Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

probable owner, not sure if i found a deal or not

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:19 PM
mrmotobiker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default probable owner, not sure if i found a deal or not

hey guys!

i'm new to this forum and generally new to this car. i found a 2004 350z touring roadster in the bay area for 15k with 38k miles.

the car looks solid and very clean. minimal scratches and some slight wear on the driver seat. it's the darker silver with burnt orange leather perforated seats. it's supposedly the "touring" model and has the heated seats option. the top looks pretty clean, no holes but some wear on it throughout the years. the carfax came up good too.

do you think this is a good deal or is this too much? also, what would you look for when buying this? i noticed the "service engine light" is on, but i hear the 350z is notorious for a sensitive emissions system. would you trust a carfax they provided or would you rather just pay for your own?

thanks ahead for help!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:33 PM
pcressey

Deal or No Deal?: http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2004/...dard-Equipment

In regards to the SES (Service Engine Soon) light... usually only see this pop on after mods, most typically after test pipes (catalytic converter deletes) have been installed. You can buy a code reader at Autozone for $50, pull the code(s), and see what is going on.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by mrmotobiker
hey guys!

i'm new to this forum and generally new to this car. i found a 2004 350z touring roadster in the bay area for 15k with 38k miles.

the car looks solid and very clean. minimal scratches and some slight wear on the driver seat. it's the darker silver with burnt orange leather perforated seats. it's supposedly the "touring" model and has the heated seats option. the top looks pretty clean, no holes but some wear on it throughout the years. the carfax came up good too.

do you think this is a good deal or is this too much? also, what would you look for when buying this? i noticed the "service engine light" is on, but i hear the 350z is notorious for a sensitive emissions system. would you trust a carfax they provided or would you rather just pay for your own?

thanks ahead for help!
I've got the same model but an,03.Same color(silverstone)and interior.
The SE light could mean anything.Is the car all stock?No mods?I don't know what you mean on a "sensitive" emission system.Could be in CA.?
Get the code checked out.Could be just resetting your system.Disconnect
the negative pole on the battery for awhile(overnite),reconnect.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:46 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome. 35,000 miles is a winner. Go for it. NOTE: Have the seller fix the light first.

Last edited by davidv; 08-26-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:44 PM
mrmotobiker

thanks, guys! i think it's going to be a deal, just waiting now. the car is at a dealership, apparently the service engine light is due to a failure of a "gas chamber valve". anyone ever heard of this? i've worked on cars, but never heard of that. the owner is getting it replaced as we speak, but may not be until the long weekend is over =/

the car doesn't have any mods and is owned by one owner only, an almost middle aged woman - which is a big plus since she hardly ever drives it. crossing my fingers that it'll be fixed by tomorrow!
Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 PM
mrmotobiker

guys, i bought it!
Old 09-04-2011, 08:18 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase. Be sure to post in the New Owners section.