Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Bilstein/Nissan jdm Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 10:34 AM
adanande

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein/Nissan jdm Suspension

Hi guys. I was wondering if enyone knew about the japanese sport nissan bilstein commisioned suspension for our cars. These state of the art auto dampening bilstein shocks come with matched springs and adjustable perch for limited ride height adjustment and also are available with tuned front and rear swaybars all of which were develped by bilstein and tested for nissan ala evo mr style. I don;t know about you but this excites me a little considering i have to get new suspension soon or else my car is going to fall apart. I just wanted more feed back. Sorry if it sounds like i'm selling something i just got excited because bilstein is the leader in suspension technology and and they have nissan part numbers so they will not void the warrany as long as a nissan tech installs them. They are monotube shocks that adjust dampening per the road conditions at a very high rate. I don;t know if they are a agressive as the nismo because they are deemed as "sport suspension" peices. The kit comes with a rear sway bar and front sway bar and bushings come separately. i guess the reason it comes with this sway bar mandatory is to correct understeer withour sacrifcing shock stiffeness balance, they just bias the rear sway to stiffen the rear to make it "liven up" predictably i hope not like now where the tail sneeks up on your blind spot you after the turn is freakin over,. Understeer understeer understeer (muscle memory sets in and correction of understeer becomes the normal steerend procedure in long turns untill you forget how to drive a normal car) understeer understeer then ahhh.. no! wooo! damn it Counter counter CounTER! Ok STRAIGHTEN! nO!!!! too late fishee keep swimming.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:42 AM
adanande

Default Bilstein/ Nissan suspension pictures

picture of bilsteins
Attached Thumbnails Bilstein/Nissan jdm Suspension-001.jpg  
Old 05-26-2004, 11:09 AM
adanande

Chirp...Chirp.... Ooh oh ohoh ahahahah .... the sounds of the jungle and nobody caring i love it. hahah
ANDY YOUR CRAZY.THats me! how the heck do you get to put pictures up under each post and pictures in the margin?
i think i am not fully registered please help Mike Wazaouski wave your magiv wand and fix me.hehe
Old 05-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Road Warrior

you are losing it my man...don't feel bad though...not many peeps cruz the suspension boards around here
Old 05-26-2004, 12:20 PM
adanande

thanks dude i feel better now CALI!!!!!! WHAT!!!haha
Old 05-26-2004, 12:25 PM
adanande

CALI BRO
Old 05-26-2004, 12:42 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The JDM Bilstein package would only be a sporting upgrade for the lowest form of JDM Fairlady or V35/CPV35. What I mean by that is, the Bilstien package does not carry aggressive valving or spring rates and Nissan is gracious enough to also publish the valving spec sof the shocks too. USDM spring rates are 314/342 The Bilstein package use's 297/347. What they would bring to the table (ignoring Bilstein's marketing fluff about being self adjusting and the verbage) is Mono tube valving performance vs twin tube. But at what cost, a heck of a lot.

Frankly, Bilstein is set to come out a H.D. shock for these car's anyhow, buy them instead and adjustable sway bars, you'll get the same thing at a fraction of the cost.

If you really want a performance system and it has to be by Bilstein wait for these. See pic.