dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Or double down and get Mics car.
https://my350z.com/forum/zs-and-gs-f...n-jose-ca.html
Old 01-08-2016, 03:47 PM
lcmenair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aside from the additional bodyshell welds, bracing, and tachometer clock face (lol), the Nismo does nothing for me. I cant put this any other way, but the body kit is heinous. I know it's functional, but heinous all the same. That being said, that is a beautifully kept example and I'm sure he will sell it for every penny he asking. Now, somebody sell me there 07/08 base in the same condition for $14k. :P
Old 01-08-2016, 04:24 PM
PP08HR

Received 96 Likes on 65 Posts

I got my 08 base 6mt for 15.5k. was super clean with 52k on it. That was from a dealer, had brand new tires though!

I seriously took about a year and a half before I found her. I almost bought an 06 with 80k for the same price a month earlier because I am a dumbass,
Old 01-08-2016, 05:28 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by lcmenair
Aside from the additional bodyshell welds, bracing, and tachometer clock face (lol), the Nismo does nothing for me. I cant put this any other way, but the body kit is heinous. I know it's functional, but heinous all the same. That being said, that is a beautifully kept example and I'm sure he will sell it for every penny he asking. Now, somebody sell me there 07/08 base in the same condition for $14k. :P
That all said, I would recommend you consider at least an Enthusiast or Performance model. The dealers don't know them as any different from a base, IMO.

While the VLSD of the stock cars aren't considered to be great, unless your first and immediate mod is a Quaife, having the stock VLSD is perfectly adequate for any of the roads in the Bay Area. There is nothing that demanding on Redwood Rd or Grizzly Peak that requires a Quaife 1.5.

2 cents....

Mic
Old 01-09-2016, 10:48 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Very likely correct - just pays to be an educated buyer nonetheless. And the VLSD truly isn't as bad as some here make it out to be. For me, it was quite a reasonable stop-gap until the Quaife was installed in my base car. Good luck selling the Nismo, and if I was looking, that would be one to consider.
Old 01-09-2016, 08:57 PM
hhhh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just pick up an immaculate 08 touring with 35k miles for 15k three weeks ago. Has brand new tires as well. The car you described can't be worth more than 12.5 k

I think they really want to sell me this car. They have called me several times despite their initial "this car won't last long!" tactic. I'm thinking about offering 13.5k and see what they say. Do you think that's a fair amount for a reasonably clean '08 with 71k miles? The tricky thing is how I can get them to get an independent inspection of the oil pressure gauge/sending unit. Anyone have any experience in dealing with such issues?
Old 01-10-2016, 04:41 PM
lcmenair

I offered them 13k and the guy basically hung up on me. Pretty pathetic salesmanship. Kept going on about market value trumping blue book value, even though they are very high compared to both. Today I noticed they took the price down to $13,999. We'll see if they call back this week. I told him if he changes his mind to give me a call.

In other news, I found a very clean white car with a little bit more miles for $12.6k. So I know there are good cars out there for reasonable prices. Going to hold out a little longer, I'm in no rush.
Old 01-10-2016, 09:42 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

I'd offer $11K if you get a call back. You can't get emotionally attached to any car in this circumstance, as there is always another one out there, contrary to what the dealer will tell you.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:23 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,291 Likes on 895 Posts

I offered them 13k and the guy basically hung up on me. Pretty pathetic salesmanship. Kept going on about market value trumping blue book value, even though they are very high compared to both. Today I noticed they took the price down to $13,999. We'll see if they call back this week. I told him if he changes his mind to give me a call.

In other news, I found a very clean white car with a little bit more miles for $12.6k. So I know there are good cars out there for reasonable prices. Going to hold out a little longer, I'm in no rush.
Your last two sentences summerize the correct approach. I wish more potential buyers on this board would follow this and not get so hung up. Different markets do affect pricing, so getting advise from all of us may or may not be as helpful as you'd think. Keep in mind that salemen/women are usually constrained by what their manager is pushing. If that particular Z stays on their floorplan for another month, they may be more willing to talk. Paying monthly interest puts pressure on the dealership, particularly for a vehicle that isn't hugely popular during the winter.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:39 AM
lcmenair

Originally Posted by dkmura
Your last two sentences summerize the correct approach. I wish more potential buyers on this board would follow this and not get so hung up. Different markets do affect pricing, so getting advise from all of us may or may not be as helpful as you'd think. Keep in mind that salemen/women are usually constrained by what their manager is pushing. If that particular Z stays on their floorplan for another month, they may be more willing to talk. Paying monthly interest puts pressure on the dealership, particularly for a vehicle that isn't hugely popular during the winter.
I do at least know now that San Marino Blue is my preferred color.

Weird, I initially thought I would only go for black or white, but after seeing that gorgeous dark blue....
Old 01-11-2016, 10:02 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,291 Likes on 895 Posts

Weird, I initially thought I would only go for black or white, but after seeing that gorgeous dark blue....
OK- but don't let that be known in any conversation. The more distinct a particular car is, the worse spot you put yourself in when it comes to negotiating price.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:55 AM
blufc3s

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I like your choice in color heh heh. I bought mine in July 2015 for $17,000 CDN.
It's a Grand Touring MT, and had 76,000 KMS, approximately 45,000 miles, totally original, including paint, and not winter driven.
At today's exchange rates $17,000 CDN is $11,900 in US currency. It might be worth looking north of the boarder (where Cruz was born) for a Z, although most are likely in storage.
New member here, need advice on purchasing an HR-image.jpeg
Old 01-23-2016, 04:21 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

That was a heck of a deal... I went on vacation to New Brunswick when I was a young lad... Not even that far away.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:55 AM
blufc3s

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dboyzalter
That was a heck of a deal... I went on vacation to New Brunswick when I was a young lad... Not even that far away.
No, it's not. I live about 60miles from the Maine boarder and have been to Boston a few times. I drove down near Cape Cod with a buddy some years ago and bought a 2000 Camaro SS and drove it back home. The Camaro was in great shape but just felt too big and "wallowy" for me.