Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Going to see it tomorrow, anything I should look out for?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:59 AM
radiocrash

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Syner
LOL Wrong.

We regularly get 6"-1' at a time. I have 3.5-4' on my front lawn right now.

My Jeep and truck have no issues both in and out of 4-wheel (RWD).
My GF's Hyundai Accent does perfectly fine (FWD).
My dad has had a Magnum for years without a problem as well (RWD).

Sounds like you don't know how to drive.
I didn't say that I had any issues driving? Lol. How can you argue that I don't know how to drive when I'm stating that I know how to drive through snow.

I was saying that cars typically don't drive well over 6 inches of snow. I guess you're a snow-driving God. It must just melt right under your tires.

Last edited by radiocrash; 12-21-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by radiocrash
I didn't say that I had any issues driving? Lol.

I was saying that cars typically don't drive well over 6 inches of snow. I guess you're a snow-driving God. It must just melt right under your tires.
No. I just know how to drive.

Me:

You:

Any questions?
Old 12-21-2013, 11:09 AM
radiocrash

Originally Posted by Syner
No. I just know how to drive.

Me:

You:

Any questions?
Nah you're obviously a pro driver and way out of my league. I better not ask any questions, Stig.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

That's what I thought

Old 12-23-2013, 12:11 AM
gotoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to post some more pictures of it. Haven't even gotten the time to wash it due to finishing school projects and work, but I think it's still beautiful.

Have to wait until Tuesday to get plates and register.

Last edited by gotoel; 12-23-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:58 AM
radiocrash

very nice..i'm sure the wait is making you anxious lol
Old 12-28-2013, 10:11 PM
gotoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE: I LOVE THIS CAR!
Finally drove it everywhere ( after my father adjusted the clutch pedal to remove that extra "springage" )

But yeah, sounds ****ing great, looks great ( haven't washed it yet though, very disappointed in myself about that. )

Here's a picture of a Miata that parked next to the Z. Again, it's dirty, but rain is coming tomorrow:

Old 12-29-2013, 12:17 AM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Gotoe, congratulations on your new car. The Z has a very high clutch pedal engagement point and I can understand your father’s desire to lower the pedal to make it mimic other cars. The only adjustment available is to lengthen the pedal-to-master cylinder pushrod. Lengthen the rod too much and the pressure it puts on the master cylinder will not allow the clutch to fully engage causing a small amount of slippage as you drive. A fair amount of free play must remain on the pushrod to prevent this over the fluid temp range. Lots of people have overdone this adjustment to their peril.

A vendor on this site (use the search function) makes and sells the RJM Adjustable Clutch Pedal Kit. It has great reviews and is the best way for your father to setup the clutch pedal to his liking.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Chromatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jennifer 2
Gotoe, congratulations on your new car. The Z has a very high clutch pedal engagement point and I can understand your father’s desire to lower the pedal to make it mimic other cars. The only adjustment available is to lengthen the pedal-to-master cylinder pushrod. Lengthen the rod too much and the pressure it puts on the master cylinder will not allow the clutch to fully engage causing a small amount of slippage as you drive. A fair amount of free play must remain on the pushrod to prevent this over the fluid temp range. Lots of people have overdone this adjustment to their peril.

A vendor on this site (use the search function) makes and sells the RJM Adjustable Clutch Pedal Kit. It has great reviews and is the best way for your father to setup the clutch pedal to his liking.

First glad to see you getting everything together, .. you will be happy with the car for a long time. Just try to take it easy on that clutch,.. unless you have a few grand saved for repairs .. As with any sports car it can cost some money to maintain, whether it's new tires,.. clutch.. brakes. etc.. But it's not as bad as some people make it out to be, esp. if you can do some of the stuff yourself (ie: Brakes)..

Did want to chime in on this clutch adjustment,.. I just adjusted mine two days ago,.. and beyond it being a pain in the butt getting my broad shoulders and big hands in there to put that pin back in.. I marked the adjustment rod, and rotated it two turns clockwise. Got back in the car and pushed the clutch in and out listening for the throwout bearing -- It was engaging, (throwout bearing noise stopping).. and then disengaging throwout noise starting... but something didn't feel right to me.. The gear box (shifter) in these cars is a little clunky in these cars anyway so you can't really gauge it on that attribute alone.. as you will notice with the car off you can shift it into all gears just like you had the clutch in driving.

But, I didn't feel comfortable with it adjusted,.. I imagined the clutch plate not being pulled out from the fly-wheel far enough .. so I just twisted it back to where it was, 2 turns back counter-clockwise.. and put it back together. (30-40 minutes of basically failing to get that stupid pin back in .. but eventually you always manage to make it work.)

Point is.. while my adjustment was probably just fine,.. I can't visually see whats going on,.. and others have adjusted and caused premature wear. So just keep an eye.. or rather 'ear' on it.

It DID feel much better with a lower engagement,.. I'll have to look into that kit.

I see you got your plates.. great job,.. she's legal!