Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

07/08 Z price from dealership

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 04:04 PM
dholmblad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07/08 Z price from dealership

Hello, I am fairly new to these forums and z cars as well. I have been looking at the 350z for about 4 months now. The only reason I am not an owner of a z already is my offers have been turned down. How long did it take you guys(or girls) to find your Z at the right price? I hear of people finding them for $18,000, where I have not found any in that range. Ive test driven a number of manual and automatic 07/08 cars as well as 05s. The vehicles I looked at most recently were both 08 with ~30-40k on them, and the dealer was not interested in a check for $22k. Am I just looking in the wrong market being from the dc area or what?.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Duckeee

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depends what trim miles etc, but 17-20 is around the ballpark to look at if youre going the dealership route. i got my 07 grand touring with 29k miles for 20k. they originally wanted 22k. just keep looking around.

also, dont fear the route of buying out of state. if you find one outta state then do research aboit the dealership to see if its worthwhile. then have em ship it for you. thats if youre ok with not test driving it and seeing it in person.
Old 06-22-2011, 04:25 PM
crowz

im on the same boat as the OP have been looking and did find one they wanted $19,800 for a 07 but i want to pay 17k-18k for the car i walked away because was not a fan of the color and wasnt sure if it was a base model or if it was higher is 18k realistic for a 07 euth,touring, or any other model other than base? i bet the OP might want to know this aswell
Old 06-22-2011, 04:29 PM
dholmblad

Just want leather seats and non base model, that has great looking exterior. Yeah Ive read a decent amount on these forums and seem people paying well under what I am looking to spend. Yeah I am going to go the dealership route. I started looking at g35S because I figured if I have to spend more that 22 to get a z I might as well go for a g35. I guess I will keep looking.

Last edited by dholmblad; 06-22-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:36 PM
Duckeee

Model Breakdown (2003-2004.5):

Base: 3.5L V6 with 287hp/274 ft-lbs of tq., 17" rims. Only available in 6-speed MT. No VLSD, cruise control.

Enthusiast: Added Cruise Control, HID headlights, Aluminum pedals, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, VLSD, and TCS. Available in either 6-speed MT or 5-speed AT.

Performance: Adds VDC , 18" rims (18"x8" all around). Only available with 6-speed MT.

Touring: Adds Leather seats w/ power adjust-ability, Bose sound system, and optional DVD Navigation. Available in either 6-speed MT or 5-speed AT.

Track: Adds 18" Rays Track Rims (18"x8" front, 18"x8.5" rear, approx. 18.3 lbs per rim), Brembo Big Brake Kit, underbody aero kit w/ rear hatch spoiler. Only available in 6-speed MT.

*Please note all automatic models Enthusiast up only had TCS, no VDC.

There were no major changes until the 2004.5 model, in which the suspension was changed slightly to help alleviate the "tire feathering" problem. I'm not sure the exact change, but there were some small changes in the suspension that seemed to help lessen the cases, though there were some still sporadically appearing.

The next major changes wouldn't come until 2005. Nissan introduced the "Rev-Up" 300hp/260tq variant of the VQ35. It was featured in the 2005 Track and 35th Anniversary models (6-speed MT only). Major changes included VTC on the exhaust cams, improved internals, higher redline, and modified lower plenum. Also, all models received a new, redesigned front suspension which appears to have helped to combat the problems with tire feathering.

The 35th Anniversary model that appeared in 2005 was a mesh of the Touring and Track model. It featured the same Brembo Brakes and 300hp motor of the Track model, but all the comfort amenities of the Touring such as leather, Bose sound system, and optional Navigation. It was available in 6-speed MT or 5-speed AT, though the AT received the 287hp/274tq engine and did not feature VDC, just TCS. The 35th Anniversary also feature unique 18" 5-spoke rims.

The Z received a small redesign on 2006 to both the car itself and to the model lineup. The car received a slight facelift with a subtly redesigned front bumper, new Bi-Xenon headlights, and LED tailights. Also, all 6-speed models except for the Track and Grand Touring were equipped with the 18" rims from the 2005 35th Anniversary (Enthusiast AT's get the 17" rims, Touring get the 2003-2005 18" Touring rims). Under the hood, all MT models recieved the 300hp/260tq Rev-Up motors. All AT models recieved the 287hp/274tq motors.

Inside, there were some spots of added aluminum trim, as well as new steering-wheel mounted audo controls in all Enthusiast-up models.

Model Breakdown (2006):

Base:Bi-xenon HID's, five-spoke 18" rims, 6-speed MT only. No VSLD or cruise control.

Enthusiast: Adds TCS, VLSD, Cruise Control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, aluminum pedals, Illuminated audio controls on steering wheel. Availble with MT or AT.

Performance: No longer exists in current lineup.

Touring: Adds VDC (manual only), Bose Audio w/ MP3 playback
capability, leather seats w/ power and heat. Available with MT or AT.

Track: Adds Brembo Braking system, underbody aero package, rear
hatch spoiler, lightweight Rays rims (18"x8.5" Front, 19x9.5" rear). MT only.

Grand Touring: Adds Brembo brakes and Rays Rims from Track model, underbody aero package, Bose sound system, and leather seats. Available with MT or AT.

*Please note all automatic models Enthusiast up only had TCS, no VDC.

In 2007, Nissan took the 350z another step forward and released the new HR model motor. Featuring a new twin-intake, variable valve-timing on the exhaust cams, a 7500RPM redline, the engine was claimed to be 80% new. 2007 also saw the demise of the Track model and replaced with the Nismo edition car, limited to a production run of 1500 cars. The Nismo edition featured a specially-engineered chassis welded to stiffen the chassis, a Nismo edition body kit (dubbed the V3, for version 3, since it was the third iteration of the Nismo body kit for the 350z), and limited edition Nismo exhaust tips (not the full exhaust). The suspension is also stiffer and more suited for a track, though it is still quite streetable.

Model Breakdown (2007-2008):

*All models received the new 306hp VQHR motor.*

Base:Bi-xenon HID's, 18" five-spoke rims, 6-speed MT only. No VSLD or cruise control.

Enthusiast: Adds TCS, VLSD, Cruise Control, Auto-dimming rearview mirror, aluminum pedals, Illuminated audio controls on steering wheel. Availble with MT or AT.

Touring: Adds VDC (manual only), Bose Audio w/ MP3 playback

Grand Touring: Adds Brembo brakes and Rays Rims from Track model, underbody aero package, Bose sound system, and leather seats. Available with MT or AT.

Nismo: Adds Brembo Braking system, factory-Nismo aero package, OEM Nismo suspension setup, lightweight Rays rims (18"x8.5" Front, 19x9.5" rear). MT only.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:07 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you have been shopping for a 350Z for a year, and do not have one, then its probably not for you.

Last edited by davidv; 05-27-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:05 PM
dholmblad

I'm not looking for or waiting for that once in a lifetime deal, I am willing to pay the value or the vehicle. Just hard to determine that when I see prices range from 28k-20k on cars.com and at dealerships I have visited. A lot of dealerships say they wont make deals over the phone and If I am more than 30 min away its hard to fit that into my busy schedule.
I guess I am looking for 07/08 touring or up with less that or about 30k miles on it with manual transmission.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:06 AM
davidv

Originally Posted by dholmblad
I'm not looking for or waiting for that once in a lifetime deal, I am willing to pay the value or the vehicle. Just hard to determine that when I see prices range from 28k-20k on cars.com and at dealerships I have visited. A lot of dealerships say they wont make deals over the phone and If I am more than 30 min away its hard to fit that into my busy schedule.
I guess I am looking for 07/08 touring or up with less that or about 30k miles on it with manual transmission.
Professional sales people have a keen sense of who is buying and who is window shopping. If you are making reasonable offers, I do not understand why they are rejected. Good luck shopping.

NOTE:

12 months and no Z this is window shopping. Thats a fact.

Last edited by davidv; 05-27-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:36 AM
dholmblad

Not window shopping, I make it very clear that I have a check for the amount I offer in hand. Thought about purchasing an 05 but the interior seems alot more cramped, did they push the dash out more in the 07/08?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Duckeee

keep in mind that not all Z's are supposed to be priced the same. they price the car based off of what they got it for, not nearly the fact of what they go for.

seems to me like your problem is the lack of Z's that fit your criteria in your area.

again, don't be afraid to expand and look for ones in the neighboring state and so on.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Bo's350Z

I have an 08 base 350z carbon silver w/ around 46,000miles on it. It's all stock never been modified. I know you looking for a touring w/ less then 30k miles, but I figured I throw it out there just incase you might be interested. Pm me if your interested.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Patrick250

Originally Posted by Duckeee

Model Breakdown (2007-2008):

Touring: Adds VDC (manual only, roadster TCS only), Bose Audio w/ MP3 playback
Correcton.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:01 PM
crowz

after reading the model breakdown im still slightly confused about whats the dead giveaway for the 07 350z to have the lsd from factory from what i can see if it has cruise control on the steering wheel it must have the lsd and it must be a enthusiast, and if it has a VDC which im assuming is labeled some where on the dash below the steering wheel its a touring and also has the lsd, is this correct? if not what are the easy ways to know if it has an lsd and is not a base model

as some have mentioned you dont want some dealer or anyone trying to pass a base model as touring
Old 06-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Patrick250

Originally Posted by crowz
after reading the model breakdown im still slightly confused about whats the dead giveaway for the 07 350z to have the lsd from factory from what i can see if it has cruise control on the steering wheel it must have the lsd and it must be a enthusiast, and if it has a VDC which im assuming is labeled some where on the dash below the steering wheel its a touring and also has the lsd, is this correct? if not what are the easy ways to know if it has an lsd and is not a base model

as some have mentioned you dont want some dealer or anyone trying to pass a base model as touring
Cruise control on the steering wheel is a good indication of factory LSD. I've never seen or read about any model with VDC or cruise control without factory LSD.

If you are looking for factory LSD the best way is to jack up the back end and turn the wheels in gear or park. There should be significant resistance to turning one wheel.

You can identify a VDC car by the nomenclature of the VDC/TCS off button by your left knee on the dash. The other way is to push it to oversteer and see if you feel the individual wheel brakes grabbing trying to point you in the right direction. This might freak the salesman/owner out though.

Keep in mind that the touring roadsters have TCS and not VDC. I think that the grand touring roadsters added VDC as well as a bunch of other stuff.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:26 PM
dholmblad

Yeah theres a good chance there just isnt a market for the z in this area. I feel like the mid east is one of the largest markets for BMWs.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:24 PM
dholmblad

went to a dealership to check out a 2008 black 350z with 32k miles on it. Was touring with nav, dont care all that much about nav I just want one with low miles and clean clean body. They had it listed online for $22900, tried to sell it to me @ 24900$ at first. I offered $22,000 out the door and was promptly turned down. Are my expectations ridiculous?
Old 07-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Eightonesix

I bought an 08 so-called "Enthusiast" (according to dealership window sticker, but I'm positive it was its a Base model) roughly this time last year. Local dealers here pretty much wanted retail book value and wasn't very negotiable about it so I went online. It wasn't so much the money-I just won't buy a big ticket item unless I feel like I got a killer deal on it. I found it online on autotrader listed for $23995 with only 4400 miles on it with clean carfax. The car was pretty much in "new" condition inside and out, even under the hood seemed untouched-super clean down to the wheels and tires.

I'm in Kansas City and the car was in Detroit at a Nissan dealership. Talked to a salesman over the phone and made a lowball offer of $19000. We went back and forth for over an hour and settled on $20995+full tank of gas for the drive home (took me 2 more fill-ups though). They made me put a $1200 credit card deposit over the phone that day to show I was serious about it. Had them FedEx overnight all the paper work to me so I could have that all done when i go to pick up the car. I booked a flight for the following day after I got the paperwork, told the dealership what time to pick me up at airport. Gave them their cash and paperwork and I was leaving detroit about 15 minutes after arriving at the dealership. Left KC early morning and made it back home that evening just after dark.

All in all, don't be afraid to search online from coast to coast. Call around making lowball offers, eventually one will give you a good deal. Don't forget to use carfax or similar service. I think I spent like under $300 total for 1-way flight plus gas and food/drinks and got my Z for under $5K below retail book value at the time plus the long drive back on empty highway stretches was a bonus. Oh, another Nissan dealership in VA called me back 2 days later on a 07 Touring they had listed for $21995 with 17K miles on it. When I spoke to them several days prior, they didn't want to negotiate but was now willing to accept my $17200 offer but it was too late.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:00 AM
davidv

went to a dealership to check out a 2008 black 350z with 32k miles on it. Was touring with nav, dont care all that much about nav I just want one with low miles and clean clean body. They had it listed online for $22900, tried to sell it to me @ 24900$ at first. I offered $22,000 out the door and was promptly turned down. Are my expectations ridiculous?
An out-the-door offer forces the seller to do some reverse arithmetic to arrive at a sale price. I do not like the idea.

Online prices can get ridiculous. Often small print at the bottom of the page will read

*After $2,000 guaranteed trade-in.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:08 AM
davidv

A lot of dealerships say they wont make deals over the phone
True. And as a seller I will not close a sale on the telephone. You must be in front of me ready to buy.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Nick Mystic

When I bought my 2006 350Z Grand Touring coupe back in February it had 43,500 miles and was in absolutely pristine condition - not a single parking lot ding or scratch on it. One owner with an extended warranty and not a single claim while he owned the car. I negotiated an $18,500 OTD price, which I thought was a fair price. I think what helped was the fact that I brought in information from another dealer on a similar car at a lower price than they were asking. I had the salesman look the other car up online while I was at his desk and asked him to explain the price discrepancy, which he couldn't do.

I had done my homework and knew the other car was a lower level model (base) vs. their GT and the other car had 10k more miles and wasn't in as good of condition. Also the dealer I was negotiating with thought their car was an Enthusiast level model, rather than the Grand Touring model it actually was. We got to within $800 of my offer and then I told them I was going to go look at the other car and that I might be back later if I didn't buy it. At that point the sales manger who had been listening in came over and said, "You're telling me you'll sign papers today if we go with $18,500 OTD?"

I assured him I was ready to sign on the dotted line and the rest is history. I drove the car home that night.
Attached Thumbnails 07/08 Z price from dealership-img_0156a.jpg  

Quick Reply: 07/08 Z price from dealership