Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Help with brake bleeding, two year of a nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 11:04 PM
Christian_1998

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help with brake bleeding, two year of a nightmare

Hi guys,

it's a bit of a long story but I want you to know everything.
it's almost two years that I have issues with brakes, everything started in April 2021, I don't use the car during the winter and after i took it back the brake pedal was soft af and the car had almost no braking power.
after a few push it was a bit better but i decided to change the front rotors and pads because they were a bit worn out.
Pedal was still not good so i decided to bleed with the two person method, still no better feeling.
so i though maybe it was something to do with the brake lines and i decided to change them with some Goodridge braided lines. I bleeded again with the two person method and it was a bit better feeling on the pedal.
now comes the nightmare part:
after that bleeding i let the car on the four stand jack because it was late, the morning after i go inside the car and tried to push the brake pedal to check again the feeling aaaand down to the floor!
I go out and i saw the fluid reservoir empty and i noticed the fluid was leeking from one of the lines that i didn't torque correcty.
i tried to bleed but nothing, pedal to the floor, so i drived to the closest nissan garage (my luck that is very close) with only the handbrake for stopping.
they bleeded with the pressure tool that they have and now the brake pedal was not so bad.
2022 after the winter i take the car and the pedal was not good, i decided to change the brake master cylinder, bleeded again with the two person method and it was decent feeling, but nothing good as when I bought the car.
a few weeks ago I decided to rebuild the calipers by changing all the dust boot and the inside ring of the caliper's pistons, I have also bought a Motive pressure bleeder for the occasion.
After the rebuild I put the power bleeder at work and i saw a lot of air coming out from the front calipers but on the rear ones there's a a few inches of the tube with brake fluid and nothing else, it seems that is not flowing out.
so for the rear ones i decided to bleed also with the two person method and in this method the fluid is coming out.
after that the pedal is still a **** and i noticed that the pads are not making contact with the rotors, so it seems like there's no pressure coming to the rear calipers.
NOW i found out this post https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ed-brakes.html
I ordered the Foxwell tool and I'm waiting for it to come and try to bleed the ABS system, but the thing that with the power bleeder i can barely get fluid out off the rear calipers is making me doubt that this is the problem.
- the pressure of the bleeder was at 15 PSI
- i have Brembo brakes
- Yes i bleeded the inner and the outer valve for every calipers

i let you know after trying to bleed the ABS if things go better but if anyone has something to suggest me in the meantime, it would be much appreciated. I really don't know what else to do if this is not working, the only thing that i have not changed is the ABS unit...
Old 08-04-2023, 05:24 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

You HAVE to bleed the abs with the tool. If you think the line is clogged you can take the line off in the front and the back and blow some compressed air through it, I clogged a line once changing my lines from dragging the line on the bottom of my dirty car and blowing air through it cleaned it up
Old 08-04-2023, 05:29 AM
Christian_1998

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
You HAVE to bleed the abs with the tool. If you think the line is clogged you can take the line off in the front and the back and blow some compressed air through it, I clogged a line once changing my lines from dragging the line on the bottom of my dirty car and blowing air through it cleaned it up
Thanks for the reply, i don't think the line is clogged because if i push the pedal the fluid is coming out, but is barely doing that with the motive bleeder, so maybe 15 PSI isn't enough for it to reach the rear calipers.
Also when I took out the rear calipers to rebuild them, i had to put a cap on the line or the fluid was coming out.
Old 08-04-2023, 08:21 AM
iideadeyeii

Wait until you get the foxwell, I have the same scanner and it works great
Old 08-21-2023, 12:46 AM
Christian_1998

Wait until you get the foxwell, I have the same scanner and it works great
Okay, I got the Foxwell and now it's more confusing than before... I cycled each abs solenoid a few times and I am always getting out air of the calipers!
I flused almost 7 liters only on the outer valve of RL caliper and there's still air in the liquid, and it's the same for every caliper, i'm starting to think that the ABS unit ha some leak but it's strange because the liquid reservoir is always full so i'm not leaking oil.

Old 08-21-2023, 05:40 AM
GreyZ

Received 171 Likes on 128 Posts

That is very interesting. Sometimes the bleeder screw can allow bubbles like that to show when bleeding. I don't have more constructive help though at the moment.
Old 08-21-2023, 08:13 AM
iideadeyeii

You bleed the abs unit then you bleed the brakes normally.
I had to cycle my foxwell a bunch of times to get all the air out. You do not do them all at the same time. It tells you which ones to open
Old 08-21-2023, 08:31 AM
Christian_1998

You bleed the abs unit then you bleed the brakes normally.
I had to cycle my foxwell a bunch of times to get all the air out. You do not do them all at the same time. It tells you which ones to open
yes it's what I have done, I have done, starting from the RL caliper I have attached the power bleeder at 15 psi and then I cylced the caliper solenoid like 5-6 times and the same for the other caliper. but I still have air coming out.
maybe I'm doing something wrong to cycle the solenoid, can you please tell me the exact path to do that on the foxwell tool?
anyway I ear the abs unit run during that so i think it's correct.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:29 AM
iideadeyeii

I didn't use a power bleeder. The foxwell I have also does 2 calipers at the same time