Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Z Bottom Out Solution?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Sn8keEyez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

instead of totally flaming you like others. I have the same problem you can look here: https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...rs-vs-spl.html The advice Jason gave is very helpful but didnt totally get rid of it. Im lowered 1.5" all around and on larger road deviation(ex:man holes) my SPC a arm hits. I even contacted SPC and they know their A Arms make this issue worse because "they are taller for adjustability" thats why they include a few shock bumpstop spacers (red rings that are about an 1/8" thick). Where Im at now, I have some Delrin spacers coming that I had custom made per advice of a racing suspension company mostly because on my BC Racing coilovers the bump stop will never engage before suspension bottoms out. Im also going to have to tune my suspension because I have even tried going form 10k spring to 12k and it does get better but then ride gets harder. So because im looking for something specific then I guess I get the loving pain of working on my cars suspension till I find a happy medium. Of course there is a point where too low is too low but depending on your height this might be some of your problem.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:02 AM
microsteve40
Know it all

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same issue as well. I'm dumped on Zeal Function Xs coilovers and have SPL A-arms. At this point, since I like my stance, I'm going to just accept it. It only happens on hard bumps, so I just pay extra attention and try to slow down in time, but as you know, it's easier said than done. I'll post back in here if I come up with any good solution...
Old 10-27-2010, 10:08 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Sn8keEyez
instead of totally flaming you like others. I have the same problem you can look here: https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...rs-vs-spl.html The advice Jason gave is very helpful but didnt totally get rid of it. Im lowered 1.5" all around and on larger road deviation(ex:man holes) my SPC a arm hits. I even contacted SPC and they know their A Arms make this issue worse because "they are taller for adjustability" thats why they include a few shock bumpstop spacers (red rings that are about an 1/8" thick). Where Im at now, I have some Delrin spacers coming that I had custom made per advice of a racing suspension company mostly because on my BC Racing coilovers the bump stop will never engage before suspension bottoms out. Im also going to have to tune my suspension because I have even tried going form 10k spring to 12k and it does get better but then ride gets harder. So because im looking for something specific then I guess I get the loving pain of working on my cars suspension till I find a happy medium. Of course there is a point where too low is too low but depending on your height this might be some of your problem.
Originally Posted by microsteve40
I'm having the same issue as well. I'm dumped on Zeal Function Xs coilovers and have SPL A-arms. At this point, since I like my stance, I'm going to just accept it. It only happens on hard bumps, so I just pay extra attention and try to slow down in time, but as you know, it's easier said than done. I'll post back in here if I come up with any good solution...
Exactly! you cant win them all............it is what it is.....deal with it....

-J
Old 10-27-2010, 11:41 AM
betamotorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its just a simple trade-off. When you pick form over function your car drives like crap. When you pick function over form your car looks like crap.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:36 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by betamotorsports
Its just a simple trade-off. When you pick form over function your car drives like crap. When you pick function over form your car looks like crap.
Not going to agree with you there, it is possible to have a great looking car with function. As long as your not part of the hellaflush crowd.