Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Edmunds Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Sea Call

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Edmunds Pricing

Anyone notice that Edmunds has upped their TMV values for the Z? Was surfing today, and their reviews caught my eye. Checked the site and noticed the pricing changes, as I had checked their readings before I got mine in December. Looks like they upped the TMV price about $2-3M.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:25 PM
sessions

I noticed that too. It's odd because many members of this board have bought for MSRP or lower in the last few months, before Edmunds dropped the price. The site claims it's based on your region, also -- in my area, their "TMV" is $2,000 over MSRP.

Given the amount of bragging Edmunds does about TMV's accuracy, there are two conclusions:

1) the board members who got a Z cheap are quite shrewd and the rest of the Z community, not represented here, is paying too much.

2) Edmunds's doesn't have a clue.

I'd like to believe the latter.
Old 02-07-2003, 10:22 PM
UFO

I think it depends on how you bought it. If you order one and wait you can probably get it for MSRP or less. If you just have to have that Z on the lot the day you see it, you might have to pay for it. I'm paying $200 under MSRP...but I'm hoping to knock it down some more before it shows up.
Old 02-08-2003, 07:31 AM
rep15

Originally posted by sessions
Given the amount of bragging Edmunds does about TMV's accuracy, there are two conclusions:

1) the board members who got a Z cheap are quite shrewd and the rest of the Z community, not represented here, is paying too much.

2) Edmunds's doesn't have a clue.

I'd like to believe the latter.
Or

3) Some members stretching the purchase truth with creative numbers.......

This is the internet, you know.
Old 02-08-2003, 07:56 AM
walc

The Edmunds TMV, for the exact 350z I bought 2 weeks ago, is $2,000. over MSRP and $6,000. more than I paid for a demo w/ 2200 miles on it.
I think their TMV is much too high; but, I hope it's true when I want to sell. Of course, I remember the VW New Beetle and the PT Cruiser, when they were in short supply. Now, dealers have tons of them that don't sell even w/big rebates.
Old 02-08-2003, 05:29 PM
rjsmit1

I am guessing that Edmunds' information lags behind reality, so they are now reflecting the original over-sticker pricing that happened earlier. I can't imagine that there are very many places in the USA where people are paying over sticker. The availability of quick information via internet has made this a national market, so that deakers in one area could not charge much of a premium over another area before cars start migrating to fill the gap. That would theoretically limit a regional price premium to the cost of transporting vehicles from one area to another.