Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

iZNUB

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:13 PM
SIMPLICI7Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iZNUB

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and just curious what you guys think on which Z should I buy. It's about time u get one but the question is, of which is better in your point of view, manual or auto.

I found a 08 model with 68K for 19g and is an auto. The second I found is an 03 but with 91K on it and is manual. The point being should I get the auto or manual? In terms or year model and issues it may have and also the km's it racked up.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Itz_Gizzy

its entirely up to you. Will you be more happy having to shift every gear, really feeling the power of your car as you shift from gear to gear whenever you want. Or would you rather be able to multitask and casually drive your car, not worrying about rolling into someone on a steep hill.

all in personal preference. As for years, i would shoot for 07+. They have the more powerful HR motor, as well as some aesthetic touches, such as LED taillights and bi-xenon projector headlights. Dont be afraid to shop around as well, as sometimes the best deals arent in your own backyard.

Good luck, and let us know if you have any questions!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:45 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd probably opt for the 08.On the MT vs AT,simply a matter of preferance.If you want
to get the best power out of each shift,you are completely in control of whwt the car is doing,get the MT.If youare like your screen name(SIMPLICZ)get the AT.Are you the only driver?Got a wife/girlfriend that may drive the Z?AT may be best for you.Or,you just dont want the hassle of shifting while you doing all that texting(illigal in this state!).
I;ve got a 03 Touring AT...fine for me since my wife drives it.Furthermore,if you check the posts on this forum,don't see many reports of AT problems.MT/clutch problems,all the time.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:00 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Manual all the way
Old 11-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Bober'z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get a 07+ in manual and you wont ever look back
Old 11-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Chako135

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MT...Z in AT = fail
Old 11-06-2011, 08:39 AM
SIMPLICI7Y

Originally Posted by JCITY
I'd probably opt for the 08.On the MT vs AT,simply a matter of preferance.If you want
to get the best power out of each shift,you are completely in control of whwt the car is doing,get the MT.If youare like your screen name(SIMPLICZ)get the AT.Are you the only driver?Got a wife/girlfriend that may drive the Z?AT may be best for you.Or,you just dont want the hassle of shifting while you doing all that texting(illigal in this state!).
I;ve got a 03 Touring AT...fine for me since my wife drives it.Furthermore,if you check the posts on this forum,don't see many reports of AT problems.MT/clutch problems,all the time.
I dont mind AT just thinking of the car in the long run since I do live close to the center of the city where sometimes traffic is an issue.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:43 AM
SIMPLICI7Y

Originally Posted by Itz_Gizzy
its entirely up to you. Will you be more happy having to shift every gear, really feeling the power of your car as you shift from gear to gear whenever you want. Or would you rather be able to multitask and casually drive your car, not worrying about rolling into someone on a steep hill.

all in personal preference. As for years, i would shoot for 07+. They have the more powerful HR motor, as well as some aesthetic touches, such as LED taillights and bi-xenon projector headlights. Dont be afraid to shop around as well, as sometimes the best deals arent in your own backyard.

Good luck, and let us know if you have any questions!
Being able to have an option of multitasking is always nice. I have been looking around I found some good Z's for under 13g but with great deals comes fast sales, and they sold before I could even get to the dealership. Also might I add the 03 model was imported from States and condition so far since its not ready for gallery viewing was that it was "babied" but the salesman didnt know about the engine or when the last time the clutch had been changed so that worried me. I'm still waiting for a phone call so I can actually check out the 03 in person and test drive it.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:01 AM
ebadai98

Originally Posted by Bober'z
get a 07+ in manual and you wont ever look back
This
Old 11-07-2011, 06:27 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Here we go....drive both....choose one...nough said
Old 11-17-2011, 09:04 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Not going to go with the

auto versus manual

debate. Been done 100 times. Get what best suits your needs.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:14 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by SIMPLICI7Y

I found a 08 model with 68K for 19g and is an auto. The second I found is an 03 but with 91K on it and is manual.
Which did you choose?
Old 02-22-2012, 05:19 PM
davidv

Nothing happening here folks. Move along.