Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Alignment Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 05:12 PM
FairLady350zZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alignment Issue

Ok, so I finally lowered my car with Tanabe GF210's, waited for them to settle and I went to Good Year to get my car aligned back to spec, as close as it could go without a camber kit of course. Come to find out, they couldnt do it due to it being too low, so I went to Tires Plus. I drop off my car for them to perform the alignment, I come back to pick it up and find out that all they could do was the toe. They told me that there was no adjustment for them to adjust the camber or caster. As far as I know, isnt the back camber adjustable? I was expecting for them to not be able to adjust the front camber, but not both, so pretty much all I paid for was for them to adjust the toe. Im pissed off!!! The guy tells me that there is a 6 month warranty so if I was to get a camber kit, bring the car in with it on and they will do it for free as long as its within the 6 month warranty. Heres the icing on the cake, I go out to get into my car, I check my 19" TE-37s, my front passenger side rims inner lip has gouge marks on it. Im assuming that they put the clamp on for the laser algnment machine and put two marks on opposite sides of that rim. They must have learned from their mistake, because the other three were fine. I pointed it out to them and they told me to come back tomorrow and talk to the manager. What are your thoughts about this situation? Any thoughts on the alignment issue and also the rim issue? What should I do?

Last edited by FairLady350zZ; 11-02-2004 at 05:29 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:52 PM
FairLady350zZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: I went to talk to the manager at Tires Plus, a total @$$hole if you ask me. He insists that those marks were already on my rim and it wasnt their fault. After argueing with him, he decides to call his "rim guy" that deals with high end cars like BMW and Mercedes, so I guess he tells me that he will have that guy look at my rim and see if it can be repaired...... Any of you guys out there have fixed a curbed rim before and where? Any info would be much appreciated. Also, any thoughts on the alignment issue? Thanks