Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Best endlinks - Whiteline or Powergrid???

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 08:13 AM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Powergrid, they have a rubber boot on them, mine (front and rear) have been trouble free for 2+ years now in the northeast daily driving....nuff said. Never used Whiteline endlinks. SPL is overpriced garbage; will deteriorate/possibly rust/make noise/etc...a lot of ppl are learning that slowly and painfully
Old 03-18-2014, 06:43 PM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by ian99rt
I purchased my Hotchkis bars used with SPL endlinks, reportedly with 10k miles on them. The SPL links had corrosion on the heim joint bearing surfaces and had definite resistance spots in motion. I would assume squeaking is a guarantee.

I resold them with a good warning to the purchaser and bought the Powergrid units (2.5 years ago). My only complaint is that they do not get short enough get the sway bars perfectly parallel with the ground.

Zero noise or loosening hardware after 20k miles, 3 different sway bar setting changes, and multiple auto X events.

Speaking of, I'm going to go one step stiffer on both front and rear this weekend
Just curious, what settings (holes) are you going to go with F+R? I've been thinking about going one step stiffer on the Hotchkis/Powergrids myself.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:34 AM
Miggz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PowerGrid have been on my ride since 09, used the earlier version of the Whiteline endlinks before (more for track then street as they tend to have more NVH and loosen over a short period of time). The Whitlines did have more "feel" then the Powergrid.

If going with Whiteline, have some Locktite handy and good luck getting it removed afterwards...
Old 03-22-2014, 04:24 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Just curious, what settings (holes) are you going to go with F+R? I've been thinking about going one step stiffer on the Hotchkis/Powergrids myself.
Full soft rear, and staggered up front hole 2 and hole 3 .
Old 03-22-2014, 04:49 PM
BigBlue

Received 186 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Full soft rear, and staggered up front hole 2 and hole 3 .
I am set at #2 of 3 in rear, #2 of 4 in front. Do you think I'm ok with the stiffer than stock in rears? I think "softest" with Hotchkis is still stiffer than stock. Would you recommend me going to 3 in fronts or just stay at 2 since the car is basically a DD that likes to perform also (it's the car's fault not mine of course)? Thanks

*she feels nice 'n tight (we all like that 'ehh?) and I have stiff coils that are now set at 6 out of 10 fronts, 2 out of 10 rears and the combo of the sways/bilsteins keeps the tires planted well at speed on canyon curves, high speed curve bumps, etc. Was an obvious improvement that I noticed soon after install 2+ yrs. ago.

Last edited by BigBlue; 03-22-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:26 AM
Ser_Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I just installed AMS Endlinks F/R with Hotchkis sway bars 1st hole Front 2nd Hole Rear not hearing clunking sounds and there beefy compared to stock and well made(Pic in my build thread). I'm sure they will hold togeather well as they have been.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:18 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlue
I am set at #2 of 3 in rear, #2 of 4 in front. Do you think I'm ok with the stiffer than stock in rears? I think "softest" with Hotchkis is still stiffer than stock. Would you recommend me going to 3 in fronts or just stay at 2 since the car is basically a DD that likes to perform also (it's the car's fault not mine of course)? Thanks

*she feels nice 'n tight (we all like that 'ehh?) and I have stiff coils that are now set at 6 out of 10 fronts, 2 out of 10 rears and the combo of the sways/bilsteins keeps the tires planted well at speed on canyon curves, high speed curve bumps, etc. Was an obvious improvement that I noticed soon after install 2+ yrs. ago.
Full soft rear is 80% stiffer than stock! the fastest settings are as soft as you can be while getting the job done. I also use my springs for roll control, and sway bars to balance the chassis.
The following users liked this post:
superlim9 (09-17-2016)
Old 03-31-2014, 10:57 PM
K51

Just an update since I started this discussion. Powergrids are in place and they're perfect. Not a squeak or groan over the speedbumps in my work parking garage, and they were a snap to install. Too bad I missed the brand new set of rear links for sale in the classifieds for $100, but even at full $$$, I'm glad I got them. Thanks for all the shared advice in this thread.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:02 AM
92K1500

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you K51. I just emailed the OP of that listing to snag the last set of rears he had.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:12 PM
mvp2765

Originally Posted by ian99rt
I purchased my Hotchkis bars used with SPL endlinks, reportedly with 10k miles on them. The SPL links had corrosion on the heim joint bearing surfaces and had definite resistance spots in motion. I would assume squeaking is a guarantee.

I resold them with a good warning to the purchaser and bought the Powergrid units (2.5 years ago). My only complaint is that they do not get short enough get the sway bars perfectly parallel with the ground.

Zero noise or loosening hardware after 20k miles, 3 different sway bar setting changes, and multiple auto X events.

Speaking of, I'm going to go one step stiffer on both front and rear this weekend
There actualy was no warning from you when you sold me your SPL's. I have the convo as proof. I did clean up your surface rust tho.. If you take care of the SPL's they are pretty solid endlinks. No issues or complains here!