Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brembo Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 02:18 PM
pr_350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Brembo Brake Pads

Hello

I was wondering if the 350z with OEM brembo calipers bring Brembo brake Pads from the factory?. And I cant seem to find the Brembo brake pads for the front calipers, only found the rear. Can they be mismatched? will it affect the ride? and what would be the best option for the front pads(or complete set for front and rear, instead of using Brembo pads) since I cant find the Brembo pads version. My 350z is an 2004, and its daily driven.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:56 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 3,302 Likes on 2,350 Posts

Originally Posted by pr_350z
Hello

I was wondering if the 350z with OEM brembo calipers bring Brembo brake Pads from the factory?. And I cant seem to find the Brembo brake pads for the front calipers, only found the rear. Can they be mismatched? will it affect the ride? and what would be the best option for the front pads(or complete set for front and rear, instead of using Brembo pads) since I cant find the Brembo pads version. My 350z is an 2004, and its daily driven.
You do NOT need to use Brembo BRANDED pads; just pads specific to the Brembo calipers/rotors (versus non-Track version standard brake calipers)

Generally speaking, you can just do the fronts OR rears AS NEEDED but.... I would suggest not mixing compounds of brake pads, that is, really strong (or conversely, weaker) pads between front and rear.

It's best suggestion to do all four with same/similar compounds (might as well get F&R same brand/type, e.g., EBC Red F&R). Worst case is you at least KNOW what you have all the way around.

As far as recommendations, well, there's about as many opinions on brand/types as there are forum members here. If you go with the most recommended pads (Hawk HPS, Ferodo DS, EBC Red, etc) for street use, you should be OK.

Mic
Old 06-10-2015, 03:02 PM
pr_350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for clearing things out, appreciate the recommendations!