Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Street coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 12:31 AM
Xrabbix

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Street coilovers

Looking at getting a set of coilovers. I run my car on the street only. Basically weekend car.

I am running rpm1 18x9.5 / 18x10.5 and tire sizes 255/18/40 front 275/18/40 rear if that matters.

I'm not looking for an ultra drop, maybe an inch? Just enough for my wheels/tires to fill in nice.

Iwas looking at the bc true coilovers but I hear mixed things (quality control with the springs being uneven)

Whats a good complete coilovers package (prefer true coilovers) for a dude just looking to run street only with enough drop to make my RPF1s look sexy without an extreme drop.

​​​​​​Basically my cars stock suspension is toast and it's time to replace it all, might as well go coilovers. My budget is $2000

​​​​​​
Was looking @ Bilstein pss10 as well.

Also any other bushings I should be replacing while in at it aka preventive maintenance? (Already doing the diff bushing)

Old 09-29-2017, 04:52 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

I have stance. Happy so far. Check them out .
Old 09-29-2017, 07:13 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by Xrabbix
Looking at getting a set of coilovers. I run my car on the street only. Basically weekend car.

might as well go coilovers. My budget is $2000

Also any other bushings I should be replacing while in at it aka preventive maintenance? (Already doing the diff bushing)

[/left]
Why?

If you are a street runner and do not need the height adjustment and 28,000 jounce/rebound adjustments for track suitability, why coilovers?

I'd go high end static and use money saved for a set of sway bars.

Y'know, stuff that works to actually improve handling coupled with reasonable ride comfort.

Note: good coilovers will help do that but at the expense of ride and offer only a "small amount" of roll stiffness adjustment needed vis a vis sway bars. Note the word "good", next to "coilovers". The Stance units aren't bad (had them on a different car as purchased) but they were the most horribly stiff riding shocks/springs I've EVER had - even with all pre-load taken out and set to full-soft. Again, it's about how you use the car. My original race car had a better riding suspension with Dat Comp springs and Konis Series D for perspective.

Just IMO.....

Last edited by MicVelo; 09-29-2017 at 07:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
dkmura (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 01:31 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

KW v2 if you want damper adjustment , V1 if not.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:04 PM
ottacat

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Or ST XTA coilovers which are made by KW and are essentially V2's without the inox-line stainless steel. They aren't "true coilovers" as you indicated in your original post but I've yet to see a compelling argument for true coilovers vs. those that use the OEM spring buckets for the rear springs.

These, the KW's and the Bilsteins all use progressive springs which are much friendlier for street use and yet still perform well on the track.

Last edited by ottacat; 09-29-2017 at 02:06 PM.