Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Scrodes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^ Okay, a bit douchey, but I'll admit, I LOL'd
Old 12-09-2011, 01:28 PM
SE5spd

I don't understand why people are saying stance are good coilovers for racing. lol.
Old 12-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Neimad

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If someone buys something crappy because they couldn't afford something better they'll tend to defend their purchase.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:08 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by 06g35meister
I disagree strongly. I am at 12k/10k springs (probaby part of your problem not doing research on the springrate for your driving style) with 12 clicks in back and 20 in front. The clicks were pronounced and not hard to count (i went from 32 to 20 and from 1 to 12) Overall I am STUNNED at the transformation of my car... I am taking turns significantly faster and there is no noticeable body roll in the car anymore.

My only complaint is that they dont go a BIT lower. I would love to be able to tuck rim in the front.
Significantly faster ? How did you measure this ? Lap times , GPS telemetry system etc etc.

I once had BC coilovers on my car , and i will mention it took me about 5 trackdays of playing with setup and adjusting to get 1.5 seconds faster over a 3.5 mile course. I picked up another second later when i lifted my car up within 15mm of OEM ride height.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:15 PM
SE5spd

Originally Posted by Neimad
If someone buys something crappy because they couldn't afford something better they'll tend to defend their purchase.
The truth! ^^^
Old 12-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Scrodes

I've been defending my fiancee's engagement ring for months now!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:24 PM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SE5spd
I don't understand why people are saying stance are good coilovers for racing. lol.
And I don't understand why you are saying stance are bad coilovers for racing. What basis do you say this on? Have you ever owned stance? I bet I'd make you **** yourself in my z, and I also bet you'd say its one of the best handling cars you've ever been in. I'm not just ranting, I know of at least 4 well known companies, that you've probably bought parts from, that use Stance coilovers for their drift cars/road course cars, when they could be used any other brand...

One of these companies being, THMotorsports, give them a call, let them educate you on how a coilover is built, and why they choose stance.

One company that I want to research more however is Fortune Auto, they seem to offer a really nice coilover for the price...
Old 12-09-2011, 10:35 PM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, something worth noting. I have swift springs with higher spring rates, so maybe thats why my stance suspension handles so good, but I have driven and owned many other coilovers. The coilovers you decide on should also depend on how low you want to be.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 PM
SE5spd

I won't spend $1000+ on stance.

I have a friend that owned stance on his Z, rode in it at a AUTOX, he was also on NT05s, they werent good feeling at all...stance GR+ or something like that.

What track have you done with your coilovers on?
Comparison to what?

All I'm saying is for 1k, 1.2, 1.5 whatever amount you've spent you can buy something much better.

If stance is such a good company with racing why do cars use anything but stance? Why do they use, Koni/penske/moton

Originally Posted by brandon3434
And I don't understand why you are saying stance are bad coilovers for racing. What basis do you say this on? Have you ever owned stance? I bet I'd make you **** yourself in my z, and I also bet you'd say its one of the best handling cars you've ever been in. I'm not just ranting, I know of at least 4 well known companies, that you've probably bought parts from, that use Stance coilovers for their drift cars/road course cars, when they could be used any other brand...

One of these companies being, THMotorsports, give them a call, let them educate you on how a coilover is built, and why they choose stance.

One company that I want to research more however is Fortune Auto, they seem to offer a really nice coilover for the price...
Old 12-09-2011, 10:50 PM
SE5spd

Originally Posted by Neimad
brandon3434; not saying AT ALL this is the case I'm just saying damien post sounds kinda on point with your post. Not saying that's the case.

Oh and I've riden in some fast cars on road courses before so iono about being the fastest car/best handling. Who knows though since we will never find out lol.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Neimad

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Didnt see many race wins on the stance sight...dampers are just part of the right equation to winning anyways right?

Theres alot of very smart people on this site who have invested a lot of time and money figuring what the best functional parts are for our cars. I dont see a reason to ignore them.

Perhaps someday you'll see stance and bc on championship winning wrc, f1 etc. And it will be because they had a superior marketing strategy that brought in enough money to r and d such products. A marketing strategy catering to people who mainly want their **** to look tite, yo and have around $1000.

Also, if everybody bought the good ****, i guess we still pick on the guys that bought whatever was cheaper, people that spend too much money tend to defend their purchases too.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:34 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon3434

One of these companies being, THMotorsports, give them a call, let them educate you on how a coilover is built, and why they choose stance...
So how many times has a Stance car been on the podium in World Challange or Grand Am?

THM runs them for what reason? I know why, I worked on their STi last season at the West coast races.

Just give it up, Stance is for the show pretty waxers, not for performance.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:50 AM
andre81k

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the help guys, I went ahead and got the KW V1s
Old 12-11-2011, 01:30 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like everyone is a race car driver these days.

stance or bc coils, both are comfortable for the street and will give you the ride height you need.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:39 PM
ambushphoto

How do these two compare to others in the same price range like the Apexi N1 EXV? Also saw F2 coils for approx. the same.