Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

On track Brake Failure. Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 04:17 PM
kenny9596

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow make's me want to chill out.. i was in the mountains on the north side of L.A. going downhill on a section of road i noticed could smell metal getting hot so after i finished the run i pulled over to check my brakes they were red hot and smoking like crazy so i decided to drive around and cool them off but luckley i haven had any issue with them and that was about two weeks ago... i dont have brembos, oem pads and blank rotors but i still have plenty of pad left and there still worn evenly.. im gonna say im lucky after that one lol
Old 11-17-2011, 12:02 AM
QTB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, you're a lucky man! Time to upgrade to some good hardware my friend. Power is nothing without control.

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but, bleed the brakes often. I do my before every track day and a full system flush at the begining of the year/season. Track worthy pads, are a must. I'm a fan of Carbotechs but there are lots of others out there that you can choose from. Cross drilled rotors are worthless for track days. I started to get cracks on a set of 14" stop techs in about 5 laps with street tires .

If you're set on running the oem calipers you can do brake ducting fairly cheap. You probably won't need anything super fancy but just allowing more air over the entire front brakes can do wonders.

If you're not in a hurry to get upgraded hardware I'll have a set of used stop techs availible in March for 03-05 Zs.