Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

how to get msrp or under...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 02:28 PM
import-depot.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to get msrp or under...

how do i go about getting msrp or under?

i'm looking for a chrome silver 6speed 350z in the northern va area.

thanks
Old 10-10-2002, 02:45 PM
Rocket2023

I would like to see some other opinions but I think its pretty simple.

For MSRP - If lucky, you will not have to pay add-on's like a Desert Package (that one kills me) or other "paint protection plans". This will vary by dealer but there are some dealers out there who see the BIG picture of continuing patronage. Others who could care less and they will add on when you go to get the car. This is your best bet for MSRP.

For under MSRP- If and it is a big IF right now, is that if there is available inventory and the desire to get a Z diminishes GREATLY. Best chance would be sometime next year and I think its possible it might carry over into 2004. Nissan already cut its initial plans for 40K for the US and has lowered the number to 30K...no guarantee's they will even ship 30K

Other option is to find one used - selling out of desperation and the chances you will find many of those in any given market place is remote.

Good Hunting!

Old 10-10-2002, 03:07 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally posted by Rocket2023
For MSRP - If lucky, you will not have to pay add-on's like a Desert Package (that one kills me) or other "paint protection plans".
I call that the Emporer's New Clothes. Typically, they charge you hundreds of dollars for something you can't even prove they did.

I grew up in a family owned car dealership, and used to drive a lot of dealer transfers when I was in high school. It was funny how many of these cars we'd get with several hundred dollars of paint protection and fabric sealant on the window wouldn't even have had the full "get ready" done, and still had plastic on the seats.

Another pet peeve of mine is "doc fees". I won't pay them, and will shop for a dealer that will not charge me $300 to do my paperwork whenever I decide what I'm ordering (350Z or G35C).
Old 10-10-2002, 03:09 PM
z texas

Wait until the weather turns to **** up there and dealers will have them sitting on the showroom floor dreaming for warm sunny days so that they can sell them. They'll probably work with you on the price then. If they have any in stock at that time, they'll want to move them, especially with the convertibles coming out at the beginning of spring.

I'm assuming you do get snow up there right? If not, well, this won't really hold true. It worked back when the 3000GT VR-4 came out for my dad when I lived in New York.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:13 PM
Leon's Z

Originally posted by MannishBoy

Another pet peeve of mine is "doc fees". I won't pay them, and will shop for a dealer that will not charge me $300 to do my paperwork whenever I decide what I'm ordering (350Z or G35C).
I'm suddenly looking at that same question (350Z or G35C) The benefits seem to be stronger on behalf of the G35C, (especially since they're including the Brembo brakes). If you don't mind, keep me posted with an email about your decision (unless you've made it already. I'd be interested.
Thanks
Old 10-10-2002, 06:22 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

I think the G35C is probably the better buy, and I really like it's looks, however, it is pushing me out of the range of what I told myself I would spend for a car

I really don't want to get too much above $30,000, and I'd be closer to $34,000 on the G35C. I think for the added options, it isn't a bad deal with the longer warranty, leather, sunroof (which I really don't care that much about), steering wheel radio controls, etc. I could swing it, without even really having to finance, but I just don't really want to spend quite that much.

I went and saw the G35C last weekend, and REALLY liked it, though.