if its automatic than its not a good deal at any price

pass
I never learned how to drive stick
Old 11-06-2015, 02:56 PM
bith8791

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by True_Italiano
You might to steer clear of a sports car then but if you must, steer clear of this one, you can find very low mileage, stock, 1-owner (typically a 50+yo female hairdresser) z with the 5AT for cheap.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:27 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by True_Italiano
I wouldn't recommend learning to drive a stick with a z because they are fussy. But I would recommend you pick up a beater truck like an s10 or ranger thats a 5 speed and learn how to drive a standard before you get any sports car... It will make it much more enjoyable.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:30 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
I wouldn't recommend learning to drive a stick with a z because they are fussy. But I would recommend you pick up a beater truck like an s10 or ranger thats a 5 speed and learn how to drive a standard before you get any sports car... It will make it much more enjoyable.
That's why he wants this auto. car.

OK, I'm a purist as well, but I don't see what all the fuss is about if someone wants to drive an automatic, Z or otherwise. His/her car and maybe driving one with an automatic makes more sense to them anyways.... ever drive in Silicon Valley bumper bumper stuff? My left leg (and clutch) take extraordinary wear and tear.

Yes, I lament the fact that there are FAR more cars with auto transmissions these days and I declared "the end is near " when I found out the Nismo Z34 was to be offered with automatic but, whatever floats one's boat and keeps the legacy of the Z alive is OK with me.
The following users liked this post:
WYZIWYG (11-07-2015)
Old 11-07-2015, 08:57 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo

OK, I'm a purist as well, but I don't see what all the fuss is about if someone wants to drive an automatic, Z or otherwise. His/her car and maybe driving one with an automatic makes more sense to them anyways.... ever drive in Silicon Valley bumper bumper stuff? My left leg (and clutch) take extraordinary wear and tear.

Yes, I lament the fact that there are FAR more cars with auto transmissions these days and I declared "the end is near " when I found out the Nismo Z34 was to be offered with automatic but, whatever floats one's boat and keeps the legacy of the Z alive is OK with me.
I would just imagine their would be a regrets going with an automatic... And if I didn't learn how to drive a standard before I was old enough to drive I would want to learn...

Im sure the automatic is fine. Its hard finding a standard but their are an abundance of old 5 speed trucks...

4 cylinder, 5 speed, rear wheel drive and perfect for learning... O and inexpensive, I just got a new caliper for my s10 for $18 lol
Old 11-07-2015, 12:16 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo

The "standard" vs "auto" threads were legendary back in this forum's heyday. We'd get at least 4-5 per month.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:20 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,049 Likes on 6,515 Posts

my first car was a manual, a majority of my cars have been. here lately been driving my mom's juke (she had back surgery and back and fortb a lot.... better mpg) and i have to say, i don't mind sitting in traffic.... move right foot and that is it. in the vette, its right foot, left foot, right arm... wears ya out.

i am, and always will believe that a sports car should be manual. the first 350z i drove was an auto, and it was pretty fun, just not my thing