Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

do I need a camber kit??

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 PM
jennkent5454

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do I need a camber kit??

Let me give you the background (as I was told) by the seller. I just bought a '03 350z. the seller says it is lowered 2in, he didn't specify front or rear. He states that he has replaced the control arms which will fix the tire wear problem. The car has new rear tires but the front two need to be replaced because they have severe wear on the inside of the tires. From what I read if you lower it you better put a camber kit on it or the tires will get eaten up as fast as you can put them on. so does all this sound correct? point me in the right direction. Can I add this kit and get it aligned and will be good? its just a daily driver. Front tire size 225/40/18.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1515&viewitem=
Old 07-06-2011, 07:20 PM
512_Z

Originally Posted by jennkent5454
Let me give you the background (as I was told) by the seller. I just bought a '03 350z. the seller says it is lowered 2in, he didn't specify front or rear. He states that he has replaced the control arms which will fix the tire wear problem. The car has new rear tires but the front two need to be replaced because they have severe wear on the inside of the tires. From what I read if you lower it you better put a camber kit on it or the tires will get eaten up as fast as you can put them on. so does all this sound correct? point me in the right direction. Can I add this kit and get it aligned and will be good? its just a daily driver. Front tire size 225/40/18.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1515&viewitem=
to save money just flip your front tires and get an aligment and see the degree angle.... if the degree angle is really off i would suggets to get a camber kit but i dont have any issues with my fronts. just the rears... you should try that out first..
Old 07-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Kulwiec

only if your toe is out of spec would you need a camber kit, a little negative camber is fine but toe will eat tires.
make sure they are legit control arms too and not some bunk ebay *****
Old 07-06-2011, 07:31 PM
mvp2765

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you are dropped 2 inches, i am pretty sure you need to get a rear and front kit. I would not go the ebay route. You get what you pay for. Get some spc rears and spl fronts
Old 07-06-2011, 07:55 PM
drivessidewayz

SPL fronts are WELL worth the money...just make sure you bend the damn pinch weld thingy above them or you're gonna wind up smashing up your shiny new arms (don't ask how I know -.-).

The kit you buy entirely depends on your use; I drift and autox, so I had to go with heavier arms. If you just street drive/show it then you don't *need* SPC or SPL, but I still recommend them.

You said he replaced some components. I say get up under there and take some pics and we can tell you if they've been replaced.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:21 AM
Z33Garage

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz
SPL fronts are WELL worth the money...just make sure you bend the damn pinch weld thingy above them or you're gonna wind up smashing up your shiny new arms (don't ask how I know -.-).

The kit you buy entirely depends on your use; I drift and autox, so I had to go with heavier arms. If you just street drive/show it then you don't *need* SPC or SPL, but I still recommend them.

You said he replaced some components. I say get up under there and take some pics and we can tell you if they've been replaced.
so the part he needs is the rear/front SPL camber links correct?
Old 07-07-2011, 07:20 AM
cubs4worldseris

idk about that ebay, it looks sketcky. you get what you pay for man. I would not recommend skimping out on suspension parts that hold up your car.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Shawz1102

Ive seen people on the forums buy eBay camber arms and said they were fine. If you're worried about it, spend a few couple hundreds bucks for a peace of mind. Or see if there's used ones around.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

Those look a lot like the Megan Racing camber arms. A knock off of a budget-minded product sounds pretty much like a terrible idea...

As far as needing a camber kit, check to see what control arms you have. If the owner said he replaced the control arms, you might already have a camber kit