Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

How do I get MSRP in writing from my dealer??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 10:15 AM
ZThang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get MSRP in writing from my dealer??

My Z has yet to come and probably won't be here for awhile, and my dealer has told me I would be paying MSRP and no more, but I"m just worried that when it does come in my dealer will go back on his word and try to screw me when I have no choice.

How did others who already received their cars or others who have it in writing get it in writing?
Should I go to my dealer and get a contract or what?
Any help would be great.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:26 AM
Alang

Yes, its called a buyer's order, and during the pre-order program, it was a required piece of documentation to put the order in.

Talk to your sales guy and ask for a signed buyer's order that shows MSRP, destination, tax license and any other misc fees (california has a $5.00 tire fee ) and a TOTAL PRICE for delivery. Get this signed by the sales manager or the dealership manager.
Old 08-28-2002, 11:24 AM
k2we

Just came from my dealer and picked up my car's VIN number... It ends in T001890. The car has offically arrived in New Jersey and is planed for delivery in Westchester late next week..

As for the MSRP, the sales manager said that Nissan has been very strict on the pre-orders.. NO DEALER IS TO CHARGE ANYTHING ABOVE MSRP.. PERIOD... If they do, they will lose there alotment status.... Whatever that means...

Steve (k2we) Chrome Silver/Touring w/6 speed/Mats/Side curtain Air Bags..
Old 08-28-2002, 11:38 AM
abz123

The dealer should have written up a buyer's order....

It should show how much deposit you put down and how much is owed, model, color, etc....along with all other fees....

I know it's been a while but you had to sign it along with the saleman/sales manager....just call him up and tell him to fax you a copy.
Old 08-28-2002, 06:53 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Since I was reading so many posts from people stating that when they went to pick up the car the dealer tried everything to sneak in added charges. I sent the following e-mail to my dealer after hearing this:

Dan I was resending this just in case you didn't get it. I just read that another Z owner was screwed by his dealer on a $1000 "paint protection package" that no one told him about until he went to pick up his car. He said that the salesman was on his side but the sales manager is the one who is giving him a hard time.

Now, you have already acknowledged that NO EXTRA CHARGES will be waiting for me when I come to get the car. You said (via e-mail) that the FINAL COST of the car will be $37,632.04. That is after my $1000 deposit. This includes tax and title and all other charges.

I am holding you to YOUR WORD on this DAN. I am counting on your integrity! BUT, that may not be enough. I want you to get something IN WRITING from your sales manager stating that the above cost will be the FINAL COST of the car.

I have made arrangements for my pick up to be a festive event. A friend of mine is coming down with me. I'll have a digital camera to record the event, my Z key ring to put the keys on after you hand them to me (the joyous event recorded on film of course) and pictures of me driving it away. I have even burned a special 350Z cruising music CD to play on the way home. PLEASE, don't let some surprise charge or dispute ruin that for all of us!

I again would like you to refer to my "Letter to the Dealer". I want you to PRINT it out and show it to your sales manager. If you need another copy of it let me know and I'll send it again. I'm counting on you my friend! Don't let me down.

I need something IN WRITING from your sales manager with the above assurances. Please send them to me via fax ASAP 724-962-****.

Thank you so much Dan.

He responded later today that he would have his sales manager write something "official" and sign it and both fax it and send it US mail. Hopefully this will cover me.

Last edited by Dr Bonz; 08-28-2002 at 06:55 PM.