Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

interested in the 350z.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:38 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by poolguy
Hey, and a side note. I am not sure what your finances are but I would not spend more than half of your paycheck on a car. Car meaning monthly payments, gas, and insurance.
Half your paycheck? Do you know that if he tries to get a loan for his car that they won't approve HALF his paycheck? Sound advice would be for him to not take a loan out since his job is on an "on-call" basis at $7/hour and he is considering going back to school (a great idea!) in the fall. If he can save up the $10-12k it'll cost for a decent and used 350z, that's when he should buy something given his circumstances.

Originally Posted by mccune
if i lived at home and got a better job, i assumed i'd be able to afford a car payment. plus it would be fun to have the nicest car in school!
Don't assume. You don't want a car payment at your age. The only competition in school is for good grades and getting a good job when you're done. Plus, there is always someone who is spoiled by their parents and will have a nicer car. Likely there will be many of them.

Originally Posted by mccune
oh and, am i going to get flamed by a large percentage of members because of my age?
Only if you make stupid decisions by having $500/month in car payments, insurance, etc., and don't have a job to support it. Have you looked into how much insurance is on the 350Z? You'll be surprised - it is constantly in the top 10 for cost to insure. . . mostly because of a high crash rate due to the younger generation being able to afford them, speed with them, and crash them. Do you know how much a 60k service costs? Four new tires? Brake pads? Clutch job?
Old 08-31-2009, 04:12 PM
poolguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scotts300
Half your paycheck? Do you know that if he tries to get a loan for his car that they won't approve HALF his paycheck? Sound advice would be for him to not take a loan out since his job is on an "on-call" basis at $7/hour and he is considering going back to school (a great idea!) in the fall. If he can save up the $10-12k it'll cost for a decent and used 350z, that's when he should buy something given his circumstances.
I didnt say only spend half of your pay check to get a loan. I was just saying you do not want to spend more than half your pay check on a car. But I agree with you besides the "great idea" part .
Old 08-31-2009, 09:13 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I didnt say only spend half of your pay check to get a loan. I was just saying you do not want to spend more than half your pay check on a car. But I agree with you besides the "great idea" part .
Huh? You don't think that going back to school for a college education is a great idea?
Old 08-31-2009, 09:58 PM
poolguy

Originally Posted by scotts300
Huh? You don't think that going back to school for a college education is a great idea?
I was kidding, it is in some circumstances! But this is another topic not needed to be brought up in this thread.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:25 AM
*Boose*

I was kidding.
And this is why we hate immature people. We all know you were dead serious in that post.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:46 AM
poolguy

Originally Posted by NoWin
And this is why we hate immature people. We all know you were dead serious in that post.
Immature? I was kidding hence the little wink face (Maybe i chose the wrong one). But college is a time to grow and learn about yourself. You learn more than what is in the text book. Which is time management, social skills, orginization, etc. All things that you need in the real world...It was a joke and I personally would not call that immature.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:16 PM
mccune

you guys are even more harsh than the people on NECO...