Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Picking up my first Z!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsPajamaTime
So the 350z has always been my dream car. Probably because of Tokyo Drift, anyways, I've grown to still love the car and have been driving my moms suv that I bought when I was 17. I'm 21 now and I'm ready for something more my style. I've been looking around the past couple months for the right one. I finally found what I've been looking for and have visited several times to drive the car and check it out. Im no mechanic or car wiz but i know what i'm looking for. It's a black 2005 Enthusiast with about 95k on her. Theres a couple little things here and there that need fixin up but i'm prepared to finally put some work and care into my car, as it will repay me in more hp...

Upgrades include:
SPEC stage 2 clutch & lightweight flywheel, Nismo bearings & clutch fork, injen tuned cold air intake, new front & back wagner thermoquiet ceramic brake pads, new rotors, royal purple full synthetic oil, new Dayco belts, new air filter, ngk plugs, all new fluids, kenwood flip out kvt-514, L7 12" Kicker in custom box, Garmin GPS in Visor (w/lifetime maps)!! Crown royal shift boot, suede headliner.

Also the running boards are blue. He said he was going to paint them back but it looks kinda cool. I agree, but still debating on painting them black.

It's a private seller not far from my house and he had it up for sale for $11500
We came to the agreement of $10,800 and he took out the kenwood flip screen. But hes replaced it with a jvc single din, which im ok with temporarily.

The only things I don't like about it are:
The tires are kinda bald..oh well
The hatchback hydraulics that hold it up are shot.
Theres a huge sub box in the trunk leaving no space for anything. And its not carpeted. (I plan on building a better, smaller box, on the other side of that crossbar thing in the back. Closer to the drivers seat, and hopefully I can make it fit.)
The passenger door handle doesnt open from the outside so ill have to buy a new handle and replace that. Cuz that's just annoying.

Otherwise, the car drives great and I can't wait to go pick her up in a couple days.

So my question to all of you veterans of the Z world, do you think this is a decent deal? Because in my opinion, and all the looking ive done for the right one, I believe this is a pretty solid deal considering the clean title, very clean condition inside and out and overall upgrades-to-price ratio. Let me know what you think. I need an outside opinion from someone with experience in this field of awesomeness, thanks!

I'm trying to post pics!
Originally Posted by ItsPajamaTime
Hey my350z.com forums wanna see my new 350z that I just bought and am super stoked about!?

Sure we'll tell you how much it sucks!

thankssss dooooodz.

You ask, you get honest answers, then you get upset because it's not what you wanted to hear... right...
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 PM
ItsPajamaTime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idc dude...i just know these peple replying are making their decision based off of mostly stereotypes and whatever bad things i told them about the car...If i didnt say any of that bad stuff i probably wouldve got nothing but positive feedback. but whatever. its useless info regardless.. Btw its just the rear tires that need changing...and theyve got a good 4-6 months left on them anyways.
The plastidip was peeled off, and side skirts are getting painted within next few days as well.
Back to the original stock look.
and the project begins..
Old 09-14-2013, 08:04 PM
ItsPajamaTime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

So its been a little over two weeks now since ive had the car. I absolutely love it. I originally bought this car planning on driving it for a couple years but after two weeks in this thing, I dont think I can ever let it go. Its SO FUN to drive, oh my god. Takes off effortlessly, and has given me the satisfaction in power and torque that ive been craving for so long.
Anyways, had my mechanic look thoroughly at it and he says it looks great.
-Threw on some fresh rubbers.
-Painted the blue side skirts back to the original black, and repainted the front bumper because of all the paint chips. (Car looks brand new from outside!)
-Put in the Pioneer AVH-x4500, and got rid of the huge sub box in the back.
-Fixed the passanger door and replaced hatch struts
-Replaced factory interior lights with bright LED's/Blue LED's in foot well
-20% tint on tail lights

I still walk outside like everyday and can't believe its mine. haha
Here's a few updated pics from the outside.
Attached Thumbnails Picking up my first Z!!-img_1034.jpg   Picking up my first Z!!-img_1035.jpg   Picking up my first Z!!-img_1049.jpg  

Last edited by ItsPajamaTime; 09-14-2013 at 08:12 PM.