Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Buying Options and Credit Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 11:07 PM
Alang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm no expert, but with a co-signer, assuming their credit is solid, you should have no problem getting financing. You may have to pay a higher rate, but they may base the rate on the co-signers credit

You should take to your dealership right away. I know with my dealership, they wanted me to finance instead of paying cash. They said that because of my good credit, they could counter balance someone with not so good credit to the finance company. This could have been a total line of BS, but if true it might meant that you could get credit from a dealer eaiser than from a bank.

I would go to several places right away to see what they say. Your credit might not be so bad that you can't get financing, especially with such a big down. Don't go to too many places, multiple credit queries can impact you credit rating.

Good luck
Old 08-17-2002, 12:49 AM
mattc

kraZy,

Work with the dealer first. Why? Car companies work with cars everyday (duh ). If you were to default on the loan, the dealership would take back the car and sell it fairly easily because that is what they do best.

Banks deal with money. If you default on the loan, they get a car, not money, and then have to sell it to get the money. Not what they do best.

Plus, car companies typically arrange for large amounts of dedicated financing funds (several millions of dollars) and can afford to be a little less strict with their acceptance criteria (for reasons mentioned above).

Good luck.

26 days and counting (Sept 12+/-)
Old 08-17-2002, 12:55 AM
rep15

Default Re: Don't shop around too much

Originally posted by Kyle
If there are too many credit inquiries in a recent time frame it looks like you are getting turned down alot and it counts against you on your beacon score.
I might suggest the reason that so many credit inquiries raise a red flag is the possibility of getting a loan from EACH of these inquiries. This makes lending institutions very nervous. Speaking to a loan officer face-to-face can easily resolve the issue. Might be more difficult with a virtual loan but explainable.