Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

NISMO U.S. Parts and Prices (inside)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 09:03 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes but personally I was kinda secretly hoping for a warrentied supercharger or turbo(tho I didnt expect it) cause FI will void almost every warrenty on the car except electrical.

the more mods you have, the more of a hassle it will be... I donno bout you guys, but I dont want to have to take my dealer to court to get them to fix something.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:20 AM
Jason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should keep in mind that these prices are probably MSRP, and good dealers (Courtesy?) will likely offer significant discounts on those prices.

Just as an example, I installed a TRD Sportivo suspension on my MR2 Spyder. It's list price is ~$1,500. I picked it up from my local TRD dealer for $1,000.

Oh, and if you think $280 is expensive to install springs, Toyota wanted $1,000 to install my Sportivo suspension (springs, struts, sways.) I did it one Saturday in a friends garage instead.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Boomer

Originally posted by Jason
You should keep in mind that these prices are probably MSRP, and good dealers (Courtesy?) will likely offer significant discounts on those prices.

Just as an example, I installed a TRD Sportivo suspension on my MR2 Spyder. It's list price is ~$1,500. I picked it up from my local TRD dealer for $1,000.

Oh, and if you think $280 is expensive to install springs, Toyota wanted $1,000 to install my Sportivo suspension (springs, struts, sways.) I did it one Saturday in a friends garage instead.
Did you point out to your Toyota dealer that their quote was over 14 hrs for the installation using $70 as the flat rate? I wonder what their install would be for a rebuilt engine, $3000?
Old 06-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Jason

Don't even ask how much they wanted to install an LSD!
Old 06-09-2003, 05:16 PM
cindyjeanne25

that $150 powersteering cooler is a $20 item from summit....
Old 06-09-2003, 05:23 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by cindyjeanne25
that $150 powersteering cooler is a $20 item from summit....
But, you don't get Nismo stickers!
Old 06-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by MannishBoy
But, you don't get Nismo stickers!
Don't need no damn stickers!
Old 06-09-2003, 06:02 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Boomer
Don't need no damn stickers!
It was a joke.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:26 PM
cbsuper

Well, I just preordered a carbon fiber shifter which I think is a fair price. However, everything else is too expensive for Nismo parts.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by MannishBoy
It was a joke.
Of course it was, remember the "Treasure of the Sierra Madre"?
Old 06-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Mr350Z

Hey, whoever the guy is from Atlanta (2003z) and calling me out as a liar. Sorry you feel that way. I'm not.

But when you mention my name and have the audacity to call me a liar, when you have completely misquoted our conversation at SEMA, I have an issue with that. A real issue.

First off, I'm not in Marketing, I'm the Product Planner and I try to make my expertise accessible to this community, but have essentially just become a sounding board for problems. I can only repsond to so many e-mails/posts.

At SEMA west, I never said that all the Nismo parts would be cheaper than Japan. I said that some may be, and some might not be. There are some significant reasons behind that. Nismo Japan offers a one year warranty. Our warranty coverage is better and we had to test all parts in the US & improve on some of them. If you took the time to notice, some of NNA's parts are cheaper than Nismo Japan, like the exhaust. The exhaust is the same unit, but costs considerably less. Not to mention the headers & cams are not even offered for sale in Japan. If your upset about pricing, don't blame me, I had to fight to get the prices down to this level, especially after I conducted the 350Z survey.

The only $items in the pre-launch that everyone seems to be complaining about are the suspension pieces, and they are expensive. I knew this would happen on the suspension parts. This is good amunition to work with...believe me I need it.

In addition, there are additional parts that will accompany the formal launch, like the body kits, wheels..etc..Also, many of the parts that are available here will not be available in Japan.

Doing the best I can.
John
Old 06-11-2003, 05:57 PM
Mr350Z

Hey, whoever the guy is from Atlanta (2003z) and calling me out as a liar. Sorry you feel that way. I'm not.

But when you mention my name and have the audacity to call me a liar, when you have completely misquoted our conversation at SEMA, I have an issue with that. A real issue.

First off, I'm not in Marketing, I'm the Product Planner and I try to make my expertise accessible to this community, but have essentially just become a sounding board for problems. I can only respond to so many posts/e-mails.

I never said that all the Nismo parts would be cheaper than Japan. I said that some may be, and some might not be. There are some significant reasons behind that. Nismo Japan offers a one year warranty and they don't cover the labor portion of that warranty, it's parts only. Our warranty coverage is better. If you took the time to notice, some of our parts are cheaper than Japan, like the exhaust. The exhaust is the same unit, but costs considerably less, and the headers & cams are not even offered for sale in Japan. If your pissed about pricing, blame Nismo Japan, I had to fight to get the prices down to this level. Especially after I conducted the 350Z survey.

The only items in the pre-launch that everyone seems to be complaining about are the suspension parts, and they are expensive, I know. I knew this would happen. This is good amunition...believe me I need it.

In addition, there are additional Z parts that will accompany the formal launch, like the body kits, wheels..etc.. Also, many of the parts that are available here will not be available in Japan.

Doing the best I can.
John
Old 06-11-2003, 06:01 PM
Mr350Z

sorry about the double post...
Old 06-11-2003, 06:42 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by Mr350Z
sorry about the double post...
I am in the dark here, how long will you warranty, implication being more than the 1 yr in Japan, the S-Tune suspension and what will you recommend the install cost to be at a Nissan dealer? If we are to pay more for U.S. parts, we will need a recommended install price to show a Nissan dealer or we will be subject to arbitrary prices according to a dealer's whim.

Do you have this information yet, if not, when might it be available?
Old 06-11-2003, 06:57 PM
Mr350Z

Dealers can charge whatever they want to install Nismo parts. Just like some dealers will pursue Nismo customers by discounting pricing.

NNA's recommendation is going to be charge the same flat rate as: for example: changing a front shock and spring assembly.

Not sure what dealer std. rates are, but I'm sure some dealers will be more aggresive than others...
Old 06-11-2003, 07:18 PM
Boomer

Dealers can charge whatever they want to install Nismo parts. Just like some dealers will pursue Nismo customers by discounting pricing.

NNA's recommendation is going to be charge the same flat rate as: for example: changing a front shock and spring assembly.

Not sure what dealer std. rates are, but I'm sure some dealers will be more aggresive than others...
What about the warranty? More than 1 yr? Will NNA's warranty cover their parts properly installed by other installers, including DIY'ers?
Old 06-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Mr350Z

Warranty will be the std. 3 year warranty just like on any other Nissan Genuine accessory. And yes...parts will have to be installed by dealers.

There are many DIY's like us that are capable, but there are also many out there that are not. I'm sure you understand the risk associated with telling customers they can install the parts themselves...
Old 06-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Boomer

Warranty will be the std. 3 year warranty just like on any other Nissan Genuine accessory. And yes...parts will have to be installed by dealers.

There are many DIY's like us that are capable, but there are also many out there that are not. I'm sure you understand the risk associated with telling customers they can install the parts themselves...
I see. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:38 PM
2003z

First off, I'm not in Marketing, I'm the Product Planner and I try to make my expertise accessible to this community, but have essentially just become a sounding board for problems. I can only respond to so many posts/e-mails.

I never said that all the Nismo parts would be cheaper than Japan. I said that some may be, and some might not be. There are some significant reasons behind that. Nismo Japan offers a one year warranty and they don't cover the labor portion of that warranty, it's parts only. Our warranty coverage is better. If you took the time to notice, some of our parts are cheaper than Japan, like the exhaust. The exhaust is the same unit, but costs considerably less, and the headers & cams are not even offered for sale in Japan. If your pissed about pricing, blame Nismo Japan, I had to fight to get the prices down to this level. Especially after I conducted the 350Z survey.

The only items in the pre-launch that everyone seems to be complaining about are the suspension parts, and they are expensive, I know. I knew this would happen. This is good amunition...believe me I need it.

In addition, there are additional Z parts that will accompany the formal launch, like the body kits, wheels..etc.. Also, many of the parts that are available here will not be available in Japan.

Doing the best I can.
John
I shouldn't have put your name in there, and for that I am sorry, I was upset. As for continuing this, check your pm.
Old 06-12-2003, 02:41 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks MR350Z (John) for the info. I am hoping my local dealer will be one of the aggressive ones pricing wise! Really want to add the full suspension kit and bars to get rid of the bounce.

Last edited by jmark; 06-12-2003 at 02:43 AM.

Quick Reply: NISMO U.S. Parts and Prices (inside)