Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Need advice on 2004 Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 10:29 PM
AED55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on 2004 Enthusiast

Saw an ad on Auto Trader for a 2004 Enthusiast, with an asking price of $15,500, and wanted to know if it's worth pursuing. The seller has quite a lenghty description. I don't know if this is good info or just a bunch of hype to sell the car. Seems like a lot of mods and extensive maintenance for the price. Any feedback is appreciated.

Seller's Description and Comments
18 inch ruff racing wheels front and rear, front tires are in great shape and are at 6/32 and rear tires are in a good shape and are at 4/32. Front brake pads and rotors were changed out 3 months ago with nissan parts and rear brakes are just halfway through there life. All work that was performed on vehicle was performed by a nissan tech. Im a service manager at a nissan dealer so i made sure that the oil was changed out ever 1,500-2,000 miles and every fluid such as coolant, differential, and transmission fluid has been changed out at least 5 times. Had the drive belts replaced maybe 2 months ago. I replaced the headlight assemblies maybe a month ago because they were hazing up. I also upgraded the bulbs to 8000k bulbs with a new HID kit. The tail lights are tinted black and i had them done by a seperate company. I just lowered the vehicle 1 month ago with eibach springs and of course it was done by a nissan tech. The window tint is 20% all the way around and has a lifetime warranty which will go with the car. The factory shift **** started to wear off so i replaced it with a NISMO carbon fiber ****. The factory speakers sounded awful in this car so i installed polk momo components, speakers, and tweeters, and to power these speakers i had a 1200 rms Eclipse amplifer installed. This vehicle has been very well taken car of and the only bad on this vehicle is the rear bumper has a dent where i backed into a rock i didnt see. I got a body shop estimate on it and it would cost $240 to fix. It never really bothered me so i never got it repaired. Everything works great in this vehicle and the vehice runs very strong. Please call for any questions.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:24 AM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

What is the mileage? Probably get it for 14.5K. Audio hardware is a big upgrade overstock.

Not quite sure if I believe the intervals on the oil changes though.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:03 AM
AED55

Originally Posted by WXSigns
What is the mileage? Probably get it for 14.5K. Audio hardware is a big upgrade overstock.

Not quite sure if I believe the intervals on the oil changes though.

The Mileage is listed as 65,703. I believe you are right about the price. Kelly BB lists a price of $14,350 for a 2004 in excellent condition. Of course this doesn't include the mods he has added. Not really sure if it could actually be considered "excellent" condition since it has that damage to the rear bumper, which I doubt could be fixed for $250. Of course if this guy really is a Nissan service manager he may be able to get it fixed for this amount, which also makes me wonder why he didn't.

Yeah, the fluid change claims did seem rather suspicious to me too. If I pursue this further, I am going to verify the fact that he is actually a service manager for a Nissan dealer. The audio upgrades are OK, but I would never pay a premium price for them since I prefer the sound of a high performance engine being run through the gears, than anything coming from a high end audio system.