Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 6 piston clear LMGT4?

Old 07-13-2018, 07:44 AM
SpartaEvolution

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo View Post

Maybe these would meet the needs?

A sliding caliper, with a plastic cover, mounted on a composite disc.

Ow.... my sensibilities.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:09 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,019 Likes on 1,454 Posts

Originally Posted by SpartaEvolution View Post
A sliding caliper, with a plastic cover, mounted on a composite disc.

Ow.... my sensibilities.
But, but, butt, they LOOK so nice and they're aero!!

Old 07-18-2018, 12:24 PM
savedbygrace

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JMII View Post
Reman Akebonos can be had at that price. You just need to paint them unless your good with unfinished aluminum.

Pad selection seems fine for Akebonos. I've run EBC Yellow, Blue, Hawk HPS and Carbotech.
Thanks for posting that info, and am feeling like an idiot here but my ego knows better thankfully....but what model number of pads fit Akebonos regarding EBC Yellow and Carbotech? I've searched Amazon and eBay (and the net in general) but apparently not hard enough.

Not a hold my hand kinda guy...but if you could link me I'd really appreciate it as I don't have as much free time currently as I have in the past.

Torn on which way to go, but would love to know where to buy Yellow Stuff for the Akebonos at a good price, (and carbotech of course since experimenting never ends)

Thanks,

Saved

Last edited by savedbygrace; 07-18-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:31 PM
savedbygrace

I find this all academic. In MY (ever so humble, ahem) OPINION...

On my non-Z, I have 8 piston, 4-pads/caliper forged front calipers and 380mm rotors that have a bling name on them. Interestingly enough, have never given the look of them a second thought. They work like tossing anchors out each side window and that's all I need.

Conversely, I feel exactly the same way about my OE non-Brembos on the Z. I never even look at them. They work for how I drive.

Maybe these would meet the needs?

I know....

Chill out, I'm just kiddin' around.
You're good Mic...of course you'll have your opinion and I'll have mine, and in many ways I agree with you but l do look at my wheels and want a beautiful setup that isn't ricey or pricey or functionally dicey.

But...not to argue...we all want our cars to look good to some degree, starting with the body shape and paint color...or we'd all be driving turbocharged ugly cars (if the fun was all about performance with no regard for the looks)...for me, since it only takes a little bit of extra effort and I appreciate visual designs a lot, I want the wheels to look good per my tastes.

On that note, I will trade you four boat anchors for your four big brakes on your BMW so I can trade the Beemer bbk for some 350z stuff...or just give me your Beemer and I'll give you a high performance ugly car.

Saved

Old 07-19-2018, 07:27 AM
rancor

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by savedbygrace View Post
Thanks for posting that info, and am feeling like an idiot here but my ego knows better thankfully....but what model number of pads fit Akebonos regarding EBC Yellow and Carbotech? I've searched Amazon and eBay (and the net in general) but apparently not hard enough.

Not a hold my hand kinda guy...but if you could link me I'd really appreciate it as I don't have as much free time currently as I have in the past.

Torn on which way to go, but would love to know where to buy Yellow Stuff for the Akebonos at a good price, (and carbotech of course since experimenting never ends)

Thanks,

Saved
Don't forget to just go to the source to look up part numbers.

EBC Yellow Stuff -
Front DP41823R Front DP41823R
Rear DP41824R Rear DP41824R

Carbotech - Front CT1346, Rear CT1347
G-Loc (same as Carbotech) - Front GP1346, Rear GP1347

For Carbotech or G-Loc I think just calling and ordering direct probably is the best option but I might be wrong.
Old 07-19-2018, 04:11 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,019 Likes on 1,454 Posts

Originally Posted by savedbygrace View Post
You're good Mic...of course you'll have your opinion and I'll have mine, and in many ways I agree with you but l do look at my wheels and want a beautiful setup that isn't ricey or pricey or functionally dicey.

But...not to argue...we all want our cars to look good to some degree, starting with the body shape and paint color...or we'd all be driving turbocharged ugly cars (if the fun was all about performance with no regard for the looks)...for me, since it only takes a little bit of extra effort and I appreciate visual designs a lot, I want the wheels to look good per my tastes.

On that note, I will trade you four boat anchors for your four big brakes on your BMW so I can trade the Beemer bbk for some 350z stuff...or just give me your Beemer and I'll give you a high performance ugly car.

Saved
Oh, I get it. Despite my not caring as much about aesthetics on something like brakes, I understand the need to have a clean look. My perspective just has reversed priorities. 1. Function - how well they work... and 2. If they look good, great. If they don't, oh well. I'm just confident that when I need to scrub speed for setting up for next turn, DONE.

This comes from my "just don't care what others think" attitude. (If someone wants to think my car looks bad, their problem, not mine. I'm a confident person. ) As far as my personal cars, it IS all about me. Hahahaha.

Old 07-26-2018, 11:47 AM
savedbygrace

Oh, I get it. Despite my not caring as much about aesthetics on something like brakes, I understand the need to have a clean look. My perspective just has reversed priorities. 1. Function - how well they work... and 2. If they look good, great. If they don't, oh well. I'm just confident that when I need to scrub speed for setting up for next turn, DONE.

This comes from my "just don't care what others think" attitude. (If someone wants to think my car looks bad, their problem, not mine. I'm a confident person. ) As far as my personal cars, it IS all about me. Hahahaha.
My compliments to your attitude. Totally agree.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:24 AM
Desert Z

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

If you are hell bent on upgrading beyond what the oem Brembos have to offer try the SRT8 calipers. Those are known to work well with the Z33 with just a bracket. But unless people have tried your particular combination of brakes and wheels you won't find a definitive answer.