Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Just got my Hotchkis Sways!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 08:06 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Just got my Hotchkis Sways!!

Finally got my Hotchkis sways...Big thanks to Hopup racing for putting up with my constant bitching about them. Hotckis took FOREVER to get these shipped out. Its all good cause I know they'll be worth it. I'm going to try to do a full write up on the sway install since there seems to be a lack of them. Got digicam now so I'll try to post pics of each step. Thanks again everyone at Hopup....I'll be getting my exhaust through them soon!!!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:30 AM
jreiter

Nice. I'm interested in those Hotchkis sways. Keeps us updated on the handling changes, and what settings you put the sways on.

SCC magazine, when making their perfectly balanced Z, used the Hotchkis sways. All they did to the car to make the handling balanced was use the same width tire front and back, and set the Hotchkis sways to medium in the front and back.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:04 AM
Vlad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you also please weight stock sways and new ones, including all parts. I want to know weight difference.

Thanks
Old 06-10-2004, 06:42 AM
KShep

Greg at GSC Motorsports told me mine just came in. Look forward to the write-up. (shameless plug for greg)
Old 06-10-2004, 08:10 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by Vlad
Can you also please weight stock sways and new ones, including all parts. I want to know weight difference.

Thanks
I can tell you right now the Hotckis sways are GOING to be lighter. When i went to pick up the box I figured it'd be too heavy to left. I had Nismo sways on my last car and they weighed a ton. It was kind of like when you go to pick up something heavy and you over do it cause its light. Thats how it was with these sways. Put it this way. my wife was able to carry the box upstairs solo while I was at work and she is not very strong. I will do my best to get the weight difference. As for settings I think I'm going to run middle in the front and full stiff in the rear. Pics and write up should be VERY comprehensive. My buddy is going to pretty much just take pictures while i do it. We're doing it on jack stands so it should be interesting.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:17 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Sounds good...looking forward to pics and review
Old 06-11-2004, 09:42 AM
murrman100

Default Re: Just got my Hotchkis Sways!!

Originally posted by MIAPLAYA
Finally got my Hotchkis sways...Big thanks to Hopup racing for putting up with my constant bitching about them. Hotckis took FOREVER to get these shipped out. Its all good cause I know they'll be worth it. I'm going to try to do a full write up on the sway install since there seems to be a lack of them. Got digicam now so I'll try to post pics of each step. Thanks again everyone at Hopup....I'll be getting my exhaust through them soon!!!
How much did you pay for them?
I was thinking of getting a set off ebay.
Is this a good price?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
Old 06-11-2004, 08:20 PM
blueg35c

Default Re: Re: Just got my Hotchkis Sways!!

Originally posted by murrman100
How much did you pay for them?
I was thinking of getting a set off ebay.
Is this a good price?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

$250 shipped from TitanMotorsports.com. It's not listed on their website. You have to call them.
Old 06-11-2004, 09:19 PM
fowlman01

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe the hochkis sways are hollow, so they should be lighter.

Those are the sways that I have been thinking about getting, so I will be very interested in hearing what you have to say about them.
Old 06-12-2004, 12:45 PM
silverstoneTT

what do sway bars do exactly?
Old 06-12-2004, 09:39 PM
MIAPLAYA

Well I got the sways put in tonight. Write up is coming. Only one problem. MY BRAND NEW CAMERA DOESN"T WORK!!!! I busted it out to start taking pictures when we started and it wouldn't turn on. I changed the batteries and tried in every mode and nothing. I even plugged it in. Batteries in and out and it STILL wouldn't turn on. Needless to say I am PISSED OFF@!!!!> It worked yesterday but of course the day I NEED it nothing. Either way I can try and do a write up. I must say the Hotchkis instructions are VERY staightforward. As for my impressions....to soon to tell but initial impressions are HOLY **** THIS THING IS ON RAILS!!!! I have my settings at front middle and rear full stiff. With my B&G springs I can't BELIEVE the difference. Cornering feels that much better. The rear sway bar is a BIATCH to wiggle on but that was it. Oh, the instructions with the sways for the front say 14 mm bolts on the endlinks....WRONG!!! Try 17mm. A breaker bar will save your life on this mod. The front was cake with the exception of the 50,00000000000000000000000,000000000000000000 bolts to get the skid plate off. Initially you will freak out like I did because it looks like there are five bolts that hold the front sway bar on. One of them is damn near inaccessible with the sway on. But that one does not need to come out. Only the four corners do. Once again a breaker bar is VERY important here. The sways fit PERFECT. I'll have more info tomorrow for you. Sorry for the no pics. Oh for the guy who asked about weight difference. I meausred a difference of 5 lbs on the front and 2 lbs on the rear between stock and Hotckis. So maybe 7 lbs weight saving. This was on a regular scale so no idea how accurate. The stock sways are pretty light though. I dont think they are solid either. The Nismo rear sway from my Spec V was heavier than both front and rear stock sways on the Z. Anyways talk you later...
Old 06-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hotchkis are hollow....so are stock ones FYI

having weight low at the car (ala sway bar) is not necessarily a bad thing either
Old 06-13-2004, 11:49 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
Hotchkis are hollow....so are stock ones FYI

having weight low at the car (ala sway bar) is not necessarily a bad thing either
I dont disagree but someone wanted weight diffs. I just try to please....
Old 06-13-2004, 04:00 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yep..good looking out