Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Anybody get a Z with the SignatureGRADUATE (Recent College Graduate Program)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 06:57 AM
lamaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody get a Z with the SignatureGRADUATE (Recent College Graduate Program)

Has anybody been able to take advantage of the SignatureGRADUATE? It claims to have "special" APR. I've called Nissan Consumer Affairs and they route my call to NMAC, which routes my call back to Nissan Consumer Affairs. It's a vicious cycle!

OK, so I just got off the phone with the finance manager from one of the local dealerships in Rochester, NY. He claims that the program is designed for college graduates that don't have any credit history, hence have a low fico score. According to him the best they could do was 6%. I tried not to laugh and politely informed him that I would be better off going with www.e-loan.com which had the 6 year loans at 5.65%. Yes, yes I know I shouldn't finance out so long....I don't have the cash for a good down payment, I'm set on getting this d@mn car.

I already have a FICO score of roughly 790, what I need is one of those super low APR offers. I had hopes that the recent college graduate program would be a good way to "cheat" the system. The last laugh is on me with that APR.

Here is a snippet from the nissan website:
http://www.nissanusa.com/buying/Fina...ns/0,,,00.html

College Graduate Program

Are you a recent college graduate?
Are you a new college grad? Your achievement deserves credit. SignatureGRADUATE offers a finance choice customized for recent graduates. Make that next big step with exclusive purchase and lease plans featuring special APR and lease terms when you purchase or lease with Nissan financing. You'll enjoy:

• Purchase and lease plans on all new Nissan vehicles.
• Purchase plans on pre-owned Nissans less than five years old.
• Security deposit waiver on leases.
• A delayed payment option when you purchase a new Nissan. (Available on loans up to 60 months. Deferred interest added to principal balance and payable over the remaining term. Availability may vary by state.)
Old 07-23-2005, 11:41 AM
lamaz

I'll take the lack answers as a "no".

Old 07-23-2005, 12:42 PM
s3fddiZ

The dealer i bought mine from wouldnt offer any kind of rebates or incentives. Already got a bomb *** price, so they werent willing to budge on anything.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:21 PM
mextaliano

there is no college grad prog available on z.

only on altima / xterra / sentra / frontier.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Silverstone_05

Yes, I'm a new grad that bought a Z, the grad program only applies fo a few vehicles. They assume if you can afford a Z you don't need $500 off.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:28 PM
lamaz

Originally Posted by mextaliano

Now granted, I think I read somewhere that you are a sales manager for some dealership somewhere....and the fact that I won't be using the college grad program because the APR offered is worse than I could get through a regular bank.

I have to disagree with you mextaliano, the Nissan website and literature says "Purchase and lease plans on all new Nissan vehicles.", and the last time I checked the 350Z had an Nissan logo on it. What is NOT offered on the Z is the college grad incentives like $500.00 cash back.

Just for argument's sake.

-LamaZ
Old 07-24-2005, 01:35 PM
gatti-man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the z is applicable to the new grad thing but nissan has insanely high credit score numbers fgor you to get it. Tier one i believe is 800 or more on your credit score plus there is another requirement also that i cant remember. Basicly the plan is designed to get people in the door but not really to follow through with it as far as i was told. Maybe those extra requirements are only on the Z though. I was tier one anyways bc i was never late with my payments on my xterra i purchased in 02
Old 07-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Exta_Z

I got the recent grad incentive...it pretty much took my APR down to 1.9%...and I also got lifetime oil changes!
Old 07-25-2005, 02:21 AM
EnthusiastZ

Originally Posted by gatti-man
the z is applicable to the new grad thing but nissan has insanely high credit score numbers fgor you to get it. Tier one i believe is 800 or more on your credit score plus there is another requirement also that i cant remember. Basicly the plan is designed to get people in the door but not really to follow through with it as far as i was told. Maybe those extra requirements are only on the Z though. I was tier one anyways bc i was never late with my payments on my xterra i purchased in 02
You actually qualify for Tier1 through NMAC with a 700.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:30 AM
EnthusiastZ

Originally Posted by mextaliano

You forgot the Pathfinder. Those vehicles qualify for the $500 Grad cash. The Signature Graduate Program is for ALL new Nissan vehicles and Pre-owned less than 5 years old.

Lamanz...That gut you talked to is most likely holding points at 6%. Try another dealer that will give you the "buy rate".
Old 07-25-2005, 02:52 AM
manofsteele2003

6% isn't all that great, I have a 787 and I qualified for 4.9%. I'd check with another dealer or possibly find your own bank to go through.