Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Bc vs D2 Coilovers opinion

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 AM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RENFRO
Gotta pay to play. Don't get mad when your "junk that all the people are satisfied with" fails on you. It may fail on a track, or it may fail after 50k miles. Either way you'll pay to fix it. A quality coilover that has a lifetime warranty is well worth it.
50k? I don't even WANT coils to run for 50k. I put 700-1000miles a year on my car. These will be lucky to see 10k. And anything over 5k, I got my money's worth.
Fix? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What am I? French? I'm not FIXING budget coilovers. I'm buying new ones. I didn't FIX my BCR's. I sold'em (full disclosure on the knock that got annoying). I'll probably sell these this fall and grab some Stance GR+. Not cuz there's something wrong. That's just how I get down. Those are budgets with a lifetime warranty. BCR has a warranty. D2 has a warranty as well. I just go through wheels/suspension/cars. So, that type of crap is irrelevant to me. I'll probably keep this car for quite some time but I'll never stop being a wheel/suspension/exhaust/motor *****. Everything needs a refresh every now and then. MURICA!!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:01 AM
stuartc323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by driftsucky
50k? I don't even WANT coils to run for 50k. I put 700-1000miles a year on my car. These will be lucky to see 10k. And anything over 5k, I got my money's worth.
Fix? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What am I? French? I'm not FIXING budget coilovers. I'm buying new ones. I didn't FIX my BCR's. I sold'em (full disclosure on the knock that got annoying). I'll probably sell these this fall and grab some Stance GR+. Not cuz there's something wrong. That's just how I get down. Those are budgets with a lifetime warranty. BCR has a warranty. D2 has a warranty as well. I just go through wheels/suspension/cars. So, that type of crap is irrelevant to me. I'll probably keep this car for quite some time but I'll never stop being a wheel/suspension/exhaust/motor *****. Everything needs a refresh every now and then. MURICA!!

IF your such a suspension *****, why do you buy terrible *** coilovers?
Old 08-02-2013, 01:02 PM
rkd350z

both crap, get stance coilovers.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:12 PM
X.et

Originally Posted by rkd350z
LOL so much better..

OP you don't want actually good coilovers, go ahead and buy cheap coilovers. I've run them and I regret buying that trash, like all the other naive fools on here with those kinds of coils, I thought my car handled well because it felt super stiff and solid. In reality, it just gives you a harsh ride and false sense of handling that all the "satisfied" owners experience, without really knowing how they were better off with a stock setup.

But it's your car, make believe that the cheap coils are good if you want to and just go with the whole low 'n slow style and you car will handle so poorly it won't even matter.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:40 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by rkd350z

lolwut
Old 08-02-2013, 02:46 PM
stuartc323

Originally Posted by x.et
lol so much better..

Op you don't want actually good coilovers, go ahead and buy cheap coilovers. I've run them and i regret buying that trash, like all the other naive fools on here with those kinds of coils, i thought my car handled well because it felt super stiff and solid. In reality, it just gives you a harsh ride and false sense of handling that all the "satisfied" owners experience, without really knowing how they were better off with a stock setup.

But it's your car, make believe that the cheap coils are good if you want to and just go with the whole low 'n slow style and you car will handle so poorly it won't even matter.

omg qft ^
Old 08-03-2013, 06:18 AM
driftsucky

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by stuartc323
IF your such a suspension *****, why do you buy terrible *** coilovers?
Because terrible *** coilovers get me low. I meant to mention this earlier but I kinda ignored it and hoped it went away, but what is this nonsense you keep saying about "illusion of performance" cuz of blah blah blah...stop assuming ****. lol. Nobody has any illusions of anything. I know what I'm buying. I know what I want them to do. I want to slam my car to a completely unfunctional height because I like what that ride height looks like. I like to slide my car around a corner from time to time. Not because I think it's the fastest way around it, but because it is fun to me. End of story. The last car I setup for "performance" was in the early 2000's and it was FWD. I GUESS you could've considered my Z setup for performance, but I honestly bought it that way and changed very little.

As it sits now, my car came with enough performance and I didn't loose much (read none) for what I do with my car. I HARDLY drive fast and the only car I've ever slid with up here that blew me out performance wise was a fully tracked R32 out of Canada.

Now, at some point, I may spring for something a bit more performance oriented because after my swap is done, it will be physically impossible for me to ride as low as I am. But, until then, I'm happy with what I do. And you should be to. Not for nothing, you got good info and all. Just stop assuming I have delusions of grandeur based on what I prefer to do with my car. lol
Old 08-03-2013, 02:27 PM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought the BC BR coilovers and honestly, after a few months of riding on them Im ready to upgrade, just don't what to upgrade too. I wish I had listened to those who told me to stay clear of BC or cheap coilovers. Don't make the same mistake as I did, save up for the better quality.