Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Toe bolt help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Battleship350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Toe bolt help!

Hi I'm just getting my suspension set and though I'm not a complete noob I'm fairly new to it. I have been searching the past few days for the answer to my question but haven't been successful and need a answer now as my coilovers are arriving soon, so please don't flame me I have read many threads on toe bolts.

My fortune auto series 500 coilovers (oem style) are shipping right now and I'm ordering the rest of pieces for suspension well I actually don't have money for camber arms at the moment so my main concern is to get the toe back to proper specs. I thought I knew everything I needed to get the toe in spec and I was about to order a pair of SPC toe bolts from z1motorsports but was caught off guard with a weird note on their page. https://www.z1motorsports.com/suspen...35-p-4637.html

So I see these are "camber cam bolts" so i take it they are for aftermarket camber arms because it mentions it can adjust camber +/- 3 degrees but also toe 3 degrees.
Than their note. "Note: Two kits are required to complete installation if you are using stock arms. (Camber arm and spring perch location)"

The quote confuses me because if I get 4 bolts would any go into the spring bucket toe adjustment area? or all towards the stock camber arm?

SO my questions...
1. If i get 1 pair of these "SPC Camber cam bolts" will I be able to use them as the normal spc TOE bolt and elongate the stock toe hole and install as the normal spc toe bolt?
2. If i got 2 pairs (4 bolts) Would I also be able to adjust camber by 3 degrees if I elongate the stock camber arm bolt hole as I would do to toe hole? So one bolt used on camber arm other used on spring bucket? or would my camber not be effected unless I get aftermarket arms?

I hope this all made sense and remember I have OEM type coils so I must keep spring bucket and I don't have money for aftermarket camber arms at the moment. However if you know any inexpensive quality camber arms feel free to let me know. The cheapest I have found are the SPC ones at $70 each (I also found Ichiba's rear camber arms for $110 for pair but heard these were trash and am trying to get high quality) SPL is on my list for front A-arms and rear arms but too pricey atm.
Thank you.