Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Rotorpros Brake Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:46 PM
scmtkings4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok yup ill send pics once they're in. Rich told me that I should expect a tracking number in about 7 days, hopefully it can happen sooner than that.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:46 PM
zswickliffe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scmtkings4
ok yup ill send pics once they're in. Rich told me that I should expect a tracking number in about 7 days, hopefully it can happen sooner than that.

I'll keep you guys posted.
How was customer service? I want to make sure we get some users other than me commenting on service/quality/longevity
Old 08-15-2012, 05:35 AM
scmtkings4

the customer service was fine. Rich seemed like a nice guy, didnt seem to MAKE me buy anything i dont need. Answered my emails fairly quickly too

But my call with him lasted only about 3 minutes and it was a pretty straight forward order so I don't have too much to comment on
Old 08-15-2012, 05:40 AM
scmtkings4

Originally Posted by VQdriver
Looks like a good deal! I installed Centric Premium blank rotors on my sister's old 2.5RS last year. I bought them over the cheaper Ctek ones just out of precaution. I wonder if the premium rotors will tend to last longer, bite with the pad harder and/or be more consistent in terms of balance over the life of the rotor. I do know the premium rotors have a black powder coating to keep the rotor hat looking pretty. However the coating tends to stop just before the pad so you will get a 1 or 2mm line of rust before the hat lol. Anyone else care to chime in? I'll be waiting for more input..
from what I heard, the difference isnt too big. I have read reviews of the Ctek rotors get weaker alot faster (if you track every once in a while)

the spider cracks become pretty evident as well as major grooves. This will happen with all rotors but it might be worse with the Cteks.

I just got the premiums for peace of mind. and $400 for rotors plus brake pads still seemed like a good deal to me
Old 08-16-2012, 01:58 PM
zswickliffe

Alright everyone, sorry it took so long but I finally updated my original post with pictures of my actual rotors. They look great, seriously. Installing them this Saturday and I will make sure to take pics.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:16 AM
scmtkings4

they look good

I dont expect my premium rotors to look much different from that (asides from the powdercoated black hats and the black vanes).

Are those rotors for 06+ Zs? Btw, im still waiting on my order confirmation email
Old 08-17-2012, 06:29 AM
zswickliffe

they look good

I dont expect my premium rotors to look much different from that (asides from the powdercoated black hats and the black vanes).

Are those rotors for 06+ Zs? Btw, im still waiting on my order confirmation email
One downfall to the way they did everything is not having any electronic confirmation. Your invoice is in the box and that's it. So don't expect to get an email with an order number. It's one thing I would reccomend they change. You will get an email with you're shipping number when they ship, however
Old 08-17-2012, 09:07 AM
scmtkings4

ahhh I see, 'thezstore' does that too

Ok then good to know. I'm expecting tracking info by early next week

hey, what shipping service do they size? and does ut require signature?
Old 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM
lemiller

Just saw this thread, did a group buy ever get set up? I'm due for new rotors and pads.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:27 PM
zswickliffe

Originally Posted by lemiller
Just saw this thread, did a group buy ever get set up? I'm due for new rotors and pads.
Nope, not yet. I guess you're first on the list from my350z. I have a buddy with a 'vette and my dad's getting some for his accord coupe v6. So that makes three people including you.

Anyone else want to get in on this?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:22 PM
zswickliffe

ahhh I see, 'thezstore' does that too

Ok then good to know. I'm expecting tracking info by early next week

hey, what shipping service do they size? and does ut require signature?
Sorry just realized I didn't answer your other question - no, my Z is an '05. And for the shipping question, mine were shipped via USPS and didn't need a signature.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:45 AM
end of z world

IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IM IN FOR GROUP BUY i have an o6 with brembos im gonna contact rich today hopefully does he work on saturdays? ill get ahold of him somehow. not sure how i want to handle my braking situation as far as drilledslotted slotted whatnot. read opinions and even for the premium at 400 it is still much less expensive as other researched options, thanks all for the input
Old 08-18-2012, 04:22 PM
zswickliffe

Originally Posted by end of z world
IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IN IM IN FOR GROUP BUY i have an o6 with brembos im gonna contact rich today hopefully does he work on saturdays? ill get ahold of him somehow. not sure how i want to handle my braking situation as far as drilledslotted slotted whatnot. read opinions and even for the premium at 400 it is still much less expensive as other researched options, thanks all for the input
Do you wanna start a group buy thread in the "group buy" section of the marketplace? And I wouldn't do drilled. I've heard a lot of stories of premature cracking with drilled. But that's just me.

Installed the rotors and pads today, still bedding in the pads but everything feels good. I will update this with pictures soon.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:57 PM
end of z world

Originally Posted by zswickliffe
Do you wanna start a group buy thread in the "group buy" section of the marketplace? And I wouldn't do drilled. I've heard a lot of stories of premature cracking with drilled. But that's just me.

Installed the rotors and pads today, still bedding in the pads but everything feels good. I will update this with pictures soon.

I too have heard these tales...I called them shortly after my post with no answer. They called me back about 2 hrs later. Pretty cool id say. Anyways the drilled and slotted were primarily for dd hard usage and cosmetic looks. After talking to who knows I decided on dual slotted. 1 it was my second choice really, liked it a lot, 2 I never see them out in Minnesota so that's a +++. Also I opted for steel braided brake lines, pads and the premium rotors zinc treated.
Quoted for around $400. Not dissatisfied one bit they handled my business accordingly.
I won't be placing my order for a week yet so how do you want to go about this thread

Last edited by end of z world; 08-18-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:14 PM
zswickliffe

Originally Posted by end of z world

I too have heard these tales...I called them shortly after my post with no answer. They called me back about 2 hrs later. Pretty cool id say. Anyways the drilled and slotted were primarily for dd hard usage and cosmetic looks. After talking to who knows I decided on dual slotted. 1 it was my second choice really, liked it a lot, 2 I never see them out in Minnesota so that's a +++. Also I opted for steel braided brake lines, pads and the premium rotors zinc treated.
Quoted for around $400. Not dissatisfied one bit they handled my business accordingly.
I won't be placing my order for a week yet so how do you want to go about this thread
Alright well you should open the thread in the group buy section and when you have a few people just let me know. I have 2 other people looking to buy as well so do you want to say when you get at least 8 buyers then we'll get back together and I'll talk to rich and get the ball rolling?
Old 08-19-2012, 05:36 PM
zswickliffe

Damn. I just realized that the group buy section was only for vendors to post in. My mistake. How about this;

If you would like "in" on a group buy, post a comment here with the following information (only post if you are going to buy FOR SURE)

1) Type of rotor (premium or ctek) and how many (front and/or rear)
2) Design
3) Type of coating/color
4) Type of pads (Centric, EBC, Hawks, etc.) and how many (front and/or rear)
5) Timeframe (when do you need/want to order by)

We'll shoot for 5 people but if there's enough interest, we'll wait for 10.
I will add this information to my OP as well.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Joe Cool

These look pretty, and I know you said they make StopTech, but has anyone tracked these?

Do these require warming for it to bite?

How about dusting?

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2012, 09:14 AM
zswickliffe

Originally Posted by Joe Cool
These look pretty, and I know you said they make StopTech, but has anyone tracked these?

Do these require warming for it to bite?

How about dusting?

Thanks!
I will be providing an in-depth review of their performance (one right after installation and one 5k miles after). I will not be tracking these, however, they may see one or two autocrosses in that time.

Dusting depends on your pad choice. The ceramics I got shouldn't dust at all (or extremely little). So far (mind you I'm still in the process of bedding everything in) the pads I got require a little heat in them to be really bitey. I'm hoping as they bed-in more, they'll get even grippier. But as of right now they're probably right on par with stock braking until they heat up, then they're super grippy.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:07 AM
scmtkings4

just as an update, I have not recieved tracking info yet.

I was told that it would be shipped out by yesterday, or today. So hopefully it will be shipped out today
Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 AM
zswickliffe

just as an update, I have not recieved tracking info yet.

I was told that it would be shipped out by yesterday, or today. So hopefully it will be shipped out today
I would give them a call just to double check.

Quick Reply: Rotorpros Brake Rotors