Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

350z that are sold by dealers...

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:21 PM
reverse01134

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z that are sold by dealers...

im looking for 04 or newer 350z under 70k miles.
I can spend $13000 for car.

and i found some 350z sold by dealers.
They are asking $13999 for 04 350z with 50k.

is it possible to deal with them to reduce the price under $13k?

and one more question,

the cars that are sold by dealers are all well maintained unless they have salvage title or been in accident? do they fix all problems before sell the car?

it's first time to buy a used car to me.
please help
Old 08-07-2009, 04:39 PM
marcus sanders

Yeah you can negotiate and also trys cars.com its worth the drive to find the right car
Old 08-07-2009, 04:45 PM
cubs4worldseris

Depending on the dealer, they may go down to your price of 13k if you give them the impression that you have the cash and are in a position to buy at that given day. I'm also in MD and I believe that when a dealer buys a used car at, for example, an auto auction (etc.), they fix everything on the car so that the car will pass the MD state inspection. Also, i'm sure a car with a salvaged title has been repaired properly and reinspected so that it can be resold or safely driven again.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:05 PM
JEKL

Originally Posted by reverse01134
im looking for 04 or newer 350z under 70k miles.
I can spend $13000 for car.

and i found some 350z sold by dealers.
They are asking $13999 for 04 350z with 50k.

is it possible to deal with them to reduce the price under $13k?

and one more question,

the cars that are sold by dealers are all well maintained unless they have salvage title or been in accident? do they fix all problems before sell the car?

it's first time to buy a used car to me.
please help
As far as the negotiation goes, it all depends on what they have in the car. They may have gotten an amazing deal on it at the auction one week. Or they may have put way too much into it when somone traded it in. I am working with a dealer right now and she flat out told me which cars are not good option because she is in over her head and can't cut me a good deal. She had others that were selling way below book value.

For fixing all the problems, I would say no!!! Yes they will make the car able to drive and pass inspection. And they will fix the bigger issues that will stop the car from selling. But I doubt they will drop the money into making every car in perfect shape mechanically.

Good luck on your negotiation.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:10 PM
quiksilver38

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you've got the cash i would offer someone 13k when they're asking 14-15k private party becuase dealers are usually over priced
Old 08-07-2009, 07:36 PM
DFW 350G

I know just the guy who will give you a great deal!....

Old 08-07-2009, 08:54 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Advertised prices are asking prices. They are flexible. Time and time again I recommend buyers show up with a fat roll of hundred dollar bills, and make an offer. Money talks - bull shiit walks.

Dealers sell good and bad cars. Remember that a dealer has a reputation to uphold, and wants you back again for your next car.

Warranty? Ask.

Last edited by davidv; 08-08-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:50 AM
duro78

Bottom line it depends how much they own the car for and how long its been in inventory....Dont listen to ppl when they say you should get x amount off the price. Dont listen to people when they say if you walk in with cash the last thing a dealer wants is for you to pay cash thats more reason to not negotiate because they wont make money on the financing and backend
Old 08-08-2009, 06:51 AM
joaks

Check out this site- http://www.carbuyingtips.com/ . It's very informative on the scams dealers use. A lot of it is common sense, but if your new at at dealing or if your like my step-granddad, and have bought 50 new cars in your lifetime, all at MSRP (or higher), you need to read this - every chapter.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:08 AM
JEKL

Originally Posted by duro78
Bottom line it depends how much they own the car for and how long its been in inventory....Dont listen to ppl when they say you should get x amount off the price. Dont listen to people when they say if you walk in with cash the last thing a dealer wants is for you to pay cash thats more reason to not negotiate because they wont make money on the financing and backend

Dealerships make a lot of money from financing. Even if they refer it out to a local bank, they usually get a point or so of the interest rate.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:26 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reverse01134

and one more question,

Cars sold by dealers are just merchandise to them. Unless its a Nissan dealer that has done all the service work on tht specific car, they know nothing about the maintenance history, and really don't care. Many, if not most, used cars on a dealer's lot were bought at auction.

Unless you personally know the previous owner and how he cred for a car, buyuing a used car is always a crapshoot.

bill

bill

Last edited by bailey bill; 08-09-2009 at 06:28 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:47 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Yes, you CAN negotiate. NO, I wouldn't trust them on "keeping it in good shape"; they try to invest as little as possible, whily trying to make as much profit as possible. If you can find a private owner selling one, that's your best bet (my case).
Old 08-12-2009, 05:46 PM
joaks

Bought mine private owner. Couldn't be happier. If you have the money or the financing, your in the driver's seat with this economy. In my case, I got the Z because the previous owner lost her job and her dad bought the car from her, put it in his garage and listed it on autotrader. Since she bought it brand new in Dec 08, I guarantee there was a 6-8k chunk of depreciation he swallowed for her. Some might say I took advantage of the situation, but he was the one who listed it for sell for well under what he had in it, and he took my offer for a bit less than that. Also, although his daughter lost her job, he was very rich. He ate that depreciation to keep her from losing her credit. There are lots of situations like that right now. Look around.