Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

What spring rates for a ZR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Bullitt5339

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What spring rates for a ZR?

I first must confess that I have a suspension fetish. Every car I own, I immediately must tear into the entire suspension. I have a lot of suspension knowledge with other vehicles, but the Z is a completely different animal to what I'm used to working with.

I am currently ordering and waiting on the complete line of GT Spec braces, along with the a set of H&R swaybars. So the next logical step is coilovers. I've decided to go ahead and do the work required to go with a true coilover in the rear. What I'm not sure about is the spring rates that I want to start off with. Excuse my ignorance, but I'm used to dealing with rates in pounds, not kg's, which it seems most 350Z specific kits are rated in. The car is a daily driver, and I will swap wheels and tires on the weekends and my final goal is to run SSM with this car (still a distant goal, BTW).

So, what would be a good spring rate to start with in the Roadster?

Here's a picture of one of my previous projects. This car doesn't originally come with coils on the strut or coilovers, it's a spring pocket control arm/macpherson strut setup originally, and I converted it to full tubular K-Member, control arms and coilovers.