Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

To buy or not to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 09:40 PM
seouljab0y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question To buy or not to buy?

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=105926242

It's a beautiful car (excluding some interior wear & tear), it's under the general 12K-15K mileage rule and it's cheap as hell. The only thing I'm worried about is that Carfax says it has 20 reports. Carfax reports can be anything from an oil change to totaling the **** out of your car or just how many people have owned it. I haven't paid for one yet because I wanted your guys' opinions and not waste money on a car that could be worthless. I was wondering that no matter how much damage a car has been through, is it still just as good brand new if it's restored? If so, I sure as hell don't mind all the accidents. Thanks guys!
Old 04-17-2015, 01:51 AM
dSpaceman

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I hope you have a good reason for looking into an automatic one, but anyways...

If you're serious about buying the car, get the carfax report. Personally, I would steer clear of this car if it really has twenty reports, be it an accident or not (with the listed price, it most likely is). Biggest problem with that is the resell value. Unless you plan on keeping this vehicle forever, you want to be able to sell it to another person further down the road, and usually people prefer cars with clean title, no accidents.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:59 AM
Pengu

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by dSpaceman

If you're serious about buying the car, get the carfax report. Personally, I would steer clear of this car if it really has twenty reports, be it an accident or not (with the listed price, it most likely is). Biggest problem with that is the resell value. Unless you plan on keeping this vehicle forever, you want to be able to sell it to another person further down the road, and usually people prefer cars with clean title, no accidents.
Those reports could be all services done to it (windshield wipers, fluid changes, etc). OP get the carfax report and look at that, if you're happy with it, buy it.
Old 04-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Jennifer 2

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Seouljaboy, every car lot and used car broker has a subscription to Carfax as well as AutoCheck and other resources. You can be sure they have already checked the title and history of this car. Ask them to provide at least a Carfax report when you inspect the car. If they don’t comply, or make a bunch of excuses, that will tell you a lot about the quality of the business you’re dealing with.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:41 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 442 Likes on 358 Posts

dAt window tint yo. That being said I'll sell you my single turbo 03 350z(5spd) for the same price with non bubbling window tint

Last edited by iideadeyeii; 04-17-2015 at 12:42 PM. Reason: dat window tint yo
Old 04-17-2015, 12:44 PM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
dAt window tint yo. That being said I'll sell you my single turbo 03 350z(5spd) for the same price with non bubbling window tint
#builtnotbought
Old 04-17-2015, 01:12 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

damn... look at those seats.

Based on the photos, I doubt the 20 reports are all minor occurences. I would stay away from a car that was neglected like that.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:19 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,059 Likes on 6,523 Posts

look like freddy krueger been in there, btw that is not SOME wear and tear... that is a lot
Old 04-17-2015, 04:37 PM
seouljab0y

Originally Posted by travlee
look like freddy krueger been in there, btw that is not SOME wear and tear... that is a lot
Well, I was gonna get it restored anyway. Idk how much that would be if you don't mind informing me. If it's over a couple grand, I'd just look at another 350Z, but if it's about a grand or so, I don't mind restoring it.

Originally Posted by iideadeyeii
Are you ok with me financing and just starting out with credit? ;D

Originally Posted by dSpaceman

I don't mind the manual. It's just I haven't driven a stick yet and idk if it's worth the switch. I don't plan on keeping this exact one for more than a 3-5 years since the mileage is so high and then I'll get either a lower mileage 350z or a 370z. I don't mind the accidents unless it will affect the performance down the road.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:42 PM
travlee
Master

it really depends on the quality you want... there are many threads on here about different covers you can get.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:01 PM
bith8791

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

seouljab0y, this z is on a lot down the road from my house, I have looked at it personally out of curiosity, steer clear of it, if you want help, I am in the area and generally know a good z when I see one.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:11 AM
seouljab0y

Originally Posted by bith8791
seouljab0y, this z is on a lot down the road from my house, I have looked at it personally out of curiosity, steer clear of it, if you want help, I am in the area and generally know a good z when I see one.
Alright man. Thanks for the heads up. I was getting pretty skeptical about it. I'd love some help looking for one lol. One that isn't TOO much. It's just something I want for a few years and then maybe an upgrade to a Nismo or a 370z. I just need one soon because I'm tired of having to share a car and being late for school and work.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:48 AM
seouljab0y

Originally Posted by bith8791
http://www.astanausedcars.com/2005_N...249070725.veh#

Here's a different one. Is it worth it? I searched the VIN and a salvage link was the first thing that showed and I clicked the link and I came to find out that it was a salvaged car. Does that make a huge difference performance wise or is it going to be problem after problem down the road?

EDIT: Never mind. I see that salvaged cars are a no go. It's gonna be almost impossible to insure.

Last edited by seouljab0y; 04-18-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:51 AM
turboed350z

Restoring a z is NOT a cheap job. Infact, ANYTHING z related is not cheap. You want cheap, go yota, honda or domestic. Z are not cheap.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:14 AM
seouljab0y

Originally Posted by turboed350z
Restoring a z is NOT a cheap job. Infact, ANYTHING z related is not cheap. You want cheap, go yota, honda or domestic. Z are not cheap.
I'm not looking for cheap restoration. I don't mind dishing out money for a Z. As long as it isn't a **** ton of money to restore it. It's definitely a car that deserves the money and effort put into it.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:15 PM
travlee
Master

why restore one when you can spend that money to get a nice one?
Old 04-18-2015, 01:20 PM
seouljab0y

why restore one when you can spend that money to get a nice one?
I found one that's a few thousand more and in great condition except someone modded out the driver's side cupholders but oh well. It's worth it. Plus the carfax has no reports of any incidents. Only updates and a radio replacement. Plus it's an '05 so no worrying about oil consumption lol. Here's a link if you guys think it's worth that price.

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...6854/overview/
Old 04-18-2015, 01:26 PM
travlee
Master

the crap he put on the dash and that tail almost made me spit out my beer. i think the price is too high for it. i sold my hr with about 6k (prob more) in parts on it, about the same miles, for a couple grand more than that car......
Old 04-18-2015, 01:32 PM
seouljab0y

the crap he put on the dash and that tail almost made me spit out my beer. i think the price is too high for it. i sold my hr with about 6k (prob more) in parts on it, about the same miles, for a couple grand more than that car......
I was skeptical about the spoiler at first but it's grown on me but I have to agree with you on that dash. I can just remove that though. There honestly are not that many 350z's in a 250 mile radius of me so I have a limited range. Plus I was just gonna haggle the dealer. Maybe a couple thousand if I'm lucky. But that is a great deal man. I wish I would've known about that when I was in the market :P
Old 04-18-2015, 03:31 PM
turboed350z

Just so you know, i bought my second z, it was missing the coin holder. Cargo net, and new tail lights. and needed the cup holder fix. These are minor stuff that added up to over 300 bucks. The cargo net was 40, the coin holder was 80 bucks. The cup holder, i was able to get it for 30. The tail lights, new oem were 150.

The parts for the 350z are not cheap. Spend the extra few thousands, travel a bit and get one that has no problems. Itll be worth it.

Quick Reply: To buy or not to buy?