Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Anyone finance w/ the "Signature Grad." program?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 09:06 PM
MikeyDNY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone finance w/ the "Signature Grad." program?

Just wondering if anyone has received special financing or discounts using the sig. grad. program. I know the 350z is not being discounted, but the program writeup states that the grad. program applies to all cars (see below).

"SignatureGRADUATE®

Are you a new college grad? Your achievement deserves credit. SignatureGRADUATE offers a finance choice customized for recent graduates. Make that next big step with exclusive purchase and lease plans featuring special APR and lease terms (see your Nissan dealer for complete details):

• Purchase and lease plans on all new Nissan vehicles.
• Purchase plans on pre-owned Nissans, as well as other pre-owned vehicles less than six years old.
• Security deposit waiver on leases.
• A delayed payment option when you purchase a new Nissan. (Available on loans up to 60 months. Deferred interest added to principal balance and payable over the remaining term. Availability may vary by state.)
• Special "Grad Cash" may be available for college graduates to you help finance your new Nissan. Click on Special Offers or check with your Nissan dealer for details.

To qualify for the SignatureGRADUATE exclusive plans, all you have to do is provide proof of:

• Graduation within the next six months, or past two years, from an accredited U.S. two- or four-year university, college, graduate school or nursing school. Also eligible: students currently enrolled in graduate school.
• Present employment, or future employment beginning within 90 days of financing approval.
• Sufficient income to cover normal living expenses and car payments.
• Auto insurance.
• Approved credit.

Once you complete an application at a Nissan dealer, you should receive a decision within an hour. After that, you're on your way toward driving a Nissan. "
Old 09-23-2002, 09:11 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I grad from grad school 1 year ago, and would like a "special" but to be honest I am not so sure that that is so special. I would never want to delay payments (who wants a 6 or 12 month old car before the payments even starts??)

are there any real advantages??
Old 09-23-2002, 09:20 PM
MikeyDNY

Any real advantages?--that's what I am wondering. The program states that it offers grads "a special APR." The question is whether this is a discounted rate from the best you can get (i.e. 5.49 - 1%) or whether the term "special" implies that a new graduate would not be able to obtain a low rate. In that event, special may mean 7.5% instead of 9%.

The program also refers to "grad cash." Most car co.'s have new grad programs which include $400-800 off but Im not sure what nissan offers.

As for the delayed payment option -- I'm w/ you, not all that appealing.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:28 PM
zPilott

When I bought my last car I tried this, but I had a negative item on my report. They usually will extend this offer to you if you have no credit history, but if you have anything negative, forget about it.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:00 PM
a_p

I was considering doing the signature grad program... however I called up my dealer and asked her to look into financing options.. She returned my call within an hour and quoted me some prices...

She was able to beat any advertised loan that I could find... 4.49% for 60months.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:29 PM
MikeyDNY

a_p and zPilott: Do you guys know anything about the grad cash? Is there any cash back or discounts under the program?
Old 09-24-2002, 02:16 PM
Zrated

I asked my dealer before I picked up my car, there is no grad cash or grad program financing for the Z.