Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Greater Chicago Motors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 10:03 PM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Greater Chicago Motors?

Anybody have any experience dealing with them? They have what appears to be a clean 2008 350Z Nismo at a competitive price, based on what I've seen on the internet.

They appear to be a fairly large used car dealership, sell alot of higher end vehicles. Aggressive pricing appears to be a hallmark of their dealership. Reviews are mixed: one site had almost nothing but positive reviews (and had the most reviews), there were a small handful of negative reviews on other sites like Yelp, but only 1 or 2 and they were mostly older.

Also, the Carfax on the particular Nismo they have shows "corporate ownership" for 2.5 years? any idea what that means?

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:36 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Company lease

Originally Posted by NismoDude
Anybody have any experience dealing with them? They have what appears to be a clean 2008 350Z Nismo at a competitive price, based on what I've seen on the internet.

They appear to be a fairly large used car dealership, sell alot of higher end vehicles. Aggressive pricing appears to be a hallmark of their dealership. Reviews are mixed: one site had almost nothing but positive reviews (and had the most reviews), there were a small handful of negative reviews on other sites like Yelp, but only 1 or 2 and they were mostly older.

Also, the Carfax on the particular Nismo they have shows "corporate ownership" for 2.5 years? any idea what that means?

Thanks!
"Corporate ownership" may be that the car was leased by a company,
driven for business purposes(a Nismo as a company car?Must be nice!).
Or,it just could mean that the car was registered under the name of
a company.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:36 AM
SlowNFurious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From another forum:

"Corporate vehicle can also be a corporate lease. For example, I work at Nissan and as an employee, I can lease a vehicle at a discounted rate for a set period of time. After that time is up, I am able to choose between keeping the vehicle and purchasing it or it is sold to the public via auction or dealership."

A quick search of that dealerships name plus the words "scam" or "ripoff" didn't turn up anything. They seem to have good reviews for a used car dealership. Its the ones that change names every couple months you have to watch out for.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Blu Hvn

If you haven't already you might want to post on chicagoZ.com or the other Chicago site...windycityZ?

The reviews do look good for this dealership. There's always someone who doesn't have a happy experience regardless of who's at fault.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:19 PM
nexlar

Well, I don't have an experience with them but I heard lot about them.