Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

NISMO pricing & Nissan JP options pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 12:28 AM
mdouvris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow!

Thanks Victor! I can't wait till we get our own nismo parts list. But you have done and excellent job as always. There is some wierd stuff on it.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:40 AM
raceboy
Banned

If it's the same as TRD stuff from Toyota you can expect to get if for 30 to 40% less than the price you get by converting the Yen to the dollar.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:57 AM
3rdpower

Lotttttaaa stuff on here I want... sensors... reverse light or mirror tilt... I love the Japanese... they make everything so... coooool...
Old 08-03-2002, 01:06 AM
zPilott

I think someone else posted that the ETC thing is something like "Electronic Toll Collector" and is used for paying tolls. The thing above it is a display unit for the toll collector.
Old 08-03-2002, 01:12 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know what any of the ??? things are except for one. Being a dad, I know that the last thing on there is a toddler booster seat that lifts the kid up a little so you can either use your seatbelt or clamp on this top part once he is sitting in it.

Also: Can someone who is good at photochopping please change this car (the only non B/W pic I have ever seen of the splashguards) to Brickyard? I'd really like to see what it looks like. While I can do the goofy things you see me post (body switching etc) I still have no clue how to change the color of something with PS. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails NISMO pricing & Nissan JP options pricing-silverzsplashguards.jpg  
Old 08-03-2002, 01:15 AM
morganjd

Excellent post, VQ. Thanks
Old 08-03-2002, 01:15 AM
bobbyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of your question marks is a pad for your knee when autocrossing. It takes the brunt when your knee slams into the side of the console
Old 08-03-2002, 01:44 AM
Alang

Damn, over a grand for an oil cooler?

What the hell does it come with to make it so expensive?

Has anyone seen braided brake and/or clutch lines yet?
Old 08-03-2002, 01:45 AM
Boomer

Default Re: NISMO pricing & Nissan JP options pricing

The $46.25 item could be a booster seat for an older child, remember the high doors; $68.10 is horns, I think; and the rest I don't have a clue. I did not see one item I was looking for, 3 underbody air diffusers to complete the Track's Aero Kit. The only thing was the rear underbody spoiler for the complete Kit and I don't believe they are the same parts, the NISMO part looks different.

The prices for the U.S. better come down considerably; $1800+ for an exhaust system is too rich for me; I could trade out the mufflers for a pair of flowmasters and make the Z sound like a small block Chevy. One or more of you might murder me in my sleep for that move, so I won't.

I wonder when we will get the U.S. prices; and how much lower can they be? Anyone have a feel for it?

Boomer-- interested, but not at those prices. Also, I was positive I saw the diffusers at NISMO in an earlier post, at $45,000 yen? Where?
BR/FR/AT

Last edited by Boomer; 08-03-2002 at 01:53 AM.
Old 08-03-2002, 01:55 AM
TDOT350Z

doesn't that one for $420 look like a 3.5" disk drive?
Old 08-03-2002, 01:57 AM
Boomer

Default Diffuser

Originally posted by VQracer
is this the diffuser you are talking about? cause i want it too but cannot find a price or real picture of it.

Victor
I don't think so, the diffuser(s) were 3 pieces and the pic is of a one piece part, I think. Vic, didn't you order the Track model? If so, you'll have the whole kit.

Keith

Last edited by Boomer; 08-03-2002 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:31 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off, VQ, thanks a ton; I'll probably bookmark this thread.

I wonder if the Bilstein suspension set is the same width as the stock suspension, since apparently the S-Tune suspension is wider, meaning you'd have to change your wheels. If so, I may opt for that instead of the S-Tune suspension. And that Momo steering wheel is gorgeous, and to think it has an airbag as well!

And I think the white box labeled 'ETC' that costs $302 may be electronic traction control?

The item above it looks like a trip computer/G-Tech meter or something.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:46 AM
tbcz

Great post VQ. I'm not a moddong kind of guy, but boy it would be cool to have some of that stuff (assuming it makes a noticeable power increase).

Dr Bonz...that picture is not going to work too well if it's changed to Brickyard. It will disappear into the black background. I would think the splashguards will be more inconspicuous on your darker colored car than the silver one.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:49 AM
MaximumHP

Originally posted by Alang
Damn, over a grand for an oil cooler?

What the hell does it come with to make it so expensive?
From the almost useless translations I get from the net, I believe the oil cooler has a built in thermostat to maintain an optimum temperature and prevent over cooling. I think it also comes with some kind of deflector pieces to aim air through it, possibly the part shown? Comes with the stainless steel lines too I think. Not sure that makes it worth a grand, but thought I would throw that in.
Old 08-03-2002, 03:06 AM
MaximumHP

In case any one was wondering about this wire kit, It's supposed to help ground your electrical system better and a bunch of other technical mumbo jumbo.

It appears this mod can actually make a significant difference. Check out what one guy got from a similar kit. The information is on the home page of maximadriver.com:

http://www.maximadriver.com/

Here is a direct link to the dyno chart:

http://www.brian1.net/~chebosto/picts/DynoHP.jpg

I don't know the validity of this test, but it could be promising.
Old 08-03-2002, 03:47 AM
NissaNZ

Judging from those prices the only thing that is reasonable is the Aero Kit, everything else seems really expensive. $25 for license plate fasteners? Jeez. They should come witht he $25 license plate holder.
Old 08-03-2002, 05:00 AM
NissaNZ

Do you guys know if the Aero Kit is going to be available here or will we have to order it from Japan?
Old 08-03-2002, 05:42 AM
Zoro

Default me thinks

this one looks like a paging system to tell you someone is driving out of the parking lot with your new z come and check it out.
Old 08-03-2002, 05:48 AM
Zoro

Default whoops

the pic didn't work for my last post, I try again.

also re:

From the almost useless translations I get from the net, I believe the oil cooler has a built in thermostat to maintain an optimum temperature and prevent over cooling. I think it also comes with some kind of deflector pieces to aim air through it, possibly the part shown? Comes with the stainless steel lines too I think. Not sure that makes it worth a grand, but thought I would throw that in.

for $1000 + the lines should be 24k gold
Attached Images  
Old 08-03-2002, 06:01 AM
dc350z

Cool Just noticed.....

....in the row of photos about the Bilstein suspension is a photo of the tires being used in Japan.

Well now, looks like we will be missing out on the
Bridgestone SO 3's.

Quick Reply: NISMO pricing & Nissan JP options pricing