Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Z prices on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 10:12 PM
Wicked4u2c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gatti-man
umm... cars arent an investment. Get out of that mind set and enjoy your car.

I never said cars in general are investments, the Toyota Supra proved to be otherwise. New they were selling for $35-$40k. in 1998. And today find a Supra that is in mint condition stock and you will pay more if not the same when they were new in 1998. Everyone knows a car is a liability, but some cars actually do go up in value depending on again I said this 3 times already SUPPPLY AND DEMAND! Try and find a unique Shelby GT500 Mustang and I bet you will pay over $60k for that bad boy.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Racer Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ///M350Z
Why are the prices so low on the Z at ebay?
go take a look http://motors.listings.ebay.com/Niss...istingItemList

is there like any other charges on ebay thats why the price??

I was at the nissan dealer today. the cheapest nissan I saw was 2004 Base 31 000 and the highest price was 49 000 so why so cheap at ebay???? and autotrader.com this is the average price 34,464.
any one know?? or just the Z's going down in price really quick I better sell mine soon

$31K for a 2004 BASE??? Thats a MAJOR RIP-OFF....I got my 2005 BASE for $25K!

Like that old song goes..... "You Betta Shop Around"
Old 08-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Racer Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
I never said cars in general are investments, the Toyota Supra proved to be otherwise. New they were selling for $35-$40k. in 1998. And today find a Supra that is in mint condition stock and you will pay more if not the same when they were new in 1998. Everyone knows a car is a liability, but some cars actually do go up in value depending on again I said this 3 times already SUPPPLY AND DEMAND! Try and find a unique Shelby GT500 Mustang and I bet you will pay over $60k for that bad boy.

+1 The '69 Dodge Charger has DOUBLED in value (from about 14K to 28K) because of the new Dukes of Hazzard movie AND because they're in short supply (Even more so since the producers of the movie literally wrecked 25 or so Chargers in stunt scenes, etc.)

LOL...The producers were worried that they couldn't find any more Chargers if they made a Dukes of Hazzard Part 2!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Racer Z
Banned

umm... cars arent an investment. Get out of that mind set and enjoy your car.

Generally this is true, BUT there are PLENTY of cars that can be very sound investments. Ones that will obviously apprecate in value.

Case in point: ANY Ferrari, '57 Vette, '65 Mustang, and Probably MOST Limited Production Exotic Cars.

Check out one of those upscale Auto Auctions (On Speed Channel, I think) and you'll see what I mean.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:15 PM
///M350Z

[QUOTE=gatti-man]umm... cars arent an investment. Get out of that mind set and enjoy your car.[/QUOTE
not an investment but at least get the moeny back you spend
Old 08-06-2005, 02:12 AM
homiusang

what was the milege
were they rebuild?
This was the link of one of the auctions. I lost the other one. The Z looks in good condition and I ran an autocheck report on it, it's got a crystal clear title and had only 1 owner. It's a 03 Performance model with 40.5k miles.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I agree but check out the kbb.com the private value of a 2004 entusiest is 26 000 I always thought that cars go higher than kbb.com
Not sure if Zs in your area cost more or not. But I just check the value of a 04 Enthusiast Z, good condition, 6mt with 20,000 miles, the private party value is $22,125; and the trade-in value is $18,300. Sounded a fair value to me and I don't think Z value in my area will be lower than anywhere else in the states because we don't get snow here and ppl can drive this car all year round.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:18 AM
gatti-man

You guys are crazy. Yeah supra excluded which sold for much more than 35k for the high performance TT version all the cars you guys are talking about are 30+ years old and in stock form!!! Dont use examples like that when your talking about the next 2-5 years in the original post. Also those cars are nostalgia from a period that was different than today. People that expect their car to go up or hold value are 99.9% of the time going to be dissappionted. The supra was a freak same with the RX-7. People that bought those cars fell into the tuning craze and were lucky. Those are the only two cars in the past 30 years to do that. So go ahead and keep your car stock and sit on it for 30-40 to maybe make a profit lol. Me I will be moding mine and enjoying the hell out of it.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Mike00

not an investment but at least get the moeny back you spend
Your dreaming.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:43 AM
Wicked4u2c

You guys are crazy. Yeah supra excluded which sold for much more than 35k for the high performance TT version all the cars you guys are talking about are 30+ years old and in stock form!!! Dont use examples like that when your talking about the next 2-5 years in the original post. Also those cars are nostalgia from a period that was different than today. People that expect their car to go up or hold value are 99.9% of the time going to be dissappionted. The supra was a freak same with the RX-7. People that bought those cars fell into the tuning craze and were lucky. Those are the only two cars in the past 30 years to do that. So go ahead and keep your car stock and sit on it for 30-40 to maybe make a profit lol. Me I will be moding mine and enjoying the hell out of it.
Dude, calm down! You need to take reading leasons because you didn't bother reading my last post. I said I was using the Supra as an example for KBB pricing. If anybody is going to buy a car for an "investment" purpose than your better off going to the bank and opening a CD account. At least you will get some money. We all know that cars is the worst thing a human can buy. They depreciate faster than a hooker on the street. Nobody is saying Buy a car and save it for 30 years, your just arranging things your way
Old 08-06-2005, 09:47 AM
gatti-man

Dude, calm down! You need to take reading leasons because you didn't bother reading my last post. I said I was using the Supra as an example for KBB pricing. If anybody is going to buy a car for an "investment" purpose than your better off going to the bank and opening a CD account. At least you will get some money. We all know that cars is the worst thing a human can buy. They depreciate faster than a hooker on the street. Nobody is saying Buy a car and save it for 30 years, your just arranging things your way
Didnt mean for my post to come of as angry but now that i read it i guess it did, just people that complain abotu depriciation in cars crack me up thats all.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:49 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by Mike00
Your dreaming.
I don't think he meant get ALL 100% of your money back. Take me as a prime example, I bought my 350z in 2002 (BASE) in December for $29K out the door. I just sold it about 4 Months ago for $23k and used it for over 2 years. $29k - $23K =6K. Basically I paid only 6K to "rent" if you want to call it that or Have fun with a car only lost a little over 15% value of the car. Now the car is so depreciated SUPPLY AND DEMAND that you lose about 30% if not more.

So we all agree CARS ARE NOT AN INVESTMENT. But like other stuff that depreciate, at least I know when I buy a car I want to make sure it has a HIGH resale value so that I don't lose as much money. Another reason why I would never buy an American Car, because than your really throwing your money away.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:19 AM
Mike00

I don't think he meant get ALL 100% of your money back. Take me as a prime example, I bought my 350z in 2002 (BASE) in December for $29K out the door. I just sold it about 4 Months ago for $23k and used it for over 2 years. $29k - $23K =6K. Basically I paid only 6K to "rent" if you want to call it that or Have fun with a car only lost a little over 15% value of the car. Now the car is so depreciated SUPPLY AND DEMAND that you lose about 30% if not more.

So we all agree CARS ARE NOT AN INVESTMENT. But like other stuff that depreciate, at least I know when I buy a car I want to make sure it has a HIGH resale value so that I don't lose as much money. Another reason why I would never buy an American Car, because than your really throwing your money away.
Wasn't really my point either I knew that. BUt the fact is the moment you drive that car off that lot it just like 3-4k of it's value.