Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Has anyone used an eloan check yet?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 12:41 PM
abz123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used an eloan check yet?

I went ahead and applied for an eloan in addition to peoplefirst. Peoplefirst drew a lot of red flags (In my opinion).

They took 1/4 point off the peoplefirst loan. Also gave me $10,000 more than I asked for.

They were a whole lot easier to deal with too. (People first are still asking me for information that I faxed to them two weeks ago. The thing is they e-mailed me a confirmation that they received it the information the same day I faxed it). Geez.

My question: Has anyone actually used eloan at their dealer? What was your experience?
Old 10-22-2002, 12:50 PM
abz123

Just got off the phone with them...

Correction: They use a wire transfer not check.
Old 10-22-2002, 12:51 PM
rep15

Peoplefirst phoned me 10 minutes after I pressed the submit button to tell me the check was in the mail. I Called when the rates went down and they honored new rate without queston. Apply through Costco site for extra .25% off.

4.74% 60 months $36000 (What I asked for. More than I need.)

Can't be easier than that.

Last edited by rep15; 10-22-2002 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:21 PM
westpak
SFZCC

I used eloan a couple of weeks ago for my wifes car and as long as the dealer knows about it, it is not a problem, they just took the paperwork I printed from the web after approval and they made a call and said OK and I was gone with the car.

Just call the dealer and ask to talk to the finance people and if they give you a hard time ask for a name that eloan can call to talk to and eloan will call them. Also see on the eloan site if the dealer is one of the preferred dealers then you know for sure they can do it.

I was going to use it on the Z but the dealer beat the rate so I used it for my wife's car.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:12 PM
abz123

Thanx Westpak...I'll check it out.

Originally posted by westpak
I used eloan a couple of weeks ago for my wifes car and as long as the dealer knows about it, it is not a problem, they just took the paperwork I printed from the web after approval and they made a call and said OK and I was gone with the car.

Just call the dealer and ask to talk to the finance people and if they give you a hard time ask for a name that eloan can call to talk to and eloan will call them. Also see on the eloan site if the dealer is one of the preferred dealers then you know for sure they can do it.

I was going to use it on the Z but the dealer beat the rate so I used it for my wife's car.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:48 PM
abz123

Surprise, surprise! My dealer's not on the recommended list. Looks like another teeth pulling contest.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:15 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by abz123
Surprise, surprise! My dealer's not on the recommended list. Looks like another teeth pulling contest.
It doesn't have to be. All the dealer has to do is call eloan and get a code to put in the paperwork and then send in the paperwork and they get paid within a couple of days, one day if they fax it in.

The problem I had at the Nissan dealer (not on eloan's list) was that they didn't seem to have dealt with it before so there was some confusion and they wanted to get me a loan to avoid it.

If they give you a hard time and can't beat the eloan rate tell them you will do another contract with them that they can hold until they get paid by eloan, they usually do this when you get outside financing and you don't have a check on you and this allows them to let you have the car until you bring them a check or in this case until eloan wires them the money. The only thing would be that you keep in contact with eloan to make sure the dealer is following through with paperwork and not waiting until later tell you that it didn't work, this might be overkill but I don't trust them.