Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Red Nissan Shock/Strut. Info?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 10:43 AM
13esim

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Red Nissan Shock/Strut. Info?

A friend of mine acquired red shocks that are stamped Nissan that came off of a G35. I am confused on what they are, some sources show that G35 sport shocks are black with a red sticker, then some ads I found have these red shocks listed as Sport Shocks made by Tokico.

Good picture here: http://g35driver.com/forums/archived...ion-140-a.html

My main question is if any has experience with them on a 350Z. I wonder if the handling is better than OEM 06+ shocks and struts
Old 12-09-2016, 01:37 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by 13esim
A friend of mine acquired red shocks that are stamped Nissan that came off of a G35. I am confused on what they are, some sources show that G35 sport shocks are black with a red sticker, then some ads I found have these red shocks listed as Sport Shocks made by Tokico.

Good picture here: http://g35driver.com/forums/archived...ion-140-a.html

My main question is if any has experience with them on a 350Z. I wonder if the handling is better than OEM 06+ shocks and struts
Short answer is that all early G35 COUPE and G35 sedan WITH SPORT PACKAGE share common shocks. And yes, they're OEM by Tokico (as are ALL stock/OEM Z33 shocks) and they're indeed red.

Are they better handling than the updated Z33 shocks? Doubt it (but don't know for sure, no hands-on). The early Z/G (pre-2004.5) weren't particularly known for having good shocks AND the early G cars shared similar valving with the Z.