Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Noises on ksport pro damper after height adjustment...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 07:12 AM
350zbehold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noises on ksport pro damper after height adjustment...

there were no noises whatsoever before this happen

I adjusted the height on my pro damper coilover on my 06 z , and i loosen the very bottom perch collar of the shock to lower the shock body and i didnt mess with the spring preload perch at all. after that i turn the whole shock body clock-wise to lower the whole body of the shock to desire hieght ,i started on the passenger side first and i did the same damn thing to the rear driver side , and i tighten everything to where it suppose to, after that take it for a test drive and there were loud thudding noises every single time i went over small and most tiniest bump,and it sound like a thudding noise like something is loose on the top of the coils ...and tight. THe only place i havent check is the lock bolt on top of the coils or the two bolt that secure the coils over , in order to do that i have to take the coils out completely , it only happen on the rear driver side , the passenger rear is ok and normal

spoke to ksport this morning and they said , they are very sure that i wont be having a blown shock because if i do , i would have fluid everywhere but no fluid can be seen .
please help thank in advance , hope some other individual have the same problem as me and have already solve it

it prob this reason ? it sound almost like this ... when over bumps is bouncing up and down ..but just more severe......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f08AQH5wxGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by 350zbehold; 12-16-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Big_C

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Double check the top 19mm nut and make sure it is torque'd to 40 ft lbs. They should be tight from the factory but I would double check it just to make sure. The nice thing about the rear true coilover is that it only takes like 30 seconds to pull it out.

I have Ksport Slide Kontrol's in my 07 Z and also had the Kontrol Pro's in my old 03 Z. Never experienced any noises from the coilovers in either car.