Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Summer Z Fever

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 12:47 PM
zfetish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Summer Z Fever

I've been trying to sell my current car for two months now. I decided to wait til I sold the car and get an ppw 06 enthu with the nissan vpp discount. If I trade the car in at a dealership, I won't get as much for it and wouldn't be able to get a 06. I have found a ppw 05 enthu with 10k miles for 25k thats pretty close and it's tempting me. I don't know if I can stand it anymore waiting for my Z. I like my old car but if I don't get a Z soon I think I'm just gonna sell off everything I have to get one. Should I wait or get the 05 now?!? I'm thinking about buying the Z July 1st!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 02:59 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You have to sell your present car before making any 350Z decisions.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:29 AM
tonyc4s

Originally Posted by zfetish
I've been trying to sell my current car for two months now. I decided to wait til I sold the car and get an ppw 06 enthu with the nissan vpp discount. If I trade the car in at a dealership, I won't get as much for it and wouldn't be able to get a 06. I have found a ppw 05 enthu with 10k miles for 25k thats pretty close and it's tempting me. I don't know if I can stand it anymore waiting for my Z. I like my old car but if I don't get a Z soon I think I'm just gonna sell off everything I have to get one. Should I wait or get the 05 now?!? I'm thinking about buying the Z July 1st!!!

Have you tried going to CarMax to sell your used car. They usually give you better offers for your old car than normal dealers.

I've been looking for some time and have a similiar cash flow issue. I've been waiting for more than 2 months, because I feel the minor changes in the 2006 are important to me. If you feel the same then you should wait.

Worse scenerio is sitting in your 2005car and watch a 2006 pass by and say to your self you should have waited. But if thats not an issue, then go for it.

Good luck...
Old 06-23-2006, 05:27 AM
zfetish

I'm getting a automatic regardless of 05 or 06. With that being said, the only real difference would be the taillights, headlight, rims and a few interior changes, right? The only thing really swaying me towards a 06 is the headlights and rims. Has anyone else had this kind of decision?

Originally posted by davidv
You have to sell your present car before making any 350Z decisions.
If I trade in my car at the dealership now I could get the 05. I have a heavily modded honda prelude that, if I sold privately, I could get a lot more money out of. Trying to sell your own car is pretty hard and time consuming. That is why I'm leaning towards just trading it in and being done with it and gettin the 05.

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Idok

Originally Posted by zfetish
I'm getting a automatic regardless of 05 or 06. With that being said, the only real difference would be the taillights, headlight, rims and a few interior changes, right? The only thing really swaying me towards a 06 is the headlights and rims. Has anyone else had this kind of decision?

If I trade in my car at the dealership now I could get the 05. I have a heavily modded honda prelude that, if I sold privately, I could get a lot more money out of. Trying to sell your own car is pretty hard and time consuming. That is why I'm leaning towards just trading it in and being done with it and gettin the 05.

Thanks for the input guys.

why on earth would you do that?

the Z is a sports car, and IMO should not even be manufactured with an A/T
Old 06-23-2006, 09:15 AM
wldkatz03

whatever you do, just try not to make this purchase of the Z...a purchase that makes money tight for you...it should be a luxury to buy a car, and should not have it consume your income...with that said, I would suggest that you keep trying to sell the car...don't settle just because you have the itch to buy...I had the itch for 3 months, I didn't want to settle on anything and I didn't want to have to order...but let me tell ya, when I finally got the car...it felt good...it sucks to wait but the end result makes up for it ALL!!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:56 AM
jeff91ta

Hold out and sell it privately. That way you can get the 06.

I too was tempted by a new 05 Touring marked down to 30k(only 05 on that dealer's lot) but ended up buying an 06 MB Enthusiast stickered at roughly the same price.

18in rims, 300hp RevUp, LED tails, HID(hi-low) headlights, much much better interior. Door panels look great, center dash gauges look better and the stick has a nice brushed aluminum base around it. Between Enthusiast and Touring I gave up leather-heated-powered seats and Bose........ not a big loss IMO

Good luck on the purchase
Old 06-23-2006, 10:09 AM
zfetish

Thanks for the support guys. I've read these forums almost everyday for 3 months now. I'm just gettin antsy.

Originally Posted by Idok
why on earth would you do that?
I'm getting an automatic based on the fact that I drive in heavy traffic to and from nashville every day. i'm really not that skilled on a manual either. trust me, if i didn't have to drive to nashville every day i would get one. it just seems like a better choice to get an automatic.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:55 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Have you sold your car?