Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Rear Rotor Removal (non-Brembo)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 09:16 PM
BigRich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear Rotor Removal (non-Brembo)

Hey guys,

I just bought a pair of the Stoptech Aero Rotors for the non-Track model and am not sure how to install them. I have the service manual, but it does little to tell me how to remove the rear rotor. That said, here are some questions that I'm hoping someone can help provide some insight on:

1. Rear Caliper Removal: I am assuming that once this is off, the rotor will 'simply' come off. Is that correct? If so, then..
2. How do I access the lower caliper bolt? I am assuming that it is the rear camber bar that is in the way, but can't be certain...can someone please explain?
3. Lastly, can anyone give me the torque specs of the main bolts that attach the body of the caliper to the what I am assuming is the hub assembly?

Thanks!!!

-Rich
Old 08-06-2004, 05:45 AM
BigRich

Anyone?
Old 08-06-2004, 08:19 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

1. There are only 2 bolts holding the caliber on, once removed it should slide right off. You shouldn't have to remove any other rear suspension parts to access these. Use a wire to hold the caliper up so there is no tension on the brake line.

2. The rotor may not come right off because of the emergency brake shoes. Make sure it's not engaged. If the rotor still won't come off you will have to go in and release the shoes with the adjustment wheel.

3. Since you have the manual all the torque specs are right there in the diagrams.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:24 AM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hmm....i just helped a friend change out rotors on an evo8. fronts were cake, but rears wouldnt come off. now that i think about it, he had the e-brake on...lol

thanks for the info zwindsor, i'll relay this info to him.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:57 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Also, the rear rotor have a slightly tight fit on the inner diameter to the axel which some have hat to tap with a rubber mallet or just wiggle the rotor back and forth until it clears it.