Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

350Z Price increase!!! !

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2003, 12:45 PM
cotmfk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 350Z Price increase!!! !

What's up with that!?! First I hear that they are slowing producting for 2003, as lots of people are saying when they place their order. Then I go to the nissan website and the options prices are up! Yikes! Now tell me if I'm wrong, but I thought the reason the last Z didn't make it was because the price got too high!? Why would there be a seemingly random mid-year price increase? I uinderstand increasing the prices at the begining of every model year... but this was surprising....
Old 01-26-2003, 12:49 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Price increases in the car business often happen mid year. This isn't unheard of. GM used to do it on occasion when we had our dealership 10 years ago, anyway.
Old 01-26-2003, 01:20 PM
drake3

This is exactly what my broker told me. I thought it was just the sales manager at the local dealer BS'ing him, but maybe there is truth to it.

hmmmm....

Not really great news. Even though I enjoy the exclusivity right now, I really feel everyone should be able to enjoy one too!
Old 01-26-2003, 02:30 PM
rgreene

When are the prices going up? Or have they already? I placed an order in Nov and I wont get it for 2 more months... am I gonna get screwed?
Old 01-26-2003, 03:25 PM
ChadO

My dealer made an explicit note that the deal they gave me was relative to MSRP when I receive my car, not the MSRP at the time. He said the MSRP will more than likely increase by the time my car is delivered.

I thought he was just being careful. I had no idea it would happen this quickly

I just went to Nissan's site and configured my car with the same options: about a $50 increase. Not bad, but I certainly wouldn't welcome additional increases in the next few months.
Old 01-26-2003, 06:52 PM
cotmfk

Yeah, they are already up. It's not too much up, but I was just surprised that each option is up by at least $20. The aero kit is up $70. I am not sure how much, if at all, the price of the actual car is up. I just noticed the options were up...
Old 01-27-2003, 12:15 AM
rgreene

Well, if they are going to reduce the number produced, at least that is a good thing.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:55 AM
koba8

Originally posted by cotmfk
I am not sure how much, if at all, the price of the actual car is up. I just noticed the options were up...
I have read on other forums, and maybe on this one too, that the car increase is $3k. The people who have posted have said that they have had their dealers confirm this. I don't know for sure, but this is what I've heard.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:31 AM
cotmfk

$3k is a lot! Yikes! I didn't think it was that much when I was on there... but I didn't fully configure the car either... I just saw the options prices were up and was discouraged.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:07 AM
350zSpeedRacer

I saw those price increases over the weekend when I was checking my dealer's inventory. Then I got my paperwork out and, lucky for me, he wrote the earlier price down for what I was going to pay!

It's certainly not much of a jump now, but if that 3k markup is true, I'm sure glad that, for once, I got lucky!
Old 01-27-2003, 06:06 AM
WashUJon

I certainly hope that +3k is a vicious rumor and I better not find any surprises when I pick up my car. You'll see quite a horror story on this site if that happens. I've got a contract with all of the numbers (including tax, title, etc.) and they better not try to "adjust" it.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:07 AM
DrCold

Well, this isnt good. If the price does go up 3K (or more?), i probably wont be getting a Z. I'm waiting for the spring raises to take effect, then im planning on getting a Z, but if the prices go up drastically there is no way i can get one. I really hope Nissan doesnt shoot them selves in the foot...

-DrCold
Old 01-27-2003, 08:21 AM
ZpikeZ

Originally posted by koba8
I have read on other forums, and maybe on this one too, that the car increase is $3k. The people who have posted have said that they have had their dealers confirm this. I don't know for sure, but this is what I've heard.
Show my the link please.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:30 AM
UFO

I agree...show me the info. I did a search on early reviews where they list MSRP and it's not much different than what's listed on the NNA website. Regardless, I have a deal for $200 under MSRP (today's) at my dealer right now for one delivered in a couple months. I will be asking him about price increases.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:33 AM
TriX

Someone please elaborate. So its a 3,000 increase on all new models for 2003. ?
Old 01-27-2003, 08:38 AM
abz123

I think the 3k increase is a rumor.

As far as options are concern, this might have something to do with the new port worker contract....

Are most of the items that have increased in price port installed options?
Old 01-27-2003, 08:39 AM
aelius

Default Price increase

As I am the one who first mentioned the price increase on 350ZMotoring, let me share what I was told.

Two weeks ago, while visiting back east, a salesman volunteered that, in April, there was to be a $3000 increase in the MSRP of the 350Z. This was confirmed by another salesman at a different dealership.

When I returned to California last week, I asked the owner of the dealership from whom I originally had ordered my car about what I had heard, and he, too, said that there was to be a mid-year adjustment.

This weekend, I actually found my car at a local dealer and purchased it off the floor. I mentioned the increase to the sales manager, who surmised that, now there was a demonstrated market for the 350Z, such an increase would bring it in line with comparable cars. It was not to take effect, however, until a later production run.

Predictably, Nissan customer service was not aware of any of this and is to call back. But I did speak again yesterday with the sales manager, who had made a phone call, himself.

There definitely seems to be an anticipated price increase. But I invite members to check for themselves.

Last edited by aelius; 01-27-2003 at 08:45 AM.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:39 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by abz123
I think the 3k increase is a rumor.

As far as options are concern, this might have something to do with the new port worker contract....

Are most of the items that have increased in price port installed options?
I would bet you're right on that.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:47 AM
UFO

Well my dealer has a nice surprise ahead...when I refuse delivery when they try to charge me an extra 10% for a car I ordered in January. Assuming they try to pull this on me. Must..talk...to...salesman...
Old 01-27-2003, 09:05 AM
ZpikeZ

Default Re: Price increase

Originally posted by aelius
As I am the one who first mentioned the price increase on 350ZMotoring, let me share what I was told.

Two weeks ago, while visiting back east, a salesman volunteered that, in April, there was to be a $3000 increase in the MSRP of the 350Z. This was confirmed by another salesman at a different dealership.

When I returned to California last week, I asked the owner of the dealership from whom I originally had ordered my car about what I had heard, and he, too, said that there was to be a mid-year adjustment.

This weekend, I actually found my car at a local dealer and purchased it off the floor. I mentioned the increase to the sales manager, who surmised that, now there was a demonstrated market for the 350Z, such an increase would bring it in line with comparable cars. It was not to take effect, however, until a later production run.

Predictably, Nissan customer service was not aware of any of this and is to call back. But I did speak again yesterday with the sales manager, who had made a phone call, himself.

There definitely seems to be an anticipated price increase. But I invite members to check for themselves.

Mind you I have nothing against this fine state on the west coast, but I believe this is just California market adjustment/everything is way too expensive there/dealer BS ... whatever that means. Just combine those three things into one idea. Nissan would have to be the most asinine company on this planet if they incease the price by 3 g's. I read in your other post that April is the month for this incease ... i guess this won't matter to me since my car is being delivered in March!