Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Rotorpros Brake Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Alicia21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I E-mailed him what I needed-Mentioned your name.

Appreciate the post!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:02 PM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Updates?
Old 11-27-2012, 08:13 PM
zswickliffe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Updates?
Sorry about the delayed response - just about to hit 5k miles and I will post up some thoughts/updates on how they've handled the abuse tomorrow. For now, here are a few points;

- Quiet during normal use
- Become very noisy once very hot (pads)
- Zinc coating holding up pretty well. Minimal rust and no flaking
- pads are okay. Not wowed and I don't regret them. Definitely getting a performance pad next time
- Very low dust pads. Almost nonexistent
- pads are awkward once very hot. Grip becomes relatively unpredictable.

TL;DR

Rotors - AWESOME
Pads - mediocre
Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM
TrevorDel

Hey after looking through a TON of vendors and Information I googled and found this. I have an 03 track with the brembos. Im due for pads and rotors, gave Rich a call and he was very knowledgable. Awesome price as well. Quoted me 350 for stoptech pads and rotors. Free shipping as well! Havent ordered yet but he seemed like a nice guy. Ill give updates. I made sure to mention you aswell zack. Thanks!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:47 PM
zswickliffe

Alrighty, I officially updated the second post with my longevity assessment. Feel free to ask me any questions you may have and I'll do my best to answer.

Originally Posted by TrevorDel
Hey after looking through a TON of vendors and Information I googled and found this. I have an 03 track with the brembos. Im due for pads and rotors, gave Rich a call and he was very knowledgable. Awesome price as well. Quoted me 350 for stoptech pads and rotors. Free shipping as well! Havent ordered yet but he seemed like a nice guy. Ill give updates. I made sure to mention you aswell zack. Thanks!
Awesome! Post pics and update us with how everything goes!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
TrevorDel

After a few weeks, i got my pads and rotors! woohoo! Pics will be posted after work, but they look pretty sweet. I have the Stoptech brakes and if you guys want, i can let you know how they feel after 5k.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:37 AM
zswickliffe

Awesome! Can't wait to see. Glad other people are taking advantage of a good deal!
Old 03-17-2013, 09:59 PM
TrevorDel

Hey hey, im back! sorry, ive been really busy with school and work and such. Anyways, i got my rotors and pads on, and they are wonderful! i love them. Look great, and function well. I have a few pics as well, but not super good since i took during installation. for some reason it wont let me upload pics now though. but anyways, they were great. ive put about 3k on em now, and here is what i think.
Rotors: awesome. still looking sharp and smooth.
Pads: pretty nice aswell. i got the stoptechs and they work awesome!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:45 AM
VQdriver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad people like the Stoptech pads! I'm still on Axxis ULT pads and they're working nicely. They seem to be similar to the Stoptech ceramic/kevlar formula. I think Axxis came out way before the 309s. For my next set I may go Stoptech or oem fronts. I'm trying to find that aftermarket brand that's gotten the oem formula perfectly. I'm thinking of looking at Beck Arnley lol.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:04 AM
corsairprime

Smile Rotorpros Rotors and Hawk HPS pads

I just wanted to relay my long term assessment of the Rotorpros rotors and Hawk HPS pads I put on my '06 350Z Enthusiast edition. Since installation at 58k miles the combination has been phenomenal. I purchased the black anodized slotted rotors all around as well as the Hawk HPS pads for each corner. Performance wise, breakin/bedin was smooth. No noise really ever since running this combo on the car. I have a track session at TWS in College Station on these pads and rotors. At this point I would do this combo again in a heartbeat. Great for normal street driving and the occasional track day. I currently have over 106k on the odo. At initial install I also installed the braided stainless lines all around for better brake peromance and feel.

Bottom Line: 3+ years later I still have at least half the pads left on all four corners. One curious thing, the left rear rotor is wearing unevenly (tapering ever so slightly torwards the outside edge). But no matter, brakes still feel good.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 PM
TrevorDel

Ive been wondering about the Hawks! I was going to go with either the HPs, or the EBC Redstuff, because ive heard awesome things about both. But i heard Hawks squeak like a ****, so i went with stoptechs. Ill be sure to give the Hawks a chance next time.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:16 PM
TrevorDel

And yes, i would totally recommend the stoptechs. They work nicely, and in the cold as well. Not super bitey, but when i wanna stop, i stop.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:16 AM
Nuked

Rich is the only person I order my pads and rotors from. Been purchasing from him since 2007. I was one of the Evo owners that tried him out back in the day, and have been a loyal customer since. One thing I have noticed, shipping/turnaround is a little slower these days. I am kind of thinking business has increased a lot more, as I see him mentioned on many forums now, and just has a lot more workload. Soon as the Z is due for new stuff, he is definitely whom I am calling.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:18 AM
zswickliffe

Originally Posted by Nuked
Rich is the only person I order my pads and rotors from. Been purchasing from him since 2007. I was one of the Evo owners that tried him out back in the day, and have been a loyal customer since. One thing I have noticed, shipping/turnaround is a little slower these days. I am kind of thinking business has increased a lot more, as I see him mentioned on many forums now, and just has a lot more workload. Soon as the Z is due for new stuff, he is definitely whom I am calling.
Yeah he's definitely a great guy! Glad to see more good reviews coming in. The turn around time is worth it considering the great price and quality service.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:06 AM
Nuked

Originally Posted by zswickliffe
Yeah he's definitely a great guy! Glad to see more good reviews coming in. The turn around time is worth it considering the great price and quality service.
I agree. I never really considered doing brakes/rotors a job that I needed the parts right away. Like you said, the price savings vs most other options is certainly worth the extra wait time. For my Cobra, Hawk HPS pads and slotted/dimpled rotors front and rear with shipping came to a little over 200 dollars. You can't beat that pricing.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:22 PM
zswickliffe

Hey guys - looks like I'm ordering another set of pads to use just for the track/tail of the dragon at ZdayZ this may. Of course I gave Rich a call and he was more than helpful, getting a quote for me for both the StopTech and Hawk performance pads. I'll let you guys know the price and after my trip from Florida to North Carolina and back to Florida, I'll let you all know what I think of the pads.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:39 PM
man03999

Hey zswickliffe can you ask Rich how much it would be for 4 (front and rear) double slotted rotors only for brembo brakes? I do not need pads and how much of a difference between regular and premium rotors? Figured I would ask you first instead of calling them and explaining the deals. Thanks alot!
Old 08-30-2013, 07:29 AM
zswickliffe

Hey guys! Just wanted to bump this to the top and let you guys know these guys are once again helping me with some more stuff.

man03999 - you should call them, they're great and they'll help you with anything you need.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Calidank223

Just placed my order for four double slotted rotors!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:00 PM
zswickliffe

Good stuff! I just ordered a set of hawk hp+ pads for my track time with the NISMO Performance Academy.

Quick Reply: Rotorpros Brake Rotors