Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Wanted to clear up some issues with JIC's....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 05:35 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation Wanted to clear up some issues with JIC's....

This past weekend I installed my FLTA2's with a friend of mine. Before starting I called Paul at Avalon where I got my JIC's to see if he could give me any tips. He transfered me to his suspension guru Aaron. I bought the progressive(soft) rear spring kit. I had questions about the rear spring perch because of other posts I had seen, and whether or not it should sit upside down or on the the bottom of the rear control arm I guess it is(where the spring sits).

Here is how it should go: If you have the linear rear springs then you have to drill 2 holes about 3/8" into that control arm to hold the spring perch in place, in other word the spring perch goes on the bottom for the linear set. If you have the progressive rears like me, the rear install is much easier. Since the JIC progressive rears are the same diameter as the factory springs, you use the factory lower spring mount, place it in the control arm and use the perch on the top facing down. That is how you adjust the height in the rear.

Another thing concerning JIC's...I have heard of people having squeeking issues, and Jeff gave me a little tip for the rear. On my set up, he told me to find an old ruber floor mat or something rubber and place it on top of the spring perch so that it wouldnt rattle, he said JIC's tend to develop a rear squeek, that can easily be eliminated. That being said I have no squeeks as of Saturday, and I couldnt be happier with my set-up, handling is great, the ride is not harsh at all and the car looks sick, I lowered it to have barely 1 finger wheel gap. Many thanks to Paul and Jeff at Avalon Racing they truly are quality people that are willing to help their customers. I must have called jeff like 10 times throughout the install to just double check on things and he was very helpful.

And for anybody setting up their JIC's or Teins in the future, make sure to PRE-LOAD your springs correctly! Jeff also walked me through this set up, if anybody needs help with that let me know and I will share my newfound knowledge.

Last edited by Alberto; 12-31-2003 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-30-2003, 10:56 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad we could help
Old 01-03-2004, 09:30 PM
daddy Z

Default Re: Wanted to clear up some issues with JIC's....

Originally posted by Alberto
Here is how it should go: If you have the linear rear springs then you have to drill 2 holes about 3/8" into that control arm to hold the spring perch in place, in other word the spring perch goes on the bottom for the linear set.

And for anybody setting up their JIC's or Teins in the future, make sure to PRE-LOAD your springs correctly! Jeff also walked me through this set up, if anybody needs help with that let me know and I will share my newfound knowledge.
I have a set of the linear and have no idea how to install them. Can you explain both the pre-load and a pic of your install. Not sure where to drill the two holes you mention.
Old 01-14-2004, 08:06 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Were they procured from us? We provide technical, installation and race support for all our customers.

Regards
Old 01-14-2004, 11:03 AM
daddy Z

Originally posted by Avalon Racing
Were they procured from us? We provide technical, installation and race support for all our customers.

Regards
I wish but no ......