Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

what spring?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 11:35 AM
kzshin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why? Do you have comparative data? Have you had experience with each setup?
have Hotchkis TVS and can say it works well and I'm happy with the setups performance and delivery of claims. Can I say they are the best, no. I don't have that type of data to back it up. I think we all have to start being more realistic with our claims. As this board and automobile progress and mature we need to start working with facts not emotion or the "I have it so it's the best" mentality
GSedan just answered which is better and provide you the data. Other thing, RS-R ti2000 is lighter with Titainium.

I have researched all the springs before I bought my RS-R ti springs. And FYI, Unlike Eibach, H&R, and RS-R, Hotchkis springs were never used on professional race cars in Japan and Europe, and that says alot, cuz those are the places focus more on road racing and tracks, and besides getting sponsored and get freebies which are important to amerture racing, Professional racing teams acutally needs dependable products for them to compete and win the race. The conclusion is RS-R might not be the best spring but sure it's better than Hotchkis.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:39 AM
PUYA

Guys:

I'm an ignorant regarding the prices of these options. Could somebody post some prics on the different options?
Old 11-17-2004, 01:30 PM
ZinMiami

PUYA,

I paid $360 delivered to my door for the Hotchkis TVS I setup. That is for springs and sways.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:38 PM
z24seven

Is RSR or Hotchkis spring requires camber kit?
How low can you go w/o aftermarket camber kit?
Thanks in advice.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:44 PM
ZinMiami

Originally posted by z24seven
Is RSR or Hotchkis spring requires camber kit?
How low can you go w/o aftermarket camber kit?
Thanks in advice.
Looks like .6/.7 inch drop is maximum before you risk needing camber kits. I know Hotchkis is in this range and my car was re-aligned within specs without need for a kit.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:47 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lets not get confused with what H&R, Eibach and RSR use on race cars to what they use on street cars. And there are a bunch of ameteur racers in the US using Hotchkis as well

Personally I had the RSR non ti - no camber correction needed, nice even drop, but not slammed, and every bit as comforable as stock. I have since swapped to coilovers
Old 11-17-2004, 08:32 PM
kzshin

exactly, but you will imagine company that has technology and rep for professional to used their products, it says alot.

Ameture and Professional are in different class by the way.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:06 PM
z24seven

Does anyone has pic of both spring installed with aftermarket wheels on?
I would like to see how low Z seats on with .5-.7inch drop.
Thanks.
Old 11-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Slip and Slide

Ok so knowing all this information what would everyone recommend for a spring kit that would produce the following: Less bounce, handle better, slight ride height drop, and would work best with stock shocks?

-Also what do you mean when you refer to the early 03' models having funky suspension set up?
Old 11-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Conceyted

i went with hotchkis... offers a nice reasonable drop while not needing to correct your camber and it doesnt break the bank
Old 11-20-2004, 05:16 PM
ZinMiami

Originally posted by Slip and Slide
Ok so knowing all this information what would everyone recommend for a spring kit that would produce the following: Less bounce, handle better, slight ride height drop, and would work best with stock shocks?

-Also what do you mean when you refer to the early 03' models having funky suspension set up?
The Hotchkis TVS for the Z was designed to do exactly what you ask here. It addresses every one of your requirements and as mentioned a post or two above, it won't break the bank at less than $400 for a kit that includes springs and sways!
Old 11-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Z33

Originally posted by Slip and Slide

My pre-order '03 Z had the first iteration of their 'ripple-control' damper design, and it was badly mismatched to the spring rates, resulting in nasty oscillations on some pavements (eg, there's a stretch of 95 between DC and Baltimore that can do it), 'float' and general bad behaviour. This on top of the designed-in understeer.

My new setup (RSR/Koni/Hotchkis) has none of these problems, and IMHO is how a Z _should_ feel. I'd expect it handles better than any OEM Z, especially considering the Volks and wider rubber.
Old 11-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Slip and Slide

My Z was also a early 03' but I don't know if it has the mismatched suspension combo that you talked about. Is there any way of finding out because I have no comparison?