Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Trading the MKIV Supra for a Z.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:34 AM
azsupratt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trading the MKIV Supra for a Z.

Well ive been in the MKIV Supra scene for about 3 years now and its been fun I still love the car but Life takes its toll and i decided to finally get out of it. I currently have an Always Arizona Owned! 1994 Twin Turbo auto, Black with Custom Black/red Interior from Leatherseats.com. Car has 57k miles on the clock Bone Stock never modified.Was going to but I decided to sell it, I actually bought Full BPU parts - exhaust but figured I would leave it stock since they tend to sell better. If anyone ends up taking my offer I do have all the parts Most BNIB if they want them.Parts include 3"Downpipe,Blitz Sus Intake,Hallman MBC,FLuidyne Tranny Cooler, SPAL 7.5" Fan,Greddy BCC. It has Defi Black Face LED tinted Boost and EGT guages along with DEFI Guage control Panel,EGT guage not hooked up due to not Bung cause I wasn't gonna install that in a stock DP but is all wired and ready to go.It has a CLARION VRX935vd DVD in-dash, pioneer premier speakers all around, has a Marble Dash trim that gives it that luxury loo. Paint is 9/10 interior is 9/10. Compression was done a few months ago and is 155 in every cylinder except 4 which is 148 and leakdown is 4% every cylinder cept 4 which is 8% which shows this car was very well taken care of! Currently in the Paint shop having the Hood and Targa repainted due to Rock chips from being a 13 year old car. The hood and roof alone are costing 1300.00 for paint from a very high rate shop in az referred by Ryan Woon of WOTM.com one of the most well known supra owners and shops in the world.All other paint is original and in almost perfect condition. Reason Im ditchin it is cause im getting married pretty soon here and would rather have the cash for that. Im deciding to pick up a Z cause seem like great cars for the price im looking into. Im looking into just picking up one for a Daily to enjoy but nothing big like drag or road racing. I had my share of that in the supra's. I cant post in the classifieds so figured I would post here since Im guessing the people selling theirs check here also. If anyone is interested in a trade + cash for my supra please feel free to hit me up with offers. Im not really looking for any high end z just a nice one pref. with warranty. Prefer 04.5 and up cause i guess earlier years had issues?
Really wanna get atleast the Z with the bose system/or upgraded system (looking at luxury instead of speed now) highly prefer an Auto for DD but will look into anything.
Sorry if my spelling is off, Its 2 am and Im at work typin this up so please bare with me.
My email is supra94tt@hotmail.com I will get some newer pics up once I get it back from the shop. Car is rather dirty in these pics from dust and does NOT have wax on it. When its waxed its amazing lol but here is an idea of its condition.

Last edited by azsupratt; 07-26-2006 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bump for a good deal
Old 07-26-2006, 12:42 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Worth about $16-19K private party?
Old 07-26-2006, 12:45 AM
azsupratt

Originally Posted by zand02max
Worth about $16-19K private party?
The Supra? Heh not sure if your into them or not, but if you look up sale pricing especially on Supraforums.com 6-speed with good milage tend to go from 28-34k if well maintained stock. Auto tend to go from 24-29 well maintained. Mine does have the custom Leather seats with about 4k *** miles on them and the guages alone are over 1k.

Supra's are one of the few cars that hold their value Extremely well over other cars. Some of the supra's on SF modded are selling for 60k+ lol Crazy but people are buying them..
If you know Supra's they dont go by KBB.

Last edited by azsupratt; 07-26-2006 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:27 AM
hurahn

Damn Fast and Furious. The new movie isn't going to do squat for our resale values. Oh well, I'm not selling my car anyway. Bump for a clean, unmodified Supra.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:04 AM
THE TECH

Don't make the mistake that I did and sell your Supra for a Z, you will be disappointed.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:28 AM
cvt

supra TT to a Z??...you're going to miss that freeway pull....
Old 07-26-2006, 06:45 AM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by cvt
supra TT to a Z??...you're going to miss that freeway pull....
Going to miss more than that for sure.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:56 AM
cvt

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Going to miss more than that for sure.
well you gotta love the engine. the 2jz-gte is darn near bulletproof...they can have snails the size of small azn men running with it without breaking a sweat.

as far as handling i still like the Z....but the overall quality of the car...i mean you can tell it sold for 40K + msrp...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:44 AM
azsupratt

I know ill prob. miss the Supra and its power Band and drive train but Im not really into the whole racing/speed scene anymore. Im tryin to start my life off and get married and start a family and right now the car just doesn't have any room in my life. Ide much rather have the extra cash and a dcent sports car. I was looking at other cars but I refuse to buy a honda, or mazda, I like the g35's but they alittle more then what I want since im trying to get money out of this. The Z is gonna be my Daily Driver for a couple years I just want a car that doesn't look like crap and has styling while also having some performance with it as well. Right now I hardly push this supra at all i usually keep it under 3k cause im Daily driving it ever since I sold my other DD. I used to own a 94 tt 6spd full Bpu+, I had most my fun with that cause that one Hauled some *** lol. This one I basically got for DD thats why i chose to trade my 6speed for an auto. (Even though it seems this auto stock had way more power then the 6 speed stock) Now after really thinking it through I decided whats really important to me now and what I really need. Later on when I get out of college Ill prob end up getting back into them but for now Im really interested in life and the Z.

I really just want a car in the 20k Range so I can save the rest for marriage. The Z seems to be the perfect car in that range That I like.

Last edited by azsupratt; 07-26-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:17 AM
97supratt

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the same thing, sold my 97 tt auto a while back, then got a few different cars and now got my Z. I miss the supras power, but then again the Z handles so well, I sometimes dont miss the heavy weight of the supra either.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:16 PM
BLKroadster

I had a 94 supra n loved it. But then it was paid off and I needed money. N the market price for it was high. So took the money paid things off n bought a Z. Im still missing the Supra. Only thing I dont miss is the entry and exit. Its tight
Old 07-26-2006, 01:29 PM
ANXIOUZ

Very nice car. Damn, Toyota sure got that car right.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:32 PM
NA350Z

Boy, if was a stick, you'd sure as hell have a customer on this end.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:35 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being a detail freak, I feel compelled to commend your upkeep of the Supra. 12 years later, and the car still looks brand new. Good job!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the supra but love the z much better. To the general public. supras are just outdated cars. Z's got much more modern lines and etc. very clearn supra, though.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:46 PM
350zQ45a

Nice ride...

I used to own a MKIV back in the year 2k.. AZ Supra guys can be well passionate

Very nice ride.. I think you will enjoy the Zed. I find they are similar in the way they feel (very sturdy chasis feel etc) and have the same sort of approach to handling, which is sheer grip.

Black Supra.. When I see a pristine example, like yours.. They still make me cringe to think I ever sold mine (even though it was a white slushbox) I loved that car. It was so bloody fast at freeway speeds.

The biggest disappointment in owning an NA vehicle compared to say a Supra espically, is you lose the ability to sort of pick the HP you want to have, unless you want to spend a fortune, and then you may have to deal with the kaboom on the NA engine..

Nothing for me will ever beat the Supra for JDM dragstars. I'll never forget going down to the 24/7 autozone and buying a few hoses, returning to the garage, doing a simple install, and ending up with about 400 hp for less then $100 spent.

What an amazing machine.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:42 PM
RodeMode

azsupratt, gorgeous car man! You'll probably miss her, but congrats on starting a new chapter in your life. When you find the right lady to share it with, it's the best adventure in the world. I got hitched year & a half ago at 24. Didn't want to go past the quarter century mark , to begin building a wonderful life with my best friend, lover, & supporter at my side. We completed our respective Master degrees this year, hopefully looking forward to solid careers. Again, Congratulations!

You shouldn't have any prob selling the supra with such pride of ownership you've obviously maintained her by. A buddy of mine had one, it was a blast to drive those few sweet times he'd fork over the keys, lol. I have a Z & I'm not understanding why, having driven both, another board member said the cars are similar in several ways. Um, ok...... .........

Anyway man, it was a treat looking at those pix. Good luck with all
Old 07-27-2006, 12:32 AM
azsupratt

Quick question, ive been researching the Z's lately and noticed they have bad issues with tranny's I was wondering is this only on the Manny trans or the auto's as well?
Old 07-27-2006, 11:31 AM
B-Unit

The trans issues on the Zs are more in the earlier production model 03's. if u get a new one either tranny should be just fine.

-B-

Quick Reply: Trading the MKIV Supra for a Z.