My adjustable post (double nutted) rests on the rear lower link. I had to drill a hole thru the lower link to insert the bolt to hold the adjustable post in place. This set up allows the weight of the car to compress the spring and I adj the height from there. This is probably not what your having problems with but I wasn't sure from your posting.

Goof luck
Okay, we did this... but once installed (and had a ***** of a time compressing the spring to allow reinstallation of the control arm) the car sat TWO INCHES higher than stock.

Something is SERIOUSLY wrong. I must have different springs.

We ended up pulling BOTH of the adjustment rings out of the piece and reassembling it. That got us right under stock ride height.

Going to call JIC on Monday.
Old 11-08-2003, 07:00 PM
John

Chris, sorry I wasn't around to receive your question earlier. Did you adjust the shock sleeve height? I can't imagine that Craig would have changed the settings when he uninstalled it. If you want, you can call me tomorrow and we can discuss the installation in person (unless I'm too hungover from my bday )...
Old 11-09-2003, 12:03 AM
zoasis

Hey guys, I just got back from Nashville. Sorry to hear of the trouble To be honest, I don't know anything about the adjustments of the height on the rear since I didn't personally install or de-install them but I do know it was lowered considerably from the stock height. Something is definitely wrong. Did you take the stock rubber boot out and place the JIC rubber piece in its place? I'm not real sure what could be the problem.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:05 AM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by zoasis
Hey guys, I just got back from Nashville. Sorry to hear of the trouble To be honest, I don't know anything about the adjustments of the height on the rear since I didn't personally install or de-install them but I do know it was lowered considerably from the stock height. Something is definitely wrong. Did you take the stock rubber boot out and place the JIC rubber piece in its place? I'm not real sure what could be the problem.
See, I thought about taking out the stock rubber boot (which would def. bring the car down). Though then the spring is just in there, and the JIC boot would be susceptible to slipping out if that spring was unloaded in a turn. We had it that way, didn't care for the way it looked.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:06 AM
PhoenixINX

Originally posted by John
Chris, sorry I wasn't around to receive your question earlier. Did you adjust the shock sleeve height? I can't imagine that Craig would have changed the settings when he uninstalled it. If you want, you can call me tomorrow and we can discuss the installation in person (unless I'm too hungover from my bday )...
Dannnnnng bday party, and I wasn't invited?

How young does that make you?

PM me ur # or hop on AIM, I'm there now...
Old 11-09-2003, 11:45 AM
John

Per our conversation, you need to toss out the OEM upper mounts in the rear (unless you have the progressive setup). Let me know how everything goes tomorrow...
Old 01-01-2008, 01:56 PM
n1cK!
Infiltrator!

i will be doing this soon. are there any other problems or suggestions?
Old 01-02-2008, 09:17 AM
HR Autoparts
Sponsor
HR Autoparts

Originally Posted by PhoenixINX
See, I thought about taking out the stock rubber boot (which would def. bring the car down). Though then the spring is just in there, and the JIC boot would be susceptible to slipping out if that spring was unloaded in a turn. We had it that way, didn't care for the way it looked.
thats actually the way JIC's are supposed to be installed, I thought there was something wrong at first as well, but spoke to the owner of jic and he confirmed it. mine has the exact opposite problem, my cars raised as high as it goes in the rear and the car looks slammed still maybe a good 3-4" drop from stock